Way Too Early Top 25 (2021-2022) | The Boneyard

Way Too Early Top 25 (2021-2022)

Reaction Score
Borzello had some strange ones, cuse at 14 I found insane, but maybe that’s my bias showing.
HUH?!? A Joe Girard led backcourt will never sniff the top 15

Reaction Score
My initial thought is that UConn is another year away from being a real threat. While I like the depth, I'm just not sure where the scoring will come from or who will be the top dog.
It’s good for recruiting that we are now mentioned consistently as a top 25 team. Its been said about 1,000 times, we are on the rise, but we still have a long way to go to be a Final Four or NC contender. Since Hurley took over, our D had been real solid. We just need to improve offensively.

Reaction Score
HUH?!? A Joe Girard led backcourt will never sniff the top 15
I was surprised but then Goodman had them at 13 in his. Something I must be missing

Reaction Score
Kevin Sweeney has UConn at 16

Even with the pro departure of James Bouknight, the UConn program is on a clear upward trajectory under Dan Hurley. The Husky defense in 2021–22 should be terrific thanks to the rim-protecting presence of Akok Akok and Adama Sanogo down low. Expect Sanogo’s offensive game to expand in his sophomore campaign after flashes of stardom as a freshman in the post. The big need for the Huskies is consistent scoring in the backcourt, with junior Jalen Gaffney expected to take on a larger role. Freshmen Rahsool Diggins and Jordan Hawkins are exciting young talents joining the fray as well.

Way-Too-Early Men's Top 25 for 2021-22

Reaction Score

Even with the pro departure of James Bouknight, the UConn program is on a clear upward trajectory under Dan Hurley. The Husky defense in 2021–22 should be terrific thanks to the rim-protecting presence of Akok Akok and Adama Sanogo down low. Expect Sanogo’s offensive game to expand in his sophomore campaign after flashes of stardom as a freshman in the post. The big need for the Huskies is consistent scoring in the backcourt, with junior Jalen Gaffney expected to take on a larger role. Freshmen Rahsool Diggins and Jordan Hawkins are exciting young talents joining the fray as well.

It’s kind of funny seeing these made with so many transfers out there and rosters being far from complete. It’s good to see some national recognition tho.

Well see what happens with the seniors, but a good thing is the continuity within the roster. Tons of teams are overhauling their rosters, takes time to implement that. They’ve got a nice core and have ways to add to it still, it’s a good spot to be in I think. Very curious to see how the roster shakes out.

Reaction Score
Not going to link it because screw that guy but Andy Katz doesn't even have UConn in top 36 next year, has them and a bunch others as contenders.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Season 3 Yes GIF by Friends

Reaction Score
UConn isn’t a top 25 imo rn. Really depends on transfer market. Whaley and locke? Top 20. None and some ok shooters? Top 36. None? Contender. Feels kinda like 19-20 before 20-21 except 21-22 will be a little better than 19-20. But 22-23 will be better than 21-22

Reaction Score
I just dont understand how we will score points next year. I feel like this year hindered guys offensive development because we relied too heavily on Bouk to score, and we saw what happened to the offense when Bouk wasnt in the lineup. Danny slowed the pace and tried to get in rock fights.

Reaction Score
I think one thing people are forgetting with these rankings is that we're returning most of the team compared to other teams getting killed by transfers. So every team on these lists has holes to fill

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Gaffney and Cole will need to become the two headed monster. And the incoming freshman will provide some lift offensively. And let’s not forget Adama can score too. Depending on who stays and who transfers in, this will be a solid team.

Reaction Score
I think one thing people are forgetting with these rankings is that we're returning most of the team compared to other teams getting killed by transfers. So every team on these lists has holes to fill
The good teams, with good, desirable cultures (20-ish teams) will use the portal to fill in the gaps with quality players. While we have a decent foundation and some potentially exciting freshmen, our scoring chasm needs to be addressed big time. I would not count Hurley out since he and his team seem to be Zoom Masters.

Before the voids are filled, however, I have a hard time thinking this team is a Top 25 team.

Reaction Score
houston at 13? hmmmm... who did they get as a transfer? anybody good?
Yea Houston is 13th because of Carlton lmaoo. Lets say Carlton is as good as you say. This trip youre on is equivalent to lamenting the warriors for not signing Kyrie Irving when they have Steph Curry. Houston and UConn have different roster constructions which means they have different needs. We didn't need Carlton as much as Houston does which is why he's transferring there. For playing time. He wasn't kicked off the team. If he wanted to come back he could've. Let this idiotic point go

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Yea Houston is 13th because of Carlton lmaoo. Lets say Carlton is as good as you say. This trip youre on is equivalent to lamenting the warriors for not signing Kyrie Irving when they have Steph Curry. Houston and UConn have different roster constructions which means they have different needs. We didn't need Carlton as much as Houston does which is why he's transferring there. For playing time. He wasn't kicked off the team. If he wanted to come back he could've. Let this idiotic point go
have i ever, even once, dissed coach dan's plan? answer, 'no.'
have i ever, even once, argued against josh's leaving? answer, 'no.'
have i always believed that josh was gonna get paid? answer, 'yes.'
what's ur problem with me being very happy for him?
u seem to be having a 2 sided discussion in ur own head.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Never too early when you think about the positive effect it can have on potential transfers into the program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom