We are Down to Four (4) 2013 Prospects! Where are My Meds? | The Boneyard

We are Down to Four (4) 2013 Prospects! Where are My Meds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are down to four (4) prospects in the Class of 2013.

According to Nan's Recruiting List, we may have extended only three (3) offers so far.

We are, along with Baylor/Stanford, the only elite schools without a ranked 2013 commit.

Where are my meds?

Peace,

John Fryer

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
We are down to four (4) prospects in the Class of 2013.

According to Nan's Recruiting List, we may have extended only three (3) offers so far.

We are, along with Baylor/Stanford, the only elite schools without a ranked 2013 commit.

Where are my meds?

Peace,

John Fryer

We are doomed.

Top twenty from last year

Baylor - zero
ND - 4,21,33
Stanford- zero
UConn - zero
Maryland - 55
Duke - 26
Tennessee - zero
Kentucky - zero
Penn State - zero
Georgia Tech - zero
Miami - zero
Texas A&M - zero
Green Bay - zero
Delaware - zero
St. Johns - zero
Louisville - 51
GTown - zero
Purdue - zero
Gonzoga - zero
Georgia - zero

Unranked UNC has 3,7,15,17,30.

You're worried? Unbelievable.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
We are doomed.

Top twenty from last year

Baylor - zero
ND - 4,21,33
Stanford- zero
UConn - zero
Maryland - 55
Duke - 26
Tennessee - zero
Kentucky - zero
Penn State - zero
Georgia Tech - zero
Miami - zero
Texas A&M - zero
Green Bay - zero
Delaware - zero
St. Johns - zero
Louisville - 51
GTown - zero
Purdue - zero
Gonzoga - zero
Georgia - zero

Unranked UNC has 3,7,15,17,30.

You're worried? Unbelievable.
One piece of the puzzle this view is missing, however, is who's still on the board for each school as well as what the need is in terms of numbers. So if Maryland has offers out to 10 kids (don't know if they do, btw- I just pulled that number out of the air) and UConn has offers out to three, Maryland still has a lot of opportunities to win some recruiting battles, whereas UConn has less breathing room. The second piece of course is need. If UConn went oh-fer in this class, the Huskies are still favorites to win the NC in 2013-14 because even with only nine kids, the talent level projects to be through the roof. However, an oh-fer could derail what should be another strong push for an NC in 2014-15. There would be only six kids who had payed college ball before. Oh what a six it would be (KML, Kiah, Banks, Breanna, Moriah, Morgan), but that means you have to rely on the 2014 recruiting class not just for depth, but possibly to contribute significantly. And of course small classes mean that, at some point, you have a dearth of upperclass leadership.

In short, UConn really does need kids from this 2013 class, and as per usual, Geno and CD have not cast a very wide net in terms of recruiting (a good thing for the most part). Now, you tell me we end up securing the services of two of three of Harper, Chong and McCall, and I'll gladly take that. But if it's one or fewer, I will worry a bit...even as I enjoy the next few seasons.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
One piece of the puzzle this view is missing, however, is who's still on the board for each school as well as what the need is in terms of numbers. So if Maryland has offers out to 10 kids (don't know if they do, btw- I just pulled that number out of the air) and UConn has offers out to three, Maryland still has a lot of opportunities to win some recruiting battles, whereas UConn has less breathing room. The second piece of course is need. If UConn went oh-fer in this class, the Huskies are still favorites to win the NC in 2013-14 because even with only nine kids, the talent level projects to be through the roof. However, an oh-fer could derail what should be another strong push for an NC in 2014-15. There would be only six kids who had payed college ball before. Oh what a six it would be (KML, Kiah, Banks, Breanna, Moriah, Morgan), but that means you have to rely on the 2014 recruiting class not just for depth, but possibly to contribute significantly. And of course small classes mean that, at some point, you have a dearth of upperclass leadership.

In short, UConn really does need kids from this 2013 class, and as per usual, Geno and CD have not cast a very wide net in terms of recruiting (a good thing for the most part). Now, you tell me we end up securing the services of two of three of Harper, Chong and McCall, and I'll gladly take that. But if it's one or fewer, I will worry a bit...even as I enjoy the next few seasons.
All true.

But you are assuming the only candidates are those we know about.. We have seen UConn find kids under the radar that no one knew about fairly late in the process, and that may happen again, especially with a class as deep as the 2013 class is supposed to be.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me?

It simply amazes that anyone worries about UConn recruiting anymore. Um, they have the #1, #2, and #6 players coming in this year...to go along with 2 great juniors, and 1 great and 1 really good sophomore. Pretty sure they'll be OK even if 2013 isn't a loaded class.

It's an embarrassment that anyone would even be worried about missing out on recruits right now.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
All true.

But you are assuming the only candidates are those we know about.. We have seen UConn find kids under the radar that no one knew about fairly late in the process, and that may happen again, especially with a class as deep as the 2013 class is supposed to be.
correct. and it isn't even so much that it's the kids who are under the radar, but the recruiting that is under the radar. there are still a ton of top 30 kids uncommitted for 2013. but aside from Chong, i'm not sure there's a kid we're after that we are in the driver's seat for. and i've not heard anything concrete on Chong either in that regard - just a feeling since she's from neighboring NY...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Are you kidding me?

It simply amazes that anyone worries about UConn recruiting anymore. Um, they have the #1, #2, and #6 players coming in this year...to go along with 2 great juniors, and 1 great and 1 really good sophomore. Pretty sure they'll be OK even if 2013 isn't a loaded class.

It's an embarrassment that anyone would even be worried about missing out on recruits right now.
really? an embarrassment? that's a little harsh. i'm not as worried as the OP, but i hardly think it's an embarrassment...

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Are you kidding me?

I think we all just like to discuss recruiting...it's fun.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Discussing recruiting can be fun. Obsessing over is the problem.

Obsession is in the eye of the beholder. I prefer to substitute candidly passionate for obsession.

Just sayin…

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Isn't this hand-wringing and fretting about UConn recruiting an annual ritual, sort of like that groundhog in Punxsatawney?
I think we've also been a little spoiled by the past couple of seasons. KML, only the consensus #1 in her class, was an early commit. Tuck was a super early commit, and by this time last year, Breanna and Moriah were in the fold too.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

You post did not bring any clarity to the situation. We don't know what other schools have in their sights and we don't know who else UConn is looking at that we don't know about.

Reaction Score
Obsession is in the eye of the beholder. I prefer to substitute candidly passionate for obsession.

Just sayin…
Rooting for UConn is one thing, but we're talking about 16-, 17-, and 18-year-olds deciding where they want to play their college basketball - you should never be candidly passionate about that.

And besides, anyone who still worries about UConn landing talent needs to relax. They will always get top players so long as Geno is there.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Rooting for UConn is one thing, but we're talking about 16-, 17-, and 18-year-olds deciding where they want to play their college basketball - you should never be candidly passionate about that.

And besides, anyone who still worries about UConn landing talent needs to relax. They will always get top players so long as Geno is there.

I was just having fun with words.

IAC, I encourage posters to post as they see fit.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Too many unknowns Doggy, you're right (again) but should we be worried? That's the question.

Reaction Score
Patience and wisdom. In Geno we trust.
Skunk dog.jpg.jpg

Reaction Score
Even if UConn gets no one this year (which I doubt), we're still looking at a 2014 starting five of
Jefferson (Jr), KML (Sr), Tuck (Jr), Stewart (Jr), Stokes (Sr). [with Banks on bench]

That's not too bad (putting it mildly).

And then 5 frosh learning the system.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Where are my meds?

Peace,

John Fryer

I've got 'em all, and I'm not sharing.

Toss-up question, worth 20 points: is the above statement me, being a wise-ass, or Sylvia Hatchell's new recruiting philosophy? You have 20 seconds....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom