We are a bubble team. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We are a bubble team.

Reaction Score
We’re 100% a bubble team.

We’ve lost five of six and got our doors blown off at home by St. John’s. No good wins on the road, double-digit losses stacking up….these are bad things.

Given that we can’t add a point guard or Jim Calhoun mid-season to fix some on court and off court deficiencies, we’re probably looking at something like a 9-11/10-10/11-9 conference record in a conference that isn’t that well-regarded this year.

7-E165-A0-B-67-BD-45-B6-9-D15-918-A9686-E526.jpg
Get real. We are #7 net ranking and #6 on Kenpom.
they do have to start playing better to get a better seed.

Reaction Score
We went from # 2 in the country and in everybody’s talk of bring a strong NC contender to # 6 in the BE in a blink of an eye. We will be fortunate to end up top 5 in conference. That being said the computers still love us. We are not a bubble team - yet.

Reaction Score
We went from # 2 in the country and in everybody’s talk of bring a strong NC contender to # 6 in the BE in a blink of an eye. We will be fortunate to end up top 5 in conference. That being said the computers still love us. We are not a bubble team - yet.

Fortunate to be BE top 5? A life premature. There are still a lot of games left to be played.

Reaction Score
Totally agree…..a bubble team with still a top 10
Net ranking…..not acknowledging our quad 1 wins and not considering we likely have the most favorable schedule the rest of the way with our toughest 2 games remaining at home…..and having played the top team twice already. Just that we are number 6th in the Big East and we are a bubble team…..LMFAO too at another crazy negative post

Reaction Score
We're a bubble team, LMFAO

only in the eyes of posters that start one negative thread after another

It's nap time

See I don't think we are a bubble team for now. But if we're not watching the trend then I guess you can be confident they won't be. But if they don't win both DePaul and GTown, you better start getting concerned!

Reaction Score
1. Fix the problems
2. Win games
3. Rankings and bubble problem solved
4.UConn fans less crabby

Orc

Reaction Score
We’ll make the tourney but I think we lose in the first round to a lower seeded team. Team wilts under pressure too many times

Reaction Score
We are now 4-5 in the Big East. I would not be shocked if this team finishes 9-11 in the league.

I now struggle to see us beating Providence, Marquette, or Xavier at home, and I think Creighton away is going to be tough. St. John's on the road will be an issue as they smoked us. Also wouldn't be shocked at this point if Seton Hall sweeps us or we drop one to DePaul.

We looked good in this game for about 10 minutes and then fell apart. I'm not sure what's happening, but Butler is a massive game on Sunday because it is followed by Xavier and then a week break. Need to get momentum going.
Find something better to so with yourself

Reaction Score
We have two trending problems. I thought our lack of a point guard was a huge issue going into the season. With the recent play of Newton and Jackson at times we can get by there. Joe C has evaporated which has put pressure on everyone else. We had a microwave scorer up till Georgetown but that is gone. The biggest problem is not being strong enough at the 4. Karaban has been logging the most minutes on the team and makes a number of plays but we are not getting the production the top of the Big East is at that position. Coby Jones could not be stopped on Wednesday night. Ighodaro and Joplin on Marquette, Ndefo on Seton hall, Hopkins on Providence. We lack strong forwards that can get points inside the 3 point line. Hopefully Samson can get up to speed and help out here. Hurley brought in 4 guards and we are only getting scoring from Tristen. We needed another 3 or 4 but no dice and we are paying for it.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
See I don't think we are a bubble team for now. But if we're not watching the trend then I guess you can be confident they won't be. But if they don't win both DePaul and GTown, you better start getting concerned!

At this point in time, we're not a bubble, not even remotely a bubble team, we're a 4 to 6 seed.

If we win, we'll stay there. If we lose, yes our status will change

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom