We argue about basketball.. | The Boneyard

We argue about basketball..

Reaction Score
Then reality hits home with the very sad and crappy news of a great poster and guy like Db2u geez it sucks.

Who really cares about the AAC, last years record, the clubhouse BS, KO and Chill can't close or if you think everything will be alright as a pollyanna - none of it matters like Kate losing her dad, a true BY legend but more so a great dad and husband.

Wow this really hits home here I can tell you that. Damn!

Reaction Score
Then reality hits home with the very sad and crappy news of a great poster and guy like Db2u geez it sucks.

Who really cares about the AAC, last years record, the clubhouse BS, KO and Chill can't close or if you think everything will be alright as a pollyanna - none of it matters like Kate losing her dad, a true BY legend.

Wow this really hits home here I can tell you that. Damn!
+1

Reaction Score
He was just posting on Wednesday morning and as usual a very solid post. I admit I am stunned and saddened. I hope KO and the staff can bring this kid home in memory of Db2u, it would really be special.

Dogbreath2U liked your post in the thread 2018 Recruiting: Iggy B.

Love this kids game. As someone stated very early on him, a little Chris Mullin in his game. Can score in multiple ways and looks to be...

Wednesday at 6:53 AM

Reaction Score
He was just posting on Wednesday morning and as usual a very solid post. I admit I am stunned and saddened. I hope KO and the staff can bring this kid home in memory of Db2u, it would really be special.

Love this kids game. As someone stated very early on him, a little Chris Mullin in his game. Can score in multiple ways and looks to be...

That'd be awesome. Maybe he can be our angel in the outfield(on the court) this yr

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I normally do not watch replays of UConn losses, but I'm going to knock off work a little early and watch the 2009 Kentucky game on ESPN Classic today, tipping off right now, in fond memory of Dogbreath2U. Something tells me he saw this game live. IIRC, I think the zebras screwed us late in this game!

Reaction Score
No matter what happens on the court this is always going to be about the community and the value of sharing experiences. Whether we're winning or losing watching UConn basketball and posting on the yard will always be a moment I'm not putting up with some other BS. Not sure anybody understood or embodied that better than DBU. We're certainly a man down today as a board.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Quite likely that KO knew Db2u - both Glastonbury residents
He was my age which made me stop at work, close my door and really think about it.
Maybe we here can start a collection for a BB scholarship, purchase a brick in Storrs campus or something in his name - just thinking out loud

Reaction Score
Quite likely that KO knew Db2u - both Glastonbury residents
He was my age which made me stop at work, close my door and really think about it.
Maybe we here can start a collection for a BB scholarship, purchase a brick in Storrs campus or something in his name - just thinking out loud
Maybe do a collection on here for Connecticut Children's which was what his daughter listed as the charity to donate to in his name. This is lofty, but maybe even pull together a one time memorial golf tournament, that would be special

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Good post @mauconnfan . I've said it a couple times on here, but the Yard is an outlet, not real life. If I'm bantering back and forth with someone, it's never personal but just a way to escape for a bit. The real important stuff is family, friends, etc. That's not to say we can't continue to fight about KO, but it's all in fun.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Excellent idea, I am in if someone has the time to set this up. Nice job

I am in as well. My oldest nephew spent some time there as a youngster. He just turned 49 yesterday. I donated to them when a deceased family member designated them as their charity of choice about 20 years ago.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Lately, at unprecedented levels, we bitch about the unchangeable past, or catastropize about the not yet knowable future. When a guy dies at 62 the day after I'm called "Old Timer" when I admit to being 63, the present affirms itself as the better place for my focus. It's warming and hopeful to see similar sentiments across the spectrum.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lately, at unprecedented levels, we bitch about the unchangeable past, or catastropize about the not yet knowable future. When a guy dies at 62 the day after I'm called "Old Timer" when I admit to being 63, the present affirms itself as the better place for my focus. It's warming and hopeful to see similar sentiments across the spectrum.

For what it's worth I should have probably apologized for that comment. I was just riled up after being told to shut up. I should probably recognize someone that is twice my age likely has some stored up wisdom.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For what it's worth I should have probably apologized for that comment. I was just riled up after being told to shut up. I should probably recognize someone that is twice my age likely has some stored up wisdom.

Willing to bet that Hans, what with all that stored up wisdom, took that one in stride.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Have to say this news hit me really hard. I've decided to mostly lurk while the sky is falling and the Pollyanna crowd duke it out. All the bad news hashed out in this forum over the past year I've taken in stride. This is different. I'm going to miss Dogbreath2u. This is the suckiest news by far.

I'm in on whatever charity The Boneyard creates.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
"Shut up" was harsh; I just wanted to jolt you into going outside to enjoy a beautiful day, and I wish there were some way to bridge the gaps between loyal fans other than a death among us.
I watched (or sometimes didn't watch) some unwatchable basketball in the past three years...just like you. Clearly, things have looked more amiss than not at times. The defections and lost recruiting battles and being the unsurpassed basketball loser in the game of musical chairs called Conference Realignment has shaken the foundation of my sole remaining spectator sport passion. The first 25 years built to the dream season. The next 25 culminated with the 2014 NC. Nobody grounded in reality isn't concerned, no matter what some may think. But some ways to express it may be more helpful to self, others, and karma than others. That's really all I have to contribute.
Thanks for acknowledging me. I hope this squares things between us as we root for the same thing. My real Pollyanna comment is that we all need each other.

Reaction Score
Maybe do a collection on here for Connecticut Children's which was what his daughter listed as the charity to donate to in his name. This is lofty, but maybe even pull together a one time memorial golf tournament, that would be special

I'll help run a late Sept tourney in his name. If we can get 6-8 people on the planning committee I'll help push this through.

Reaction Score
What all of us really want is probably pretty similar. We just have differing opinions on the state of the program and how to improve upon things.

The thing I miss the most is being relevant on a national level. Being ranked during the season, getting a decent seed and having an oppotunity to make some noise in the tourney. The championships have been great, but just being in the hunt regularly was equally enjoyable. I hope we return to that level.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What all of us really want is probably pretty similar. We just have differing opinions on the state of the program and how to improve upon things.

The thing I miss the most is being relevant on a national level. Being ranked during the season, getting a decent seed and having an oppotunity to make some noise in the tourney. The championships have been great, but just being in the hunt regularly was equally enjoyable. I hope we return to that level.

This has always been my view. I love the regular season. Love being in the tournament. Winning it? That's fleeting.

But I do appreciate this community of souls who cares about something enough to argue. Shares something, despite vast age differences, cultures, incomes, and political views. And yes, even views on pizza, beer and Arby's. 2B2U was a big part of this kooky family and it is heartbreaking to see him gone so young.

Reaction Score

Yep!!

And now I want this for Db2u more than myself. Not a title but a year that will bring us all together in a happier place, a year to get us back on the map we are all so used to. Have a gut feeling if it happens he will have a hand in this. After all even the pollyanna in me knows it will take something special for that to happen :)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom