Way too soon preseason polls | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Way too soon preseason polls

Reaction Score
Egbo had high percentages but didnt produce well against quality bigs, similar to ONO at UCONN. Cox was far better in all areas IMO aside from maybe running the floor.

cox shot 47% for the season, Egbo shot 60%.

Reaction Score
There's no harm in speculating on a list of rankings for a season that won't begin for 8 months.
1. It's gives us something to debate and think about. We need the diversion.
2. If things don't improve enough to resume college athletics in the fall, there's no harm done. Who would be offended/disrespected by us debating a list of this nature?
3. I've commented recently that I would not engage or comment in any speculation regarding next year's team or players (starting lineup, etc.) as long as UConn still had games to play this season. The season is officially over. Let's hope and pray that things improve quickly for everyone in the USA and the world, and life as we know it returns to normal soon. Let's move on. :)
Agree that a gd basketball distraction is needed. Would like to hear everyone's take on starters next season. I like paige in the starting line up, think she too valuable to b on bench. I think, even as a freshman she will take to Geno's system and b a major contributor. I think the 2 spot is the toss up.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
But Cox takes a larger variety of shots while Egbo's are only at the basket. Cox is the focus of all degenses. Can't really compare them.

That, and Cox is a proven producer against better competition where Egbo struggled against SC and was a non factor vs. UCONN. Egbo is going to be very good but she's not Lauren Cox.

Reaction Score
But Cox takes a larger variety of shots while Egbo's are only at the basket. Cox is the focus of all degenses. Can't really compare them.

Cox is Baylor's third leading scorer and she took 6 three all season.

47% is a poor percentage for a post. Even If she's sitting back taking long 2s, that's inefficient in and of itself.

Reaction Score
Cox is Baylor's third leading scorer and she took 6 three all season.

47% is a poor percentage for a post. Even If she's sitting back taking long 2s, that's inefficient in and of itself.

My only point is that Baylor is unlikely to take a major step backwards solely because they lose Cox. Egbo should be a pretty good replacement by any measure for this year's version of (injury slowed?) Cox.

Maybe losing several starters will do it, but I would imagine that Baylor will be right back in the top 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom