We Essentially Have The Same Players Next Year | The Boneyard

We Essentially Have The Same Players Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Returning is real good. But can they bring the mental game to the forefront. This is not a very high IQ basketball team, and that's never a good thing. I mean the soph's haven't zoomed in, the only keep freshman has been getting better. So I guess my question will be right up until next year, can the key quit making the same stupid errors on both ends the continuously make game after game?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The jump from Frosh to Soph is a huge one. The guys who are coming back will be better versions of themselves.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Returning is real good. But can they bring the mental game to the forefront. This is not a very high IQ basketball team, and that's never a good thing. I mean the soph's haven't zoomed in, the only keep freshman has been getting better. So I guess my question will be right up until next year, can the key quit making the same stupid errors on both ends the continuously make game after game?
At least we know Phil can't regress anymore. I mean as long as he doesn't spontaneously combust or something.

Reaction Score
We will see who we add. We are sure trying to cast a wide net on Pt guards. Going for smallish 3 stars. Maybe we can pick up a 5th year senior or JUCO to help us out inside.

Reaction Score
At least we know Phil can't regress anymore. I mean as long as he doesn't spontaneously combust or something.

Let's be honest, we have to protect our best big because he's so foul prone and hasn't figured it out almost 2 seasons in. If you're not scared as to whether he will ever get it then you 're not being honest with yourself. He and Facey are issues if the light doesn't go off!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Having everyone back would be awesome if that included Boat. This team, with a year of experience with Boat would be nasty. This team lead by a freshman PG is far less appetizing.

Reaction Score
Having everyone back would be awesome if that included Boat. This team, with a year of experience with Boat would be nasty. This team lead by a freshman PG is far less appetizing.
We may have a legit point forward next year (to go along with Jalen and upperclassman TSam next year). There are not many college teams that can or could boast that.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This is the same team last year that's a year older, without Ryan Boatright.

That isn't a good thing, folks. There isn't any 3-star PG from Alabama who can shine it up. This is a staff failure and needs to be recognized as such.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Next year everyone will have a solid year of experience under their belts, both from a physical aspect and mental one. Bringing in great recruits will help. We don't have anyone to play the the pick and pop/pick and roll with this year. Hamilton can but hasn't learned it this year. Our defense and free throws are the biggest thing that need to be fixed. We know how to run the sets offensively we just don't execute them. Yeah this year hasn't panned out as we had hoped, but it's not over yet. I'm still cheering for them.

Reaction Score
He will be great. He will also be a Freshman who is the only legit ballhandler.
Yeah, DHam's definitely not a legit ball-handler or facilitator.

Reaction Score
Yeah, DHam's definitely not a legit ball-handler or facilitator.

I know this is sarcasm, but to back your point, Hamilton can definitely be safely classified at this point as an adequate complementary ball-handler. I think the stats you posted the other day reflect that. And Purvis is ever so gradually improving with the ball in his hands - he's been more efficient at finding creases in the defense and getting to the rim. For whatever reason, he played tentatively earlier in the year and he's just now discovering how we need him to play. Hopefully the injuries don't discourage him.

Between Adams, Purvis, and Hamilton, the fabric of a potent perimeter trio is there. If a kid like Facey could make the next step and become a multi-threat out of the high post, we'd really be in business.

Reaction Score
I know this is sarcasm, but to back your point, Hamilton can definitely be safely classified at this point as an adequate complementary ball-handler. I think the stats you posted the other day reflect that. And Purvis is ever so gradually improving with the ball in his hands - he's been more efficient at finding creases in the defense and getting to the rim. For whatever reason, he played tentatively earlier in the year and he's just now discovering how we need him to play. Hopefully the injuries don't discourage him.

Between Adams, Purvis, and Hamilton, the fabric of a potent perimeter trio is there. If a kid like Facey could make the next step and become a multi-threat out of the high post, we'd really be in business.
Thanks for the back-up :)

I'm also, fwiw, not willing to give up on TSam or SamIIAm yet. Cassell was very good in the preseason before the leg injuries that pretty much ruined his year, and TSam has given us good minutes against good teams in the past. He was clueless tonight, but nights like this are part of the process.

caw

Reaction Score
A lot will depend on the development of players.

I trust that Brimah will improve. Look how much better he got after a summer where he was injured.

Hamilton looks like the light is just starting to come on. I would also be surprised if he doesn't get better.

Facey may or may not have improved since last year, but I think there is hope there.

If those three can improve that could be a very good front court, and it will be deeper just by adding Enoch.

Calhoun will have his first healthy summer at UConn, that should be a good thing.

Reaction Score
I just hope the off season work out reports will be tempered on the Yard. Many of us got burned last year with the glowing and glorifying player updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom