Way Too Early Top 25 (2021-2022) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Way Too Early Top 25 (2021-2022)

Reaction Score
I love the Bonnies, but no way they are a better team than Auburn or Texas.
it’s May. The free agency period isn’t even over yet. Louisville and Arizona are still trying to renegotiate contracts to get cap room. I bet you could get 100-1 that none of these will be the Top 25 come selection Sunday

Reaction Score
I think it’s ok to refer to it as the big East now you can drop the word new.....
You are probably too young to remember the Big East. UConn-Syracuse. UConn-Pitt, those games shook the rafters wherever they were played. Multiple Final Four Teams in multiple years. One time back in the early years the Big East missed having all four by an overtime loss in the Elite Eight. Ended up with 3. And in the early 2000s 3 different Big East Teams won titles. 6 different teams went to the Final Four. Four times there were multiple teams from the Big East in the Final Four.

The current group is the New Coke of Basketball Leagues. Same name, same label, but the contents are not as good as the original. Hence I’ll call it the New Big East. I’m hoping it will eventually be put out of its misery as New Coke was. As long as we survive.

Reaction Score
You are probably too young to remember the Big East. UConn-Syracuse. UConn-Pitt, those games shook the rafters wherever they were played. Multiple Final Four Teams in multiple years. One time back in the early years the Big East missed having all four by an overtime loss in the Elite Eight. Ended up with 3. And in the early 2000s 3 different Big East Teams won titles. 6 different teams went to the Final Four. Four times there were multiple teams from the Big East in the Final Four.

The current group is the New Coke of Basketball Leagues. Same name, same label, but the contents are not as good as the original. Hence I’ll call it the New Big East. I’m hoping it will eventually be put out of its misery as New Coke was. As long as we survive.
I love and miss those days as well. However we don’t need the distinction anymore, the league is the big East. We all know it’s different, but it’s not new anymore.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I love and miss those days as well. However we don’t need the distinction anymore, the league is the big East. We all know it’s different, but it’s not new anymore.
It's not worth answering. He's a lost cause who will yell at people to get off his lawn until he dies.

Reaction Score
I just love it when he calls it ZBE and not the same.

It’s only missing 2 original members (Cuse and BC). And of those two I would only want Cuse back. Teams added on later like Pitt, Louisville, WVU, and BC aren’t that good anymore. So really no loss.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I just love it when he calls it ZBE and not the same.

It’s only missing 2 original members (Cuse and BC). And of those two I would only want Cuse back. Teams added on later like Pitt, Louisville, WVU, and BC aren’t that good anymore. So really no loss.
Okay Louisville and WVU are good though

Reaction Score
No one outside of esoteric corners of the internet calls it “New Big East”
Well regardless of who calls it what, it is in fact a new conference. Whenever we win the Big East tournament, we'll get an auto bid to the NCAA tournament that was created for this conference, not the auto bid we got the other 7 times we won the Big East tournament.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Well regardless of who calls it what, it is in fact a new conference. Whenever we win the Big East tournament, we'll get an auto bid to the NCAA tournament that was created for this conference, not the auto bid we got the other 7 times we won the Big East tournament.
1621537916532.jpeg

Reaction Score
If you bought a car 8 years ago you still calling it your new car today?

Reaction Score
there doesnt need to be any analogizing. the point is no one cares except scooter and he's a troll.
You're making points in your posts now? When did that change happen?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Ok so at what point does this new conference stop being new?
Maybe it doesn't. New Mexico has been new since 1598 when it was a colony of New Spain called Nuevo Mexico.

Reaction Score
Maybe it doesn't. New Mexico has been new since 1598 when it was a colony of New Spain called Nuevo Mexico.
And show me where it says new big East anywhere but by the rationale people in here?

Reaction Score

Why did you jump from the 80s to the 2000s?

What happened throughout most of the 90s until Uconn won in '99? Is it not worth talking about?

It's nice to point out the great years of the mid 80s and 2000s but the reality is there were a lot of poor years in between and a long national championship drought which the current realigned Big East has yet to experience

the contents may not be as good as the original. But most of the power conferences would kill to have the success the Big East has had the past 7 years

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why did you jump from the 80s to the 2000s?

What happened throughout most of the 90s until Uconn won in '99? Is it not worth talking about?

It's nice to point out the great years of the mid 80s and 2000s but the reality is there were a lot of poor years in between and a long national championship drought which the current realigned Big East has yet to experience

the contents may not be as good as the original. But most of the power conferences would kill to have the success the Big East has had the past 7 years
Kindly point out the poor years the original BE experienced between the 80s and 2000s - and define what you mean by poor

Reaction Score
Akok is a big question mark as far as I'm concerned - it seems to have been a suitable amount of time for him to be considered 100% so now it's time to give him that PT and let him perform. Does Polley start at the 3 with Akok playing some minutes there? Does AJ start at the 3 with Polley and Akok being the first 2 off the bench? I can't wai tto see how this shakes out.

The back court is a question mark as well - RJ and Gaff together? RJ and AJ together? I don't know what the right answer is. I think Gaff quietly had a splendid 2nd half last year. AJ gets the highlight and the RTs but Gaff settles the floor. Can he and RJ function together? To be determined.

Thankfully the frontcourt is set in stone with Whaley & Sanogo as the anchors.

Agree with the poster above - who scores??? Cole, Whaley, and Sanogo? If we want to be #2 in the Big East we're going to need someone else to break into that scoring column consistently outside of those 3.
Akok will be at 100%, meaning he will be as healthy as he can get. But he may be going at 50% of his former self. Maybe more. Maybe less. I wouldn’t expect him to be as good as he was as a freshman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom