Way Too Early Top 25 (2021-2022) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Way Too Early Top 25 (2021-2022)

Reaction Score
This guy with the Seattle Times has UConn at #7 as his "top sleeper pick"... Don't think we've done anything to merit THAT much optimism but I love that there are people on the outside looking in that can see the potential we've all been seeing recently

Reactions: Ugh
Reaction Score
My initial thought is that UConn is another year away from being a real threat. While I like the depth, I'm just not sure where the scoring will come from or who will be the top dog.
Nope. I though this would be the year where we turned things around and next year would be the year where we really become a player nationally. Of course that was assuming Bouk being back but im going to stick with it. Next season a first round exit is back to being completely unacceptable.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ideal? You can't imagine a scenario that would be better than getting a 6-seed?
Being declared national champion by acclamation?

Reaction Score
Ideal? You can't imagine a scenario that would be better than getting a 6-seed?
not within the realm of reasonable expectations for next season. conservatively, i think we'll finish 3rd in a stronger BE and be a top 20-25 team all year. i'd rather be a 6 than a 5. not acceptable to you?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
not within the realm of reasonable expectations for next season. conservatively, i think we'll finish 3rd in a stronger BE and be a top 20-25 team all year. i'd rather be a 6 than a 5. not acceptable to you?
Just quibbling about your use of "ideal." In my opinion, it would be ideal if we were the number one one overall seed. I'd also rather be a 2- or 3-seed. So, for me, a 6-seed would be far from ideal. I agree, though, that 6 is better than 4 or 5.

Reaction Score
Just quibbling about your use of "ideal." In my opinion, it would be ideal if we were the number one one overall seed. I'd also rather be a 2- or 3-seed. So, for me, a 6-seed would be far from ideal. I agree, though, that 6 is better than 4 or 5.
and water is wet. thanks for quibbling

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1764F334-610A-48A3-8F64-9217FE0C7031.jpeg

Anotha one

Reaction Score
Big questions for UConn I think are who scores besides Sanogo?
Will Akok return from a terrible injury
Who plays in the back court.

Reaction Score
Akok is a big question mark as far as I'm concerned - it seems to have been a suitable amount of time for him to be considered 100% so now it's time to give him that PT and let him perform. Does Polley start at the 3 with Akok playing some minutes there? Does AJ start at the 3 with Polley and Akok being the first 2 off the bench? I can't wai tto see how this shakes out.

The back court is a question mark as well - RJ and Gaff together? RJ and AJ together? I don't know what the right answer is. I think Gaff quietly had a splendid 2nd half last year. AJ gets the highlight and the RTs but Gaff settles the floor. Can he and RJ function together? To be determined.

Thankfully the frontcourt is set in stone with Whaley & Sanogo as the anchors.

Agree with the poster above - who scores??? Cole, Whaley, and Sanogo? If we want to be #2 in the Big East we're going to need someone else to break into that scoring column consistently outside of those 3.

Reaction Score
Not a lot of love for the New Big East from Goodman. Villanova at 2 but they’d be at 2 if they played in the NESCAC. Then us at 22.

Reaction Score
Akok is a big question mark as far as I'm concerned - it seems to have been a suitable amount of time for him to be considered 100% so now it's time to give him that PT and let him perform. Does Polley start at the 3 with Akok playing some minutes there? Does AJ start at the 3 with Polley and Akok being the first 2 off the bench? I can't wai tto see how this shakes out.

The back court is a question mark as well - RJ and Gaff together? RJ and AJ together? I don't know what the right answer is. I think Gaff quietly had a splendid 2nd half last year. AJ gets the highlight and the RTs but Gaff settles the floor. Can he and RJ function together? To be determined.

Thankfully the frontcourt is set in stone with Whaley & Sanogo as the anchors.

Agree with the poster above - who scores??? Cole, Whaley, and Sanogo? If we want to be #2 in the Big East we're going to need someone else to break into that scoring column consistently outside of those 3.
Agree with all of this but you can’t play Jackson at the 3. That is a position where you need points. Can’t play him at the 2 either. Same reason. And we desperately need scoring from the back court. I think Sanogo might be dominant inside. But in the current game you can’t really win built that way. You’ll find yourself falling behind by a point on every possession.

Reaction Score
Agree with all of this but you can’t play Jackson at the 3. That is a position where you need points. Can’t play him at the 2 either. Same reason.
there isn't a position you want to punt points at. you can play aj at the 3 if you have 2 of polley/akok/whaley/johnson at the 4 and 5.

but akok is not a 3

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom