Way way OT: ct toyota dealerships you like? | The Boneyard

Way way OT: ct toyota dealerships you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So my future includes a minivan (twins in m future) in the next 4 to 6 months. Does anyone have a dealership they like? I live in Avon, but distance is not a big deal.

what type of fees or taxes do you pay if you buy out of state?

Thanks guys

Reaction Score
So my future includes a minivan (twins in m future) in the next 4 to 6 months. Does anyone have a dealership they like? I live in Avon, but distance is not a big deal.

Thanks guys
I know a few people that have bought from Hoffman... not much feedback. Honda, Toyota... can't miss (usually).

Reaction Score
Perhaps it is a good time to test drive the minivan.
I've seen and read that the Honda Odyssey has a hard time going up a hill in snow.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I bought a certified used 2008 4Runner in 2011 from Toyota of Wallingford. 1.9% financing and free oil changes for however long I own the car (i.e. not a transferable benefit).

FYI - My friend in MA bought a Highlander when he found out his wife was having twins. You don't necessarily need a minivan.

Another friend bought the Honda Pilot not long before I bought my 4Runner.

Reaction Score
FYI - My friend in MA bought a Highlander when he found out his wife was having twins. You don't necessarily need a minivan.
Agreed. I have 2 kids and do well with an MDX. Then again, the miles per gallon on a minivan is higher ...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I loved my Grand Voyager back in the day. The new ones (Grand Caravan) are functional with the stow and go seating. Just checked they are very affordable. Go with the Town and Country if you want to go more upscale. Either way it is a refrigerator box with wheels though.

Linky

Reaction Score
If you have your heart set on a Sienna, check out Hoffman, Simsbury. They have a few certified used 2011 models. The LE with 22K for $22,800.00 is reasonable. Probably could get them down some and you get a real nice van almost new, with peace of mind and 1.9% financing. I am not big on black although I just bought my wife a certified 2011 black Toyota Camry that didn't have a scratch or speck of dirt in the interior. Heck with the color, just like new. I was glad I took the time to by used in order to get the car my wife really wanted at a good price. With twins on the way, may be a good option.

Reaction Score
Perhaps it is a good time to test drive the minivan.
I've seen and read that the Honda Odyssey has a hard time going up a hill in snow.
Toyota has AWD available if that matters.

Reaction Score
I loved my Grand Voyager back in the day. The new ones (Grand Caravan) are functional with the stow and go seating. Just checked they are very affordable. Go with the Town and Country if you want to go more upscale. Either way it is a refrigerator box with wheels though.

Linky
Had the Grand Caravan... 1996-2010. Loved it. Looking to get another van after we pay off/get rid of the SUV. Just not cargo friendly like that van. Have to put the back seat down to put my golf clubs in. Won't fit anyway I try otherwise. Even my little commuter car is better for storage.

Reaction Score
We are looking at the theSienna awd. With my daughter and twins coming. Space is tight in an suv with the new car seat laws. It is not the infant seats it is th next stage where in most suv you can not get to the 3rd row

Reaction Score

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I have a 2011 venza, have been patiently waiting for the 2014 highlander. Just had kid #2 and we cart my parents around from time to time, so 6 seats was on the agenda (seats 7/8). I have not pulled the trigger yet. I live in the boston area, so not much help on dealerships. One thing I will say - you can basically search dealer inventory online, find the dealer with the car you want and then request an online quote from that toyota dealer. Prices are fairly transparent, a little homework will ensure that you get a great deal.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If your wife will be doing the majority of driving the vehicle go with a Subaru
I've owned 3- all had more than 225000 miles when I sold, traded or gave to kids - only major repair on any was a head gasket
They are great in the snow but best of all-rated extremely high in accident safety

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Thanks guys

1) Get a Corvette and a girlfriend.

2) You're not getting out of paying sales tax, so forget it.

3) A minivan is a minivan is a minivan. It'll take you no more than a Saturday afternoon to drive 'em all. Do that - your wife will tell you which one she likes and then you will buy that one.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

You got to think outside the box 99......I'm thinking Ducati!

Extra room for 1 more guest and the family pet. I'm not going to even need to sell you on the storage capacity. Might be rough on the winter months......but the same thing could be said about convertibles. PLUS........think of the gas mileage!

Reaction Score
We are looking at the theSienna awd. With my daughter and twins coming. Space is tight in an suv with the new car seat laws. It is not the infant seats it is th next stage where in most suv you can not get to the 3rd row

Mazda CX9 extra seat - GREAT vehicle!

Reaction Score

Thanks guys

Reaction Score
If you are looking at the Sienna AWD check out the tire situation. The last I knew the AWD did not have a spare tire and ran runflats. I was lucky if I got 20,000 miles on a set. And the braking was horrible. You are very limited in tire choices since most run flats are not made for vehicles that are that heavy. I traded the Sienna for a Mazda CX-9 which we love.

Reaction Score
Love Toyota of Wallingford. Fair prices, great service. Got free oil changes & tires for life of truck as part of their dealership promotion.

Reaction Score
My father bought his 4runner at Avon Toyota in 2003, his service guy left and went to Hartford Toyota and he's followed him there for service and 205,000 miles later he's still bringing that same truck to that guy in Hartford. My father is not easy to please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom