We’re in an awful place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lol!

That one will leave a mark.

I hope it does. While it's nothing new from him, telling an EMT they don't know what it means to hold a job that has consequences is a terrible thing to say.

Reaction Score
Just a wild question - Did you ever work in a place where results had consequences? Like getting fired if you did not achieve them?
By your posts it seems like you haven’t. Nothing wrong with that - just trying to better understand your perspective.

Consequences? In parts of my career - failure meant people dying or have untoward outcomes. Getting fired was the least of my worries. In other parts of my career I had P&L responsibility for a large international healthcare organization - I get accountablity and outcomes of failure to meet targets.

Your histrionic avoidance to answer a simple question regarding a comment you made speaks volume because the correct answers doesn’t help your narrative.

My current perspective is that trying to have an intelligent debate with you is useless and you have become nothing more than a novelty poster @ best.

C

Chief00

Consequences? In parts of my career - failure meant people dying or have untoward outcomes. Getting fired was the least of my worries. In other parts of my career I had P&L responsibility for a large international healthcare organization - I get accountablity and outcomes of failure to meet targets.

Your histrionic avoidance to answer a simple question regarding a comment you made speaks volume because the correct answers doesn’t help your narrative.

My current perspective is that trying to have an intelligent debate with you is useless and you have become nothing more than a novelty poster @ best.
Why then do you not hold Randy to a standard you were held to?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

So... at this point in time in UConn Football history, you expect/believe a kid w/ a Clemson offer, or a Penn State offer, or a ND offer or a Michigan offer to select UConn over them?

Reaction Score
Asked of me by you and answered in another thread (unlike you I may add.)
So in what year is it fair to hold Randy accountable for results?
Not really sure what that has to do w/ the question posed above by OP but if you're trolling for arguments because your bored - for me personally, it's after next year at a minimum (edit add - he's accountable now but that's not where you are trying to head w/ the question).

Chief Clown.JPG

Apologize to others for my lack of self control and prolonging the idiocy. My bad.

Reaction Score
Just a wild question - Did you ever work in a place where results had consequences? Like getting fired if you did not achieve them?
By your posts it seems like you haven’t. Nothing wrong with that - just trying to better understand your perspective.
What does that have to do with the question Medic posed to you? And he clearly pointed out that you made reference to losing CT kids that happened to commit to Clemson and PSU. So again, the question that has been asked of you is do you think that RE or any other coach could lure a local kid away from a Clemson or PSU and get them to commit to UConn?

Reaction Score
BC..."The mean SAT for accepted students was 1448. The mean ACT score this year was 33, one point higher than last year."

UConn..."For students applying to the class of 2021, the average GPA of admitted applicants was 3.67, the average ACT score was 28, and the average SAT score was 1300.

and, because I had to remind myself:

"Mean (or arithmetic mean) is a type of average. It is computed by adding the values and dividing by the number of values. Average is a synonym for arithmetic mean - which is the value obtained by dividing the sum of a set of quantities by the number of quantities in the set. ... The average or mean is 4."
A strong hockey program works wonders for schools.

Am a Fairfield Prep grad. Look up the school. We play the best hockey teams around here. There is a correlation between affluence and interest in hockey.

Reaction Score
A strong hockey program works wonders for schools.

Am a Fairfield Prep grad. Look up the school. We play the best hockey teams around here. There is a correlation between affluence and interest in hockey.

Probably the same correlation for Lacrosse and Soccer.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Another train wreck thread to match our team.

If Randy is doing "a good job", I'd like to see what a "bad job" looks like. I am not suggesting he be fired, merely that he is getting an overly generous pass based on (1) previous success here and (2) not being Diaco.

As I ponder certain realities, I am forced to admit that Paul Pasqualoni was not as bad as we all thought. Diaco got to a bowl with his recruits. Edsall is overly stubborn, and approached this second time in Storrs with more of a scorched earth attitude than was needed. Winning helps recruiting. I think Randy is making this rebuild longer than it needed to be. Focus needs to be on trying to win a couple of games, to move us just above laughing stock territory, because we are clearly there now.

C

Chief00

Another train wreck thread to match our team.

If Randy is doing "a good job", I'd like to see what a "bad job" looks like. I am not suggesting he be fired, merely that he is getting an overly generous pass based on (1) previous success here and (2) not being Diaco.

As I ponder certain realities, I am forced to admit that Paul Pasqualoni was not as bad as we all thought. Diaco got to a bowl with his recruits. Edsall is overly stubborn, and approached this second time in Storrs with more of a scorched earth attitude than was needed. Winning helps recruiting. I think Randy is making this rebuild longer than it needed to be. Focus needs to be on trying to win a couple of games, to move us just above laughing stock territory, because we are clearly there now.
I agree.
@huskymedic, I don’t know when and it will be way longer than it should be, but It’s theoretically possible, at some point, you are going to run out of excuses.
True, we may have lost a couple kids to top schools if we were ever in the running ? (which I doubt) but you refuse to acknowledge we are at the bottom of the AAC when it comes to recruiting.
I recognize you make excuses for the worse defense in the country. Now you are making excuses for the worse recruiting in our conference.
What’s next?
My earlier point, which may have started all this and perhaps wasn’t as clear as it should have been, was that Randy can’t say how bad CT HS football is but then there are very good CT HS players that get picked up by big time programs. You can’t have it both ways. I am not saying, in general, that UConn should compete against these big name schools but that there are good players in CT and we need to do a better job on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I agree.
@huskymedic, I don’t know when and it will be way longer than it should be, but It’s theoretically possible, at some point, you are going to run out of excuses.
True, we may have lost a couple kids to top schools if we were ever in the running ? (which I doubt) but you refuse to acknowledge we are at the bottom of the AAC when it comes to recruiting.
I recognize you make excuses for the worse defense in the country. Now you are making excuses for the worse recruiting in our conference.
What’s next?
My earlier point, which may have started all this and perhaps wasn’t as clear as it should have been, was that Randy can’t say how bad CT HS football is but then there are very good CT HS players that get picked up by big time programs. You can’t have it both ways. I am not saying, in general, that UConn should compete against these big name schools but that there are good players in CT and we need to do a better job on them.

Excuses?? If not readily agreeing w/ your point of view or me challenging your various comments on UConn football (or anything else) is “making excuses” - guilty as charged - today and everyday.

I am acutely aware of where UConn ranks in recruiting in the conference and nationally. There is no lack of awareness on my behalf - I kinda follow UConn recruiting on a daily basis if you aren’t aware.

I don’t remember Edsall 2.0 specifically saying CT HS Football was bad - he recently questioned the time and effort coaches overall (not just CT) have to spend teaching technique and fundamentals to kids nowadays. They have been actively recruiting CT kids and until they can keep the high end talent home they will always be subject to criticism. They (Edsall and others) have had some wins in keeping Top 10 kids in State some years and other years too many leak out. UConn has spent quite a bit of time building/rebuilding relationships w/ the Preps in CT. To specifically point out that losing kids to Clemson, Michigan, ND, Penn State by Edsall/staff seems hyper-critical @ this point in time.

I believe that we are a G5 “safety school” for a lot of the kids we offer (the commit list of the kids we have offered and lost tends to prove that out).

Reaction Score
I don’t think Edsall is in any peril. I heard AD Dave recently and it sure sounds like he and Edsall have an und rstanding and are taking a long view. Among the things he said:
1. Takes time to build a culture
2. He isn’t frustrated because this isn’t unexpected
3. 2018 was really Exsalls first recruiting class. It takes more than a month to put together a class and the 2017 class was not really what Edsall wanted. More what he could get. He did make a point to say there were some good players just not the right mix.
4. He used Army as an example. Monken was 4-8, 2-10 then 8-5 10-3 and is 4-2 this year. After the 2-10 season many folks were saying “here we go again.”

I’m not as concerned about recruiting as some. I understand the concept of what Edsall did in his first stint and what he is doing now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
HCRE is not going anywhere.
Yes he tore it down and is rebuilding the only way he knows how. We have to be patient even though this sucks. He has at least two more years but needs to improve starting next year and then the year after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom