We got us a Death Storm... | The Boneyard

We got us a Death Storm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
coming straight at Connecticut. Scot Haney is going to pee himself with excitement. Rain, rain, rain.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I thought Bruce DePriest was going to have an accident on air yesterday when he announced the earthquake. Both Haney and DePriest were mellow when compared to the giddiness on the Weather Channel.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
coming straight at Connecticut. Scot Haney is going to pee himself with excitement. Rain, rain, rain.

On Sunday (the projected landfall date) it is a new moon....

High tides sometime just after 11:AM and 11:30 PM (depending upon where you are) and a moderately high astronomical tide on that day (plus whatever storm surge, etc).

Could be some folks with wet feet.....

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Sounds like it might weaken more than they thought ... which I'm praying happens. I'm sure the sirens will go off in Milford.

Reaction Score
Sounds like it might weaken more than they thought ... which I'm praying happens. I'm sure the sirens will go off in Milford.
Nah... no sirens, Milford will be under water. :eek:

I would not want to be in Stonington or Milford this weekend. If it stays west, then Wethersfield , Glastonbury and towns like them with acres of very old trees might be in for some nastiness.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My husband is dithering about pulling his boat out of the water. The last time we had that torrential downpour he made the 40 minute trip to be sure the damn boat was ok. I don't ever want to find out what would happen if he had to choose between saving me or the boat.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Up until this morning the track of the storm was moving steadily away from the east coast the last several days. Unfortunately they have not changed the track from yesterday at five pm. I doesn't mean it will hit the north east, but I was hoping for the trending further away from land take place quickly. It may be a US hit somewhere in the north east. I think by tomorrow, if the track is the same as today people will have to take things seriously in the northeast.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Up until this morning the track of the storm was moving steadily away from the east coast the last several days. Unfortunately they have not changed the track from yesterday at five pm. I doesn't mean it will hit the north east, but I was hoping for the trending further away from land take place quickly. It may be a US hit somewhere in the north east. I think by tomorrow, if the track is the same as today people will have to take things seriously in the northeast.

Almost all the projected tracks on weather.com look dangerous (whatever that's worth). At this point I think it comes down to intensity. Early yesterday I heard Cat 2 possibly on the brink of 3, now it looks closer to a Cat 1. We live a street away from the Housatonic so I'm a little worried about the tide/flooding ... not to mention the huge oak in our backyard.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Almost all the projected tracks on weather.com look dangerous (whatever that's worth). At this point I think it comes down to intensity. Early yesterday I heard Cat 2 possibly on the brink of 3, now it looks closer to a Cat 1. We live a street away from the Housatonic so I'm a little worried about the tide/flooding ... not to mention the huge oak in our backyard.
If the path holds the same by 11 pm today I doubt it changes course. So then it is a matter of intensity. They have been wrong from the beginning about the intensity predictions. So plan for the worse and hope for the best. Good luck.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I thought Bruce DePriest was going to have an accident on air yesterday when he announced the earthquake. Both Haney and DePriest were mellow when compared to the giddiness on the Weather Channel.
He did. And it's called and after shock.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
First official "death storm" post of the new site!

Reaction Score
I'll be vacating the premises here in NJ and driving out to PA westward.

Post #1!

Reaction Score
UConn Avery Pt is tying everything down. I'm at waterfront Clinton at moment, and the boats are leaving the water faster than hot grease exiting a duck.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My kids, who enjoyed a multitude of snow days last winter, are hoping for a "hurricane day" from the first day of school.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
My kids, who enjoyed a multitude of snow days last winter, are hoping for a "hurricane day" from the first day of school.
My wife is a teacher in NC and had to make up 6 days last year - she hates these no school days - they're actually off on Monday so no loss there if it is a hurricane day!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Doomed?
original

ctchamps

Reaction Score
First outer bands reached us this AM and the storm is 300 miles away! Wave action is picking up with waves expected to be 6 - 9 feet.

Reaction Score
Starting to get some winds here in NC...fortunately I'm 90 miles from coast

Reaction Score
My husband just told me that the Weather Channel is saying that the storm "will push Long Island sound into NYC". What the hell does that mean?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
My husband just told me that the Weather Channel is saying that the storm "will push Long Island sound into NYC". What the hell does that mean?
It means all the spit, gum, tobacco, and graffiti will be removed from the streets and building up to the third floor.

Reaction Score
My husband is dithering about pulling his boat out of the water. The last time we had that torrential downpour he made the 40 minute trip to be sure the damn boat was ok. I don't ever want to find out what would happen if he had to choose between saving me or the boat.
he will save you of course! just tell him he can get another boat :p

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I don't think he should dither on this one. That's playing with fire, I mean water. You can tell him to save the boat, the Boneyard will come to your rescue.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
he will save you of course! just tell him he can get another boat :p
The boats keep getting bigger every time he buys a new one. For the current boat, we had to buy a SUV so that he could pull it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom