We are beating Auburn | The Boneyard

We are beating Auburn

Reaction Score
8-4 sounds a lot better than 7-5, with an away win against a 10-1 team.

From how we looked last night I think we stand a chance. Will come down to taking care of the ball and if fatigue sets in.

I agree we're getting a W on this one, close game though

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
WDC90668.jpg

Reaction Score
And if they lose? Will you be disappointed? If not, why not? Your expectation is based on something so, if they fail, then it must mean the basis for your expectation was wrong. Right? Or are we saying that every game is a win-win? If they win, it is good. If they lose, it is ok. Is there a scenario you deem not ok? If so, what does that look like?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
And if they lose? Will you be disappointed? If not, why not? Your expectation is based on something so, if they fail, then it must mean the basis for your expectation was wrong. Right? Or are we saying that every game is a win-win? If they win, it is good. If they lose, it is ok. Is there a scenario you deem not ok? If so, what does that look like?

Reaction Score
Jeez take a breath.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This game scares me.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Of course I'll be disappointed if we lose. What kind of question is that? I hate losing.

Expectation is your word though, not mine. The OP was a prediction, based on little more than a gut feeling that we're due, and that it's doable.

Yes, if they win it is good. And, get ready to be indignant, but if they lose it really is okay. For me. For them, I hope not. I am a fan of the wisdom of the serenity prayer, and I can't control the outcome.

A scenario I do not deem okay is not trying, especially on defense. We have bordered too close to that too often for my tastes this season. I was glad to see that that improved last night.

Baby steps.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

What? Whenever they win do you re-examine your expectations?

Reaction Score
Of course I'll be disappointed if we lose. What kind of question is that? I hate losing.

Expectation is your word though, not mine. The OP was a prediction, based on little more than a gut feeling that we're due, and that it's doable.

Yes, if they win it is good. And, get ready to be indignant, but if they lose it really is okay. For me. For them, I hope not. I am a fan of the wisdom of the serenity prayer, and I can't control the outcome.

A scenario I do not deem okay is not trying, especially on defense. We have bordered too close to that too often for my tastes this season. I was glad to see that that improved last night.

Baby steps.
Really good response and the reference to the serenity prayer makes it clear where you are coming from.

I hope things turn around but, you are right, it is out of our control so it has to stay at hope for now. Where it gets messy is if it doesn't turn around. Again, I hope we don't have to go there.

Have a nice Christmas!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Really good response and the reference to the serenity prayer makes it clear where you are coming from.

I hope things turn around but, you are right, it is out of our control so it has to stay at hope for now. Where it gets messy is if it doesn't turn around. Again, I hope we don't have to go there.

Have a nice Christmas!
Speaking of expectations, I did not see that response coming. Fact is, I ignore you, likely because of what your first reply said. To ignore you is in accordance with the courage component of the Serenity Prayer. The wisdom request ever provides solid guidance.
I had to "show ignored content" in order to learn what you'd first written. The replies you received were my clue that something interesting was afoot. If
If I've read you correctly above, then I have to acknowledge that I've seen few instances of such a thoughtful reply. It would similarly mean that your well-wishing is sincere, and I wish the same for you.
To call it a Festivus Miracle would fit for comic timing, but it's deeper than that. The Serenity Prayer is durable and popular for good reason. I love seeing it in this context and seeming to have made a difference. Peace.

Reaction Score
What? Whenever they win do you re-examine your expectations?
Kinda. I do evaluate where I think the program is and where it is going. I try to avoid expectations but they usually sneak in.

I think we all want the same things. We just don't always agree on how to achieve them. And then emotions get in the way and cloud the discussions.

Stay safe on the roads everyone. We are, personally, begining our long trek back to CT in a few...

Reaction Score
What's keeping me hopeful is that with Wiley (6'11 260) and Purifoy (6'7 230) sitting out, Auburn lacks their high-end size.

Who's going to defend Diarra, Carlton and Cobb? Anfernee McLemore (6'7 220, 20.7 mpg), Chuma Okeke (6'8 230, 21.8 mpg), Horace Spencer (6'8 225, 14.7 mpg) and Malik Dunbar (6'6 230, 13.0 mpg) comprises their beef so after competing respectfully against Rustic and Ayton down low, I'd like to see more interior involvement on offense.

KO, could we stick with Carlton, Diarra and Cobb and give Onuorah a breather today?

Reaction Score
It’s a pivotal game to say the least. A win brings much needed confidence heading into Wichita St and conference play. A loss sends us to 7-5 (3-5) since 4-0 start and then Wichita St looming a potential 7-6. Ouch. Hopefully the hungry Huskies show up.

Reaction Score
It’s a pivotal game to say the least. A win brings much needed confidence heading into Wichita St and conference play. A loss sends us to 7-5 (3-5) since 4-0 start and then Wichita St looming a potential 7-6. Ouch. Hopefully the hungry Huskies show up.

Yes this would be a big win for so many reasons, most of which you laid out. The Shockers had a rough one with Gulf Coast last night and Shamet had a great game to bail them out. FCGU isn't bad mind you but proves they can be had, and that was at their place. If we can get to 8-4 and get a crowd at the HCC maybe we can have some fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom