We argue about basketball.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We argue about basketball..

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yep!!

And now I want this for Db2u more than myself. Not a title but a year that will bring us all together in a happier place, a year to get us back on the map we are all so used to. Have a gut feeling if it happens he will have a hand in this. After all even the pollyanna in me knows it will take something special for that to happen :)

Expect a miracle! The Dream Season revisited.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'll help run a late Sept tourney in his name. If we can get 6-8 people on the planning committee I'll help push this through.

I think this is the answer.

The first fundraisers we ever had here were through the golf tournaments and I think most of us old-timey Boneyarders met Tom that way.

In the interim, perhaps a week of detente on the Boneyard in Tom's honor is in order.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I am also in. I am real busy this summer and not on often. Please email me or post details. Sad loss. Very sad. Makes you think.I am older than DB2U. Neighbor 3 houses down, age 52 is still in intensive care with a heart as big as a meatloaf. You never know.

Again anything that developes in his honor please message me.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
"Shut up" was harsh; I just wanted to jolt you into going outside to enjoy a beautiful day, and I wish there were some way to bridge the gaps between loyal fans other than a death among us.
I watched (or sometimes didn't watch) some unwatchable basketball in the past three years...just like you. Clearly, things have looked more amiss than not at times. The defections and lost recruiting battles and being the unsurpassed basketball loser in the game of musical chairs called Conference Realignment has shaken the foundation of my sole remaining spectator sport passion. The first 25 years built to the dream season. The next 25 culminated with the 2014 NC. Nobody grounded in reality isn't concerned, no matter what some may think. But some ways to express it may be more helpful to self, others, and karma than others. That's really all I have to contribute.
Thanks for acknowledging me. I hope this squares things between us as we root for the same thing. My real Pollyanna comment is that we all need each other.

Liked this yesterday, but meant to reply. I feel the same way as you. If conference realignment hadn't screwed us, I think most of us would feel quite differently about a few rough seasons.

The cloud of irrelevance hanging over our heads is what I think is the root cause of most of the debates around here.

Things are absolutely squared too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom