We are Down to Four (4) 2013 Prospects! Where are My Meds? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

We are Down to Four (4) 2013 Prospects! Where are My Meds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
WTH are you talking about ?

He said "We are, along with Baylor/Stanford, the only elite schools without a ranked 2013 commit."
So I listed last years top 20 and their recruits for 2013. It clearly showed that it's not just UConn Baylor and Stanford that haven't signed ranked 2013 recruits.

I added UNC as they were elite in the past even though not top 25 last year. I listed the rankings of their verbals for 2013.

Hope that helps clear up your confusion.

Reaction Score
I'm worried that we will end up with a good recruiting class. A poor one would be better. Then, the following year, the top recruits will flock to Uconn because they will get oodles of playing time.

What is the matter with you? The goal of UCONN is to have balanced, but good if not great recruiting classes every year. This is how a team remains on top of the pile.

Reaction Score
He said "We are, along with Baylor/Stanford, the only elite schools without a ranked 2013 commit."
So I listed last years top 20 and their recruits for 2013. It clearly showed that it's not just UConn Baylor and Stanford that haven't signed ranked 2013 recruits.

I added UNC as they were elite in the past even though not top 25 last year. I listed the rankings of their verbals for 2013.

Hope that helps clear up your confusion.

Clarification is needed here.

The quote you referenced is flat-out wrong.

John Glass was quoating the original poster, namely me.

As a further clarification, my intent was to focus on the so-called top tier programs.

Duke, for example, would be a 2nd tier program for the purposes of this discussion.

(Programs ranked from 5 - 10 would be considered second tier, again for the purposes of this discussion.)

Peace,

John Fryer

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Clarification is needed here.

The quote you referenced is flat-out wrong.

John Glass was quoating the original poster, namely me.

As a further clarification, my intent was to focus on the so-called top tier programs.

Duke, for example, would be a 2nd tier program for the purposes of this discussion.

(Programs ranked from 5 - 10 would be considered second tier, again for the purposes of this discussion.)

Peace,

John Fryer

The quote I referenced is exactly what you posted. I cut and pasted it.

I'm glad you are clarifying because it's apparent that your original statement is not what you meant.

So, you mean the top tier programs. Can you tell me who they are and what top recruits they have committements from? Because I still think your statement, even in that light, is bull.

Maybe you DID take your meds and it's effecting your posting abilities to make sense.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Top tier programs? Not sure what the criteria is but here is a look at Final Four appearances in the last 10 years. One could argue that there are really only 4 elite programs in the past 10 years, those being the ones that were in 50% of the Final Fours. Only three teams (UCONN, Tennessee and Baylor) have multiple titles and only two other universities (MD and TAMU) have even won a championship in the past 10 years other than those three.

Can Notre Dame really be considered an elite program at this point? Do two Final Fours and no titles put you in the category? Not in my book. UNC is not really an elite program in my book at this point, but will be again soon, I suspect. Stanford has not titles but is obviously elite. The jury is still out on Tennessee's future status as an elite program.

Final Four Appearances in the Last Ten Years
UCONN - 7
Stanford -5
Tennessee - 5
LSU - 5
Baylor - 3
Notre Dame - 2
North Carolina - 2
Duke - 2
Oklahoma - 2
Rutgers - 1
MD - 1
Minnesota - 1
Texas - 1
Louisville - 1
TAMU - 1
Michigan State - 1

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller - link

Would Taya Reimer have honored her commitment if Geno had accepted it in her sophomore year or would she still be going to ND? Hard to say. I do understand Geno's reluctance to accept verbals from Sophomores as it hasn't always worked out.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller - link

Would Taya Reimer have honored her commitment if Geno had accepted it in her sophomore year or would she still be going to ND? Hard to say. I do understand Geno's reluctance to accept verbals from Sophomores as it hasn't always worked out.
Don't care at all about Reimer.. Lots of interesting stuff in that article about 2013 and 2014 actual targets.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some intreating new info.

I like Erica McCall. She seems to have a good handle on things.

Ekmark sounds fairly close to deciding. She sounds like a taller version of Mel Thomas to me. I like that too.

Both Erica and Courtney are daughters of coaches.

JS

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller - link
Would Taya Reimer have honored her commitment if Geno had accepted it in her sophomore year
Dunno. But I do know some poster from San Diego responded "Bull!" when I made reference to this case not long ago.

That should convince him to believe every last thing I say.

Make it easier to slip more of my lies past him.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Dunno. But I do know some poster from San Diego responded "Bull!" when I made reference to this case not long ago.

That should convince him to believe every last thing I say.

Make it easier to slip more of my lies past him.
who me???!!! I DO believe in spooks - I do I do I do I do!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom