We might get 'The Game' again? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We might get 'The Game' again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They win. We gain nothing.

Eventually maybe, but right now this would just be a recruiting tool for the Vols.
Why help them? Let's just play all the other top teams and not allow the Vols to tell recruits:
If you come here we can beat numero uno.

Besides,.........why would they want to play a bunch of cheaters?

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
First of all, I want to agree on the Niele Ivey sentiment ;) Secondly, I think UConn should not play UT during the tenure of the first coach after GA....ya know, out of respect for him. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Perhaps there will be a game in the NCAAs. Personally, I hope not. Tennessee has made its bed and should get a good, long use of it. I am sure Holly W does not want a game. The pressure to win and the wrath of Pat Summit if they (likely) lose make it a no win for Warlick.

Reaction Score
If they ask, Geno should agree to the game. Both to be willing to take on all comers, and because it would be a lot of fun to win.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I don't want it. Still a lot of hurt with what IMO not only the coaches, but the fans tried to pull off to destroy the UConn program. Some of us lived through it and it was dirty and as low as you could go. I think the game will happen because it is good for the game. ESPN would push hard for it. But what the Tenn organization tried to do to us coaches, fans, former players, players and recruits is hard to accept. I say NO never.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't want it. Still a lot of hurt with what IMO not only the coaches, but the fans tried to pull off to destroy the UConn program. Some of us lived through it and it was dirty and as low as you could go. I think the game will happen because it is good for the game. ESPN would push hard for it. But what the Tenn organization tried to do to us coaches, fans, former players, players and recruits is hard to accept. I say NO never.
Playing Tennessee used to be "good for the game" back when Pat looked at the respective rosters post Candice and realized that she won't be able to compete for the foreseeable future and cancelled it. Tennessee is a still a good program but no longer a great one. We should continue to schedule the very best opponents available as that is what's best both for "the game" and for the University of Connecticut.

Reaction Score

The thought of it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, too. Would it be good for the game? I don't know.....but even if it is, it would be like cod liver oil is good for you....maybe some benefit, but very hard for me to swallow!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The thought of it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, too. Would it be good for the game? I don't know.....but even if it is, it would be like cod liver oil is good for you....maybe some benefit, but very hard for me to swallow!
My mom used to make us drink Brewer's Yeast mixed with orange juice when we were younger. It was like drinking smooth vomit. Totally agree - good for you but totally nasty!!

As for a possible game with Tennessee, I'm meh. It seems to me the only reason they are even considering it is because they think they've gotten enough good recruits to actually be competitive with UCONN. Problem is, they weren't even competitive with Stanford, ND, or Baylor. But hey, let them think they can hang with the big boys. Honestly, we could do them a favor and schedule them, but I'm ambivalent either way. They are no better than the Duke's, ND's, Maryland's, Stanford's etc. of the world and we already have them on the schedule.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Respectfully. Those of you who think we should play Tenn have no idea what they tried to do to UConn Geno, CD, the Staff the School the Fans the players, the former players. They tried to tear down everything to do with UConn with no mercy. You have no idea what they were trying to do. I will bet (I have no knowledge) Geno and Chris want nothing to do with Pat or Tenn. They wont say it but I will bet they don't ever want to play them again. We will never know everything that Pat and Tenn tried to do. We know a lot already and that's enough for me to stay clear of them. IMO We need to stay as far away from them as possible. After all these years one of the mods on the Summit got the FBI involved with one of our posters because of something he posted. That's enough for me to say STAY Clear of anything to do with Tenn.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
This looks like a rehash of an article published in June

How can it be a re-hash of a June article when the first sentence begins: "Tennessee women's basketball coach Holly Warlick said Monday in an interview...."

Monday wasn't June it was July 15th.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I provided a link to the June article. Please check it out, Blue, Unless I am mistaken, there are a number if similarities between the two, some almost word for word.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I provided a link to the June article. Please check it out, Blue, Unless I am mistaken, there are a number if similarities between the two, some almost word for word.

Yes, there is nothing new.

OK guys, I see what your saying - My apologies. The Courant and John A. is just reporting on the AP story and repeating it. It would seem the intent of the article put on the Courant site yesterday by John A. was to dispute the report of more recent stories of renewal of the TENN -UCONN game. In that regard it is news to reinforce John's previous information in order to rebut the headlines that may have floated (Including the misleading one starting this Thread!) Which is what I thought I was offering news about :(

P.S. - It must be the off-season if media outlets keep repeating themselves.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
OK guys,It would seem the intent of the article put on the Courant site yesterday by John A. was to dispute the report of more recent stories of renewal of the TENN -UCONN game. In that regard it is news to reinforce John's previous information in order to rebut the headlines that may have floated (Including the misleading one starting this Thread!) Which is what I thought I was offering news about P.S. - It must be the off-season if media outlets keep repeating themselves.

Hmmm..that almost seems as confusing as the article....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As with all good debates, some positions get stretched to make a point. What has the Boneyard with our undies in a bunch is that wacky litany of horse puckies dutifully created and delivered to the NCAA by Pat and her minions. It was, of course, more menopausal than maniacal. Most of it so pettily absurd that it needed no answer. Something a deposed dictator would write while in solitary. Indeed, for many of us it provided fodder for a lot of humor. Still, the utter mean spirited, yes vicious, and underhanded nature of it justifies a lasting resentment and a sense that we are still best shunning that program and its administration.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
. What has the Boneyard with out undies in a bunch is that wacky litany of horse puckies dutifully created and delivered to the NCAA by Pat and her minions.

Ouch, I think that's worse than with your undies in a bunch. Commando gone awry.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
While I would really enjoy winning, any loss would be unbearable.

I'm happy not to play them every year.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Tennessee will be a top 10 team for a while, with Russell and Graves. Heck, they might evenbe better when Simmons is gone. I'd love to see UConn play all the top 10 teams in a season.
You are right- Tenn will also be very talented this year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom