WC Qualifiers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

WC Qualifiers

Reaction Score
He has scored zero goals with the most minutes. Hold up is overrated and not our game these days.
What is our game then? Seems like we have had 1 shot on goal against Honduras...we have zero identity

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Why even bother with stoppage time? There should have been 5 min minimum for the goalie injury to start plus at least 2 more for the red cars.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
What is our game then? Seems like we have had 1 shot on goal against Honduras...we have zero identity

Arena put out a lousy lineup. Criminal for a critical match.

Our game is for Wood/Morris to stretch the backline and either play early balls to them or hit Pulisic/Dempsey in the space they leave. Also get the ball to the corner of the 18 and interplay with the wing, overlapping run and Pulisic or Wood with Dempsey on the spot or Bradley arriving late.

Jozy really has no function with the other players we play. He is a ball sink and a turnover machine.

The play today was garbage but doesn't change the strategy.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
And we need to talk about how bad the centerbacks played this week. We may be forced to play 3 in the back just so they don't get shredded.

If Brooks isn't an option we are not nearly as deep as I thought we were.

Gonzo needs to be put out to pasture. Beasley too. I love the guy, but he is done.

Reaction Score
We're not deep. Our best 11 is serviceable and can maybe scratch out a win against a top 8-15 team, but if you peel back even one starter, especially on the backline, we're toast

Reaction Score
Well, no. However, it sure might help Altidore if he was actually capable of controlling a ball
Yeah it would help all of our strikers if that was the case. Although Wood did score this game, last game his touch was incredibly bad, ended countless chances for us. Jozy has shown recently, although in a scoring drought, that he has vision to get players in behind. Morris doesn't have that ability at this point.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Wood Dempsey
Pulisic

Johnson/Nagbe Bradley Yedlin/x/

3 or 4 guys at the back. All spots are wide open

Howard is still better than Guzan but both had a rough week.

Reaction Score
Wood Dempsey
Pulisic

Johnson/Nagbe Bradley Yedlin/x/

3 or 4 guys at the back. All spots are wide open

Howard is still better than Guzan but both had a rough week.
Need Yedlin as RB, thats what he plays at club level, and he played it very well last season. Plus, anything to get Zusi out of there.

Reaction Score
Beat Panama at home. Beat Trinidad away. US clinches third. If you can't do that you're better off missing out on Russia.

Reaction Score
And we need to talk about how bad the centerbacks played this week. We may be forced to play 3 in the back just so they don't get shredded.

If Brooks isn't an option we are not nearly as deep as I thought we were.

Gonzo needs to be put out to pasture. Beasley too. I love the guy, but he is done.

Here is what is scary. The guys shredding our center backs are all MLS players. What happens when we actually face talented players?

Reaction Score
Jozy has shown recently, although in a scoring drought, that he has vision to get players in behind.
You must watch a different brand of Jozy Altidore. Far more blown opportunities per minute played than all cited alternatives.

Reaction Score
Watching Jozy handle a soccer ball is like watching my 11 month old try to stand up.

Reaction Score
Watching Jozy handle a soccer ball is like watching my 11 month old try to stand up.
Sure, but your child's likely becoming steadier on his/her feet by the day and has upside potential.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
False.

Starting two center backs who have never played together. Starting Nagbe centrally. Need I go on.
Yea, why don't you try to come up with something pertinent?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When Jurgen was the coach it was the coach's fault. Now that Arena is in charge it's the player's fault.
Not according to Arena. He actually took the blame for Costa Rica. Don't remember Klinsmann ever doing that.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Even with this poor showing (1 pt from 2 games) USA is still pretty likely to make it to the WC. 2 games remain, home against Panama then away to T&T, who will probably be completely eliminated by then. Can't get much better final 2 games than that.

Honduras has to play @ Costa Rica and vs Mexico. They really needed a win yesterday. Getting one pt from them was big.

Panama plays @ USA and vs Costa Rica.

It's pretty much in our hands. Win 2 games and we really don't have to rely on anyone else. Outlier would be Honduras beating Costa Rica and Mexico by a combined 10 goals. And that would still get us 4th and a playoff.

Reaction Score
Even with this poor showing (1 pt from 2 games) USA is still pretty likely to make it to the WC. 2 games remain, home against Panama then away to T&T, who will probably be completely eliminated by then. Can't get much better final 2 games than that.

Honduras has to play @ Costa Rica and vs Mexico. They really needed a win yesterday. Getting one pt from them was big.

Panama plays @ USA and vs Costa Rica.

It's pretty much in our hands. Win 2 games and we really don't have to rely on anyone else. Outlier would be Honduras beating Costa Rica and Mexico by a combined 10 goals. And that would still get us 4th and a playoff.
Agree that we still control our own destiny, but in the grand scheme of things, we should never be content with a draw vs. Honduras.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom