We got Newton. Who's Next? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We got Newton. Who's Next?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's a teenage wasteland in the portal; love ain't for keeping and they're all going mobile. Everybody and my wife is looking for a bargain. No one is saying the song is over, as long as we won't get fooled again.

You missed one, but I'll forgive you because no one knows what it's like to be the bad man.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Assuming a castle reclass then We already have a freakin awesome top 8 and we’re only going to get better…

Newton / Hawk / Jackson / Johnson / Sanogo
Castle / Ramey? / Karaban / Clingan

2 depth pieces? Springs? Red shirt?

We really only need to land 1 more impact transfer e.g. Ramey and we’ll have a 9 man rotation that’s better than this year’s team.

The doom and gloom is truly baffling to me
c'mon - we lost 4 transfers that averaged a total of 8 points last season. impossible to replace

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You missed one, but I'll forgive you because no one knows what it's like to be the bad man.
I was fully aware, but from the pics I could find it didn't look like Hurley has blue eyes and I didn't want to force it when the others fit so well.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Ugh. CFJ is such an ideal fit here as the last guard in a 9-man rotation too.
Maybe we can sign him out of the portal. Get DH to show him the love and maybe he'll come back to us. ;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's a teenage wasteland in the portal; love ain't for keeping and they're all going mobile. Everybody and my wife is looking for a bargain. No one is saying the song is over, as long as we won't get fooled again.
No one knows what its like to feel these feelings like we do. I can't explain it. But they can't prevent us from being happy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

If you don’t see the problem, I can’t explain. I’ve had enough. We need scorers anyway, anyhow, anywhere, if we’re going to have a success story. We are looking for a pure and easy shooter. Who are you?

Reaction Score
All this weeks activities is part of a plan I’m enjoying.
UConn built its status with a bunch of badasses and warriors.
Some were in your face: Donny, Sellers, Freeman-Hamilton chest bumps. Martin continued that for sure.
Some used other methods: El Amin, Henefeld, Sheffer, Butler, Lyman.
Some were superstars: Donyell, Allen, Okafor, Walker.
Commonality. Other team’s fans hated them.
Warriors: Rudy Johnson, Alterique, Akok.

These others expecting floor time without the effort? Thanks. Nice knowing you. Good luck.

Bring in more badasses

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Jaiden Delaire could help us a lot from the wing position- good rebounder/defender & versatile- I think he’s actually a bit underrated- still think we need another bigger name- but if Delaire can be the third or fourth transfer brought in- think it would be solid.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I think Jaiden Delaire could help us a lot from the wing position- good rebounder/defender & versatile- I think he’s actually a bit underrated- still think we need another bigger name- but if Delaire can be the third or fourth transfer brought in- think it would be solid.

I’ve been curious as to our interest, if any, in Delaire. From the quotes his father gave to the CT beat guys when he left Stanford, it sounds like we’d be a strong favorite for him if we offered. With Akok gone, it would make sense to bring in a bigger body that fits the 4 out-1 in mold we’re going with but I also wouldn’t want to inhibit Karaban’s minutes.

Reaction Score
Anthony Harris transferring out of UNC, weren't we in on him during his recruitment?

Reaction Score
All this weeks activities is part of a plan I’m enjoying.
UConn built its status with a bunch of badasses and warriors.
Some were in your face: Donny, Sellers, Freeman-Hamilton chest bumps. Martin continued that for sure.
Some used other methods: El Amin, Henefeld,
Sheffer.
Some just played awesome: Allen, Okafor, Butler, Walker, Napier.
Commonality: other team’s fans hated them.
Warriors fought through adversity: Alterique, Rudy Johnson, Whaley, and now Akok. Huskies that we love forever.
Flotsam: Vance, Diggins, Floyd

Reaction Score
He can't shoot though can he?
Hard to tell...he shot 27% from 3 on the year but 35% in conference (3/23 non conf and 13/37 in conf). Recruiting profile also describes him as a solid shooter.

Reaction Score
And if we get a few more transfers, we won’t have to worry about looking behind the husky’s blue eyes.,

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
yall whiffing big time on the relevant who reference to describe the team.

and what's up with that drummer guy?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom