We are beating Auburn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We are beating Auburn

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rome is burning and we are joking around. Do you think Herbst and the AD are talking today?

You have to keep sane man.

The posters here aren't the problem.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's what astounds me. He had in-bounds plays and plays out of timeouts. Now, nothing.

And the defense, well, I have no words. Simply unacceptable.

We let sentiment get in the way of common sense and hired a guy with no head coaching experience and only a few years on Calhoun’s bench as an assistant. In 2014 He had Hobbs and Miller on the bench, and JC stayed involved. It was a mistake to hire him, and we compounded it with the extension.

Reaction Score
We let sentiment get in the way of common sense and hired a guy with no head coaching experience and only a few years on Calhoun’s bench as an assistant. In 2014 He had Hobbs and Miller on the bench, and JC stayed involved. It was a mistake to hire him, and we compounded it with the extension.
Right, he loses the two guys with experience on the bench and replaces them with two younger yes men. By all accounts, he’s stubborn about taking advice, which is why the JC relationship probably went south. He has one of the greatest coaches of all time at his beck and call and decides to distance himself from him and anyone associated with JC. This program has become a complete embarrassment.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Right, he loses the two guys with experience on the bench and replaces them with two younger yes men. By all accounts, he’s stubborn about taking advice, which is why the JC relationship probably went south. He has one of the greatest coaches of all time at his beck and call and decides to distance himself from him and anyone associated with JC. This program has become a complete embarrassment.

If you really wanted the program to remain elite long-term, you would want whoever's running it to be prepared for when JC is no longer around.

Reaction Score
If I were making an argument to keep Ollie the only one I would make is that he brought in his new recruiter too late to make a difference so he needs a full cycle. But that is a huge stretch. My guess is he finishes out the year then either gets fired or they work out a deal and name him associate ad for community relations. In either case he isn’t on the bench next year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Ollie waited for 16-0, run to call a time out. Why not do that at 8-0, or 10-0? Did he purposefully want the game to be out of reach before he used his timeouts?
He wanted to make sure the refs were calling fouls the way it looked. And then think about how to adjust.

Reaction Score
He wanted to make sure the refs were calling fouls the way it looked. And then think about how to adjust.
Exactly. How do you let the other team rattle off 16 straight before calling a timeout?! Sometimes i think he's trying to get fired.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Mark it down.
Lmao.

You guys never seem to learn. Just keep biting the big piece of cheese with the big red light, and it inexplicably shocks you each time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lmao.

You guys never seem to learn. Just keep biting the big piece of cheese with the big red light, and it inexplicably shocks you each time.
Never seem to learn what? How to be a miserable sob like you? Thanks no thanks. I’ll keep rooting for my team. Why don’t you stick to yours BU? Lots of great history there.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Never seem to learn what? How to be a miserable sob like you? Thanks no thanks. I’ll keep rooting for my team. Why don’t you stick to yours BU? Lots of great history there.
Lmao.

Next week: "We WILL beat Wichita State and go undefeated the rest of the way to the Big Dance"

10 minutes later Ollie is looking clueless down 22-3 with all his time outs left.

You are a clown.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lmao.

Next week: "We WILL beat Wichita State and go undefeated the rest of the way to the Big Dance"

10 minutes later Ollie is looking clueless down 22-3 with all his time outs left.

You are a clown.
I’m sorry that your life is so devoid of things that matter that you are this angry at a fan for rooting for his team. I had a feeling we might win this game. I was wrong.

Good on you for wallowing in misery though. Must be fun for you and everyone around you.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I’m sorry that your life is so devoid of things that matter that you are this angry at a fan for rooting for his team. I had a feeling we might win this game. I was wrong.

Good on you for wallowing in misery though. Must be fun for you and everyone around you.
Ahhh the wallow is misery reply. Clearly my 3 posts here per month these days are me just wallowing in misery, and not a single message in a game thread after a 25 point blow out to a football school in Alabama.

I really only come here before games to see the delusion that is still trickling around here. You are one of the few left still playing that old act. Sooner you realize what's gonna happen at the end of this coming season the sooner we can clean up the discussion on the message board to something resembling reality.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Sooner you realize what's gonna happen at the end of this coming season the sooner we can clean up the discussion on the message board to something resembling reality.

You're not cleaning anything up, bucko.

Reaction Score
Ahhh the wallow is misery reply. Clearly my 3 posts here per month these days are me just wallowing in misery, and not a single message in a game thread after a 25 point blow out to a football school in Alabama.

I really only come here before games to see the delusion that is still trickling around here. You are one of the few left still playing that old act. Sooner you realize what's gonna happen at the end of this coming season the sooner we can clean up the discussion on the message board to something resembling reality.
You're not going to respond so I don't know why I bother, but what do you suggest? Everyone come on here and post about how we're going to get blown out every game? What does that achieve?

I'll get excited before every UConn game whether KO is coaching the team or someone new is. Nobody here controls whether KO remains the coach or not, and choosing to root for the team to win has zero effect on the program. Zero.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ahhh the wallow is misery reply. Clearly my 3 posts here per month these days are me just wallowing in misery.

Well it’s nice to see you’ve reached your quota for the next few months then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom