Watching Tenn/Stanford? [merged thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Watching Tenn/Stanford? [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well big test #1 is a disappointment for this years version of the Lady Vols. Its final 76 to 70 the Trees beat the Vols!
I just don't get the impression the Vols can beat a good and disciplined team, PERIOD!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
It's tough being forced to play games on road, especially when you haven't done it in five weeks. Real shame that UTenn had to play a game away from TBA.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Yeah...down goes the Lady Vols...it is always a good day in the Ferraro house when Tenn loses...thank you Stanford.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't forget South Carolina lost earlier in the week. Now only Kentucky and Arkansas; who hasn't played anyone; are left as undefeated in the SEC. Arkansas probably won't lose until they play South Carolina on Jan 2nd.

Like I said in the beginning of the week, Tennessee goes down.

0-2 for the "mighty SEC" for their undefeated teams. Can Kentucky change that tomorrow??

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I only heard the 2nd half on Stanford radio…You got the score and the vaguest idea what was going on.

But think of it.
Stanford has 2 players ready for prime time.
Tennessee has lots of talent at every position
They should have won
But Doggy and the overwhelming majority that picked Stanford were absolutely right on.

Reaction Score
Did you think a 6 point win at home was that impressive for Stanford?
Yes considering we regularly beat them by 20 to 30 home or road, where are you from knoxville. You are suppose to be the 3 or possibly 2 ranked team in the land with the best front court in Wbball. At what point do they start looking or playing like it. Remember this is a Uconn board, if you like the Vols so much wander on over to the Orange madness board.

Reaction Score
yep, and 20 rebounds.
That was against the best frontcourt in the nation. Stanford is basically CO with a supporting cast member stepping up now and then. What's the deal with the Samuelson sisters? Neither one of them didn't play.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
RE: this game, Tara is the master of game-planning. That and UTenn is a bad first half team should = a good halftime lead. Tenn will make a run in the 2nd half but Stanford holds on to win by 6.

Just my random prediction.

Considering both the game flow and the final score, I'd say I came pretty close .....

:)

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
And who gets the win and who gets the loss?
Not exactly a blow out, my only point. Especially considering Stanford was home. ETT was right, even match on a neutral court.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yes considering we regularly beat them by 20 to 30 home or road, where are you from knoxville. You are suppose to be the 3 or possibly 2 ranked team in the land with the best front court in Wbball. At what point do they start looking or playing like it. Remember this is a Uconn board, if you like the Vols so much wander on over to the Orange madness board.

I am just saying that Stanford did not impress me enough not to think that UT has a chance on a neutral court.

I'm being objective. I have no love or hate for either university.

Reaction Score
Their is no comparison between Tennessee's frontcourt, and UConn. Stef, Stewie, KML, Morgan, Kiah are much better, Tennessee has one frontcourt player who is good Graves. The other players need better coaching, they lack basic fundamentals, both on offense, and defense. Tennessee needs more in their offense, then throw it up, and rebound, or drive hard, hope to throw it up, and get fouled.

Reaction Score
I am just saying that Stanford did not impress me enough not to think that UT has a chance on a neutral court.

I'm being objective. I have no love or hate for either university.
Yes you do and its clearly obvious in your continued interest in the Vols on a Uconn board. VOLS HAVE THEIR OWN BOARD YOU KNOW, THEY MIGHT ENJOY YOUR POST MORE.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Stanford should have had more control of the game going down the stretch. It does lead to the possibility that anything can happen on a Neutral Court. However, if they meet again it will also be played at Stanford, so I still see Stanford winning.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yes you do and its clearly obvious in your continued interest in the Vols on a Uconn board. VOLS HAVE THEIR OWN BOARD YOU KNOW, THEY MIGHT ENJOY YOUR POST MORE.

Maybe you failed to recognize that this was a game thread about a game in which Tennessee was playing? If you don't like my posts, utilize the "Ignore" feature, as I am about to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom