We need to play an actual front court | Page 5 | The Boneyard

We need to play an actual front court

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, that's a garbage lineup. We should never play that and nobody here is suggesting we should

We are on page FOUR of a thread I started arguing against small ball, and you were one of those arguing that 4 and 5 out is the way to go. If you don't like small ball, you could have agreed with me a lot sooner.

Reaction Score
We do need to play bigger. We also need to not play Cole and Gaff together it won’t work. If you’re going to play small, your guys have to be defensively disruptive and tough on the perimeter. Our guys are not disruptive with the exception of AJacks.

You need a low post presence in some capacity to throw the ball in the paint to get you a bucket here and there.

PS: We don’t have an identity, that’s our biggest problem. We are recruiting like UCONN of old but throwing out mid- major like lineups playing small ball every chance we get.

PS: Josh Carlton could have played minutes tonight. Why is he, Javonte, and Richie Springs on the roster if they are not playable. We can’t have 6 big men fighting for 1 spot.

Reaction Score
Thats what I would like to see. One PG, Jackson at 3, Martin at 4, Whaley at 5. Sub as needed. Akok when he is ready. I don’t give two craps about my 4 shooting 3s. I do expect them to be able to hit face up jumpers. I’m also tired of using the one post player as a screener up top. It’s bad offense. It kills our rebounding and he is doing nothing out there. Use that stretch 4 in that role.

I understand if Josh simply can’t defend as required in Hurley’s defense, but he is certainly a capable offensive player. I fail to see a reason why we can’t use him at times. He is also our best rim protector by a lot if we go zone. We should have done that against this team tonight. They were not dangerous from outside and we acted like the were Villanova.
Carlton has a role at some point this year, he just has to stay ready. He's gonna be important once we get to Big East play and our bigs get into foul trouble

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yes I want us to play 4 out, with Tyrese Martin and Akok Akok at the 4 spot. This isn't hard

3 of Sanogo, Whaley, Jackson, Martin, Polley or one of the deep bench bigs on the court 80% of the time. We need to be longer. It will help us on both ends.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We do need to play bigger. We also need to not play Cole and Gaff together it won’t work. If you’re going to play small, your guys have to be defensively disruptive and tough on the perimeter. Our guys are not disruptive with the exception of AJacks.

You need a low post presence in some capacity to throw the ball in the paint to get you a bucket here and there.

PS: We don’t have an identity, that’s our biggest problem. We are recruiting like UCONN of old but throwing out mid- major like lineups playing small ball every chance we get.

PS: Josh Carlton could have played minutes tonight. Why is he, Javonte, and Richie Springs on the roster if they are not playable. We can’t have 6 big men fighting for 1 spot.

Bingo. Great post.

Reaction Score
Guys. Guys.

The line for Summer's Eve and Kotex starts to the left. :rolleyes:
No practice in 2 weeks, then 2 mid major games in 3 days. Danny is throwing lineups out there of all shapes and sizes because he can and should. Plus, Akok will be a difference maker come mid January.

He got this.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How’d we do against one of the best in the country you miserable SOB?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I saw a lot of Carlton, Whaley and Sanogo tonight. What game were you watching?
You gave the impression that you thought Hurley wouldn't do that.

Reaction Score
We scored 8 points in the last 14 and a half minutes. We scored a poor 1 point per possession overall. But we needed to go big due to the opponent having 2 5* bigs. The matchup suggested going smaller last game. We won both games.

Reaction Score
Lol- obviously your going to be playing big when the team your playing against has 2 NBA front court players & probably the top big man who will be drafted later this year. It’s all about matchups- wouldn’t say one way or the other as far what exact lineup we need to play yet each game, still pretty early. The good thing is- this must be the deepest team we’ve had in quite a while- a number of players just about at each spot & we finally developed a big who can actually play in Whaley- not sure if anyone has mention this- but over the last 15 games or so he has totally changed the Huskies from losing games to winning games- probably the top reason.

Reaction Score
You’re a moron. Give it a rest.
The arrogant moron is you... we played big against a top front court team and played well tonight against them. You never fail to look idiotic. Negative Nancy always... put a sock in it already.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lol- obviously your going to be playing big when the team your playing against has 2 NBA front court players & probably the top big man who will be drafted later this year. It’s all about matchups- wouldn’t say one way or the other as far what exact lineup we need to play yet each game, still pretty early. The good thing is- this must be the deepest team we’ve had in quite a while- a number of players just about at each spot & we finally developed a big who can actually play in Whaley- not sure if anyone has mention this- but over the last 15 games or so he has totally changed the Huskies from losing games to winning games- probably the top reason.

Dictate the pace to them. Whaley and Carlton are a good combo on both ends. Sanogo looked like a frosh that had not been to a lot of practices tonight because he had no idea what he was supposed to do on offense when there was another big on the court. He will come around

Going small should be sliding Polley to the 4.

My complaint was that the 3 guard lineups just don't work. I will amend that to argue that they really don't work with Polley at the 4 with 3 guards. We are just too small and soft with that lineup.

Reaction Score
Carlton has a role at some point this year, he just has to stay ready. He's gonna be important once we get to Big East play and our bigs get into foul trouble
Carlton IS one of our bigs...not counting on any frosh besides Sanogo. Carlton is going to play alot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom