We are a bubble team. | The Boneyard

We are a bubble team.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We are now 4-5 in the Big East. I would not be shocked if this team finishes 9-11 in the league.

I now struggle to see us beating Providence, Marquette, or Xavier at home, and I think Creighton away is going to be tough. St. John's on the road will be an issue as they smoked us. Also wouldn't be shocked at this point if Seton Hall sweeps us or we drop one to DePaul.

We looked good in this game for about 10 minutes and then fell apart. I'm not sure what's happening, but Butler is a massive game on Sunday because it is followed by Xavier and then a week break. Need to get momentum going.

Reaction Score
A new must coming next 4 games.

Butler, Xavier, DePaul and Georgetown and they NEED to go 3-1, must. Although watching DePaul tonight and lately by no means do I think we will beat them twice now. No matter, this has to happen. And it only gets us to 7-6 even if it does!

Reaction Score
This team isn’t beating anyone playing like this. I can’t see a game the rest of the year that I feel confident they would win playing like they are right now.

Reaction Score
They are playing like a bottom dweller big east team and I dont think we have enough good players to change that
I can't say I disagree but if the season ended today they would be a 4 seed.

Reaction Score
Please stop with the hot takes.
Pretty sure he means at the end of the regular season. We would be a bubble team they way we are playing. He’s not far off. If we end up 9-11 in conference. That’s 20-11 and most likely a 12 seed.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not a bubble team now
But what makes anyone think that they will be anywhere above a 7 seed?

Reaction Score
I look forward to revisiting this Saturday. And numerous times between now and the end of the season.

Man some of you all...........
I'm normally optimistic, but this is what I thought before the SJU game, and then tonight's SHU game.

Fool me twice.....

Reaction Score
We are now 4-5 in the Big East. I would not be shocked if this team finishes 9-11 in the league.

I now struggle to see us beating Providence, Marquette, or Xavier at home, and I think Creighton away is going to be tough. St. John's on the road will be an issue as they smoked us. Also wouldn't be shocked at this point if Seton Hall sweeps us or we drop one to DePaul.

We looked good in this game for about 10 minutes and then fell apart. I'm not sure what's happening, but Butler is a massive game on Sunday because it is followed by Xavier and then a week break. Need to get momentum going.
When we were 14-0 you said we could beat an NBA D league team. Think that thread was the kiss of death.

Reaction Score
We were up double digits at halftime
That's what makes it even more depressing, those leads disappear after every single halftime. Our starting center goes to the bench in the first half and we seem to always go on a run with our backup center in and then it's the same lineup every second half and the lead evaporates. You would think maybe they would go with the more effective lineup but no.

Reaction Score
I think our best case scenario at this point is being the 5 seed "nobody wants to see" on their side of the bracket

Let's hope we can get back to playing at a high level and perhaps be better than our NCAAT line

Reaction Score

So does that mean a G league or Euro team would be like 10 seed in the NCAAT?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We’re 100% a bubble team.

We’ve lost five of six and got our doors blown off at home by St. John’s. No good wins on the road, double-digit losses stacking up….these are bad things.

Given that we can’t add a point guard or Jim Calhoun mid-season to fix some on court and off court deficiencies, we’re probably looking at something like a 9-11/10-10/11-9 conference record in a conference that isn’t that well-regarded this year.

7-E165-A0-B-67-BD-45-B6-9-D15-918-A9686-E526.jpg

Reaction Score
They’re saying, “Hey, we’re losing all our goddam money and Christmas is just around the corner, and I ain’t gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung- grip . . .”

They’re panicking out there right now, Mortimer! I can feel it! They’re panicking!

- Billy Ray Valentine, Capricorn

Reaction Score
@ St Johns has the opportunity to be a home game for us at MSG. I was there last year and there were very audible pro-UConn chants. I expect that game to go a lot better for us than it did at XL. Especially if we have a bunch of pissed off fans in attendance (I'm upset I can't make it :()

Around 20 wins would put us on the bubble. Maybe even a few less considering our OOC resume

Which means we'd need to be around 5-6 the rest of the way to be on the bubble
  • I'd like to think vs. Butler and @ GTown are free wins
  • 1-1 vs. DePaul would be very disappointing. Should be 2-0 but they just knocked off Xavier and we got blown out by St Johns so take it however you'd like
  • Then we'd need to win 1-2 of vs. Providence, vs. Xavier, vs. Marquette, vs. Seton Hall, @ Creighton @ SJU, @ Nova
  • That doesn't include the BET
If we play like we did vs. SJU and the 2nd half against Seton Hall, then this could be a struggle. If we resemble even a slightly below average basketball team, we are very safe. We gave ourselves a BIG buffer with our OOC dominance

Gotta turn it around ASAP though

Reaction Score
We’re 100% a bubble team.

We’ve lost five of six and got our doors blown off at home by St. John’s. No good wins on the road, double-digit losses stacking up….these are bad things.

Given that we can’t add a point guard or Jim Calhoun mid-season to fix some on court and off court deficiencies, we’re probably looking at something like a 9-11/10-10/11-9 conference record in a conference that isn’t that well-regarded this year.

7-E165-A0-B-67-BD-45-B6-9-D15-918-A9686-E526.jpg
How is the BE not well regarded this year???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom