Waters short read | The Boneyard

Waters short read

Reaction Score
I'm behind on this kid's recruitment and tried to read the other thread but it's filled with nonsense. What is actually going on here? What CT kid who apparently really valued academics looks hard at WKU and LSU? Something shady going on?

Reaction Score
Just for clarification, we're totally out, confirmed?

Reaction Score
I'm behind on this kid's recruitment and tried to read the other thread but it's filled with nonsense. What is actually going on here? What CT kid who apparently really valued academics looks hard at WKU and LSU? Something shady going on?
For a student athlete having multiple offers and invites is normal. Also to go on visitations is a good idea. Lastly to remain open minded about all offers is smart.

With that said the other factors come in to play (e.g. academics, campus life, girls, on/off campus activities, potential teammates/friends, etc..). I respect any kid who deliberately approaches his college choice or takes their time with thoughtful decisions. Perhaps it avoids the transfer situation we seem to be seeing a lot lately.

Whatever school this kid chooses (good if UConn) it appears he will be happy with it.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just for clarification, we're totally out, confirmed?
I wouldn't say totally at all
If LSU falls thru - its us or Gtown

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“At the start of the season I saw Tweets on media about Coach Thompson being fired and there were rumors about it as the season started to go on and it just wasn’t looking good,” he said at the Jordan Classic in April. “The season didn’t go that well and more and more and more Tweets and stories started to come out about him being fired so I didn’t want to go into that situation. I wanted to go into a situation where I didn’t have to worry about my coach being fired, so I just asked for my release.”

Reaction Score
Forgive me if I missed this in another the other 12 tremont threads, but why are we even mentioned with him any more? Has there been any single shred of actual news in the past month that links us in anyway?

Good point! This kid has NEVER ONCE said he had even a remote interest in playing for us. He's the player that bolts Connecticut and people forget about as we cut down the nets. LSU & Western Kentucky have .000 chance of winning anything. When players that are ultra talented weigh factors, I wonder why they don't think about the actual probabilities/possibilities of going to the dance, making a deep run and maybe even grabbing a ring. Having won FOUR (count 'em) 4 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS since 1999, that puts us in a league by ourselves. My ass is going to be in the seats no matter what this kid does. If he goes elsewhere then it's just another one for me to despise and hope for their failure. There have been far too many that make me happy in just that way. If he comes to Storrs, he is an instant BRO!#FAM#MYMAN#RARE#UCONNLUV. In any event Waters has shown NO interest in staying home, he's no CHRIS SMITH! If the kid mentioned UCONN once, then I might follow his selection process. Right now it's a complete and utter waste of time, he's going somewhere to lose. Meanwhile on the legitimate recruiting front; God only knows what we are filling wallets for. I'm all about giving people time to excel, but listening to the recruiting guru talk, you don't get a real warm & fuzzy about the future if he's the face of the program. I hope KO is still front & center on the trail. Many NBA players and coaches have his back. Dwayne Wade just said if he was starting college he'd be at UCONN because of Ollie. The new guy is a big I,I,I,me,me,me guy. Every interview he does is an I love me interview. He is insistent upon telling everyone that will listen about his history of success and his keen eye for talent, but last I looked, Washington is not a program that could ever be used in the same breath as UCONN. His claim to fame is the kid Fultz and I find it telling that he is riding the coattails of a kid that is a top draft pick. I guess it's stepping in sh--, but the look at me puffery doesn't translate to W's. So he's been on the job long enough with the tab that he is this great recruiter but to date he hasn't done anything for us in a what have you done for me lately profession. Tough crowd? Yeah, all of us that come here have the highest expectations, save the trolls from the #uconnwannabes#wishtheywereus that hang around the boneyard hoping that some of us will rub off on them bwahahaha!!!!
Sorry if I offended anyone with my slight but truthful rant.#imnotreallysorryhaha. Show me the nuther stuff Ralph or please move on. Thank you!

Reaction Score

Just FWIW, this is now the 16th time Zagoria has used this exact quote in a Waters' related story.

Reaction Score
Having eaten at the three places dozens of times each, I definitely think Modern is a step behind Sally's and Pepe's.

Pizza talk ..

Make sense

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Just FWIW, this is now the 16th time Zagoria has used this exact quote in a Waters' related story.

No one recycles content better than Adam Zagoria.

His columns are LEEDS-certified.

Reaction Score
Have a feeling he may commit to LSU
Why do you have that feeling? Is he a football fan? That's not a basketball school. Not saying you're wrong because I don't understand why or how these guys are making their decisions these days. I do know that UCONN doesn't appear to be on his radar even though he is on yours and nearly the entire boneyard ha. I am absolutely confused as to why we are not a no brainer, but I apparently don't know sh-- ha! I'll take who we have, plus a few K Free type ballers that leave it on the hardwood.

Reaction Score
Forgive me if I missed this in another the other 12 tremont threads, but why are we even mentioned with him any more? Has there been any single shred of actual news in the past month that links us in anyway?
Grasping at straws because Chillious worked with Isaiah Thomas

Reaction Score
Having eaten at the three places dozens of times each, I definitely think Modern is a step behind Sally's and Pepe's.
Bring the Italian guard to all three!!

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
LSU's got that Po-Boy Express chain though. Hard to top that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom