Watching Tenn/Stanford? [merged thread] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Watching Tenn/Stanford? [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope we see a rematch in the NCAA tourney. It's pretty much a draw on a neutral court.

Who cares?? Neither of these chump teams stand a chance against UConn! Perhaps you should consider changing your handle to EastTennesseeTrash coach it's obvious you're wolf in sheeps clothing.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I am just saying that Stanford did not impress me enough not to think that UT has a chance on a neutral court.

I'm being objective. I have no love or hate for either university.
Um, but remember ETT, sometimes teams do have to play games that are NOT on a neutral court or on the TBA home court where they play almost all their games. You go to an away court for the first time in eons and most of the game you don't look so good. Maybe Stanford was a bit tuckered at the end, but still guessing that all the other SEC teams are thinking that games on their home courts against UTenn shouldn't be so bad. Crowd the paint and let them shoot 27% from beyond the arc and pass out 10 assists. Sounds like a winning formula.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Can't wait to read Mel Greenberg's guy's (Siroky?) next SEC "Masters Of The Universe" post. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
W
Not on the Summitt but on another Tenn board, it's all about wait until next year because Nared is coming in and Simmons is leaving. Nared is the Hope like Russell was supposed to be this year, Massengale her freshman year.
Actually TN is my favorite to be #2 (distant of course) next year. Don't underestimate the lift from Simmons graduating.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Holly post-game: We will learn from this......
"It's going to be a great teaching tape for us when we get back from break," Tennessee coach Holly Warlick said.

Reaction Score
"It's going to be a great teaching tape for us when we get back from break," Tennessee coach Holly Warlick said.
Didn't coach P at Duke say almost exactly the same thing...the last six years.?

Reaction Score
This can not be overstated enough! Simmons graduating from Tenn will be a classic example of addition by subtraction for the 2014-15 LV's.
It's pathetic that Simmons makes it onto some.AA lists.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I am jumping on the Simmons bandwagon..... actually I have been a critic of hers the whole time she has beenat UT..... of the perhaps 2 dozen games I have seen her play in her time there.... I have seen her win one game.... and i forget which one it was.... it was last year ... and that is only because she was on fire from the outside.... it wasn't due to her running the offense to peak efficiency.....

I am with the above poster.... for what reason was she named AA? I mean Geez Louise!!! Perhaps some of our LV friends can shed some light here.... what does she do that is spectacular.... yes, I know she brings energy.... but what about the mechanics of the game?

Reaction Score
Just looking at Stanford's schedule. I see they play California in back to back games. Odd quirk.

Also, no live stats, or even any stats for Tenn game. Bummer.

did same thing last year. hate it.

Reaction Score
RE: this game, Tara is the master of game-planning. That and UTenn is a bad first half team should = a good halftime lead. Tenn will make a run in the 2nd half but Stanford holds on to win by 6.

Just my random prediction.

wow! nailed it!

Reaction Score
I hope we see a rematch in the NCAA tourney. It's pretty much a draw on a neutral court.

how so? TN was living at the line. Chiney will still be good on a neutral court and TN will again not double her, similar to how they did not double team Nneka 2 yrs ago when she scored 41.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
how so? TN was living at the line. Chiney will still be good on a neutral court and TN will again not double her, similar to how they did not double team Nneka 2 yrs ago when she scored 41.

UT had 18 fouls to Stanford's 16, although UT took 4 more FTs. To say UT was "living at the line" implies that there was a big disparity, which there was not.

Reaction Score
UT had 18 fouls to Stanford's 16, although UT took 4 more FTs. To say UT was "living at the line" implies that there was a big disparity, which there was not.

in the first half there was. TN was 10-12, Stanford 1-2.

Chiney will own TN on any court.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
cardfan said:
wow! nailed it!

I was following the gamecast on my phone and when I saw the final score pop up, I just smiled :)

Of course, what I was really sweating was the outcome......SO glad to see the Chiney-led Cards get the W!! Early Christmas present for a lot of us !!

Chiney, IMO is not where her sister was at the same stage but I think she will develop a lot over the next 2-3 years playing year-round. The Sun should be ecstatic over the oppt to take her at #1!

She and Nneka are really special. I was showing my mom some of Chiney's interview clips and highlights so she could see what all the fuss was about.

Tina will, I think, relish playing alongside CO. It may be that having first had Asjha--who is highly experienced, savvy, and the consummate pro--was just what she needed to help establish herself as a mainstay at the pro level. Coach T was obviously huge in this aspect as well.

Now that she has done so, she will (likely) get to have CO at the four spot, with all her energy and enthusiasm (and immense talent). Could be some good times in store for Tina and CO as a great front court tandem!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
in the first half there was. TN was 10-12, Stanford 1-2.

Chiney will own TN on any court.

So what you're saying is that Stanford "lived at the line" in the second half.

I've said nothing critical of Stanford or Chiney. She is clearly the second best player in the nation and played a spectacular game. ALL I'm saying is that these two teams are very evenly matched and on a neutral court it could go either team's way.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was following the gamecast on my phone and when I saw the final score pop up, I just smiled :)

Of course, what I was really sweating was the outcome......SO glad to see the Chiney-led Cards get the W!! Early Christmas present for a lot of us !!

Chiney, IMO is not where her sister was at the same stage but I think she will develop a lot over the next 2-3 years playing year-round. The Sun should be ecstatic over the oppt to take her at #1!

She and Nneka are really special. I was showing my mom some of Chiney's interview clips and highlights so she could see what all the fuss was about.

Tina will, I think, relish playing alongside CO. It may be that having first had Asjha--who is highly experienced, savvy, and the consummate pro--was just what she needed to help establish herself as a mainstay at the pro level. Coach T was obviously huge in this aspect as well.

Now that she has done so, she will (likely) get to have CO at the four spot, with all her energy and enthusiasm (and immense talent). Could be some good times in store for Tina and CO as a great front court tandem!

Tina and Chiney would be a nightmare to guard. Chiney will need to develop her 15-footer but if she can do that the high-low game will be virtually unstoppable. If I had Tina and the number 1 pick I would absolutely take Chiney.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

I've said nothing critical of Stanford or Chiney. She is clearly the second best player in the nation and played a spectacular game. ALL I'm saying is that these two teams are very evenly matched and on a neutral court it could go either team's way.
Evenly matched? If it was,the game would have been closer the entire game, but Stanford had at least an 8 point lead for most of the game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Chiney is "clearly" the 2nd best player in the nation? Um... against a legit top 8 team, she put up 30+ points and 20 boards. If Simms scores 30 and dishes out 15 assists against UCONN, I'd agree that Chiney is "clearly" the 2nd best player. Otherwise, it's not clear at all. ;)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Chiney is "clearly" the 2nd best player in the nation? Um... against a legit top 8 team, she put up 30+ points and 20 boards. If Simms scores 30 and dishes out 15 assists against UCONN, I'd agree that Chiney is "clearly" the 2nd best player. Otherwise, it's not clear at all. ;)

That was tongue in cheek...;)

But I can virtually guarantee that Sims will be much harder for UConn to stop than Chiney and will score more than 16 points.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That was tongue in cheek...;)

But I can virtually guarantee that Sims will be much harder for UConn to stop than Chiney and will score more than 16 points.

If she does, it's only because UConn has to disrupt their schedule and travel all the way to Waco. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom