Way Too Early Top 25 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Way Too Early Top 25

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I totally get your point. But Stanford won 2 FF games by a combined 2 points. That, to me, doesn't put them heads and shoulders above anyone. I think they got lucky against SC and they would've lost to a lot of teams last night with that performance, but they just knew Arizona like the back of their hand.

I just think that UCONN and SC have much more elite talent that will develop over the course of the next year.
Agree with your point--I think SC and UCONN will be right there with them. Should be a competitive season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have NC State ahead of Louisville but not by a lot. It seems like Louisville has a loaded roster but I wouldn't be surprised Louisville add another impact transfer. Maybe the young lady from Alabama.

Well they just lost Balgoun.... Dixon is probably next in line to leave.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well they just lost Balgoun.... Dixon is probably next in line to leave.
The announcements are just getting started. Raoul currently lists 779 D1 WBB transfers, a number greater than anything I can ever remember, and that doesn’t include Balogun or Dixon. I just noticed that Jordyn Oliver will transfer from Baylor. With Richards & Carrington declaring for the pros and Ursin presumably moving on, Kim will need to cobble together a whole new backcourt.

Reaction Score
No surprise at all the Iowa is Top 10. They have everyone back, and just as Paige will get better, Clark will also improve. If they have a good post player coming in to supplement some lack of height, then they're easily top 10, even though they weren't ranked during this season.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Is there a reason Williams would stay at STanford? She won her championship, and would think her WNBA draft potential is better this year than next.

Reaction Score
Why would Williams and Wilson comeback? They went out on top. They won’t be able to do again since we’re going undefeated next season.

Even without them, Stanford is loaded. I would have them as the team to beat next year. Just loaded!

Reaction Score
I watched the player introductions last night and I seem to recall that AZ started three seniors. That could also be a reason why they were not in the "way too early" Top 25. It wasn't just losing McDonald.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Even without them, Stanford is loaded. I would have them as the team to beat next year. Just loaded!
Their frontcourt is certainly loaded. But it sure does help to have a couple experienced guards to run the offense. Williams and Wilson were the only 2 players to start every game for the Cardinal and they were among the leaders in mpg.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Its gonna be interesting next year. UConn Stanford SC all have alot of talent and alot will depend on team chemistry and how fast all that talent is developed. I hope UConn watched the AZ defense and can get better. AZs made plays on defense I never saw. It was that good and they didnt have the talent some of the other teams had. Awesome defense without fouling.

Reaction Score
Yes. And the other UConn tormentor of this season, Arkansas, is also omitted.
I thought that Iowa was ranked too high given its reliance on one player.
But it's all just chit chat at the moment.
Iowa has more than one player. Czinano is pretty good in her own right.

Reaction Score
OK, putting on my kevlar. I understand that this is most probably a minority opinion. There are lots of good arguments as to who will be the best team next year. I am a huge UCONN fan (maybe right behind TonyC). But, Stanford is the king of the hill until some other team proves otherwise. That is the way it should be. I recognize that this might only last a few weeks into next season, but until then it is what it is.

Reaction Score
OK, putting on my kevlar. I understand that this is most probably a minority opinion. There are lots of good arguments as to who will be the best team next year. I am a huge UCONN fan (maybe right behind TonyC). But, Stanford is the king of the hill until some other team proves otherwise. That is the way it should be. I recognize that this might only last a few weeks into next season, but until then it is what it is.
Agreed ... if Williams & Wilson return.

Reaction Score
Yes. And the other UConn tormentor of this season, Arkansas, is also omitted.
I thought that Iowa was ranked too high given its reliance on one player.
But it's all just chit chat at the moment.

I'd agree with the omission of Arkansas after they lost Dungee and Slocum. They had a high ceiling, but also lost some games that they should have won easily.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
INDIANA - Patberg, who began her career with two seasons at Notre Dame, will be entering her seventh year in college next fall.

What? Seventh year?
I assume she’s working on her doctoral dissertation at this point.....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Or teaching. Dear Lord., not even sure how this is possible.
Somewhere she sat out a year due to injury. She sat out a year when she transferred from ND to IN. According to the NCAA, this year doesn’t count. Add it all up and she will be a 7th year player.

Reaction Score
No other Big East team other than UConn. I believe our non conference games should be strong enough to make up for a "not strong" Big East schedule. Surprised to see how much DePaul fell off this year.

Reaction Score
They don't have a PG. If Williams and Wilson leave, I think Stanford has major talent and depth at 3-4-5, but who is going to get them the ball? The more I think about this, the more I think that Oregon should be the favorite in the Pac-12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom