Watched Wahab play last night | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Watched Wahab play last night

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
From only his comments UConn is mostly about Akok, and doesn't mention anything about coaching staff or university. While Georgetown does sound like alot of positivity - so that would be my guess too.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Have we visited Wahab at all recently?

Reaction Score
Have we visited Wahab at all recently?

Possibly but this was a tough one. A lot of ground to make up. I'd assume we did though.. if there's anything I know won't happen with this group of coaches - it's that they might get beat, but they're not gonna get outworked. So I assume they've been on him.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Georgetown or Tech, would be pleasantly shocked to see him commit to the good guys.

Reaction Score
I am not yet buying Carlton at all despite a couple nice games and a really good one against really bad Tulane. If we come up empty on Wahab, a very high quality grad transfer or JC big and/or Precious then I'd say a red herring slipped through the dam.

That is not the case yet so I trust Hurley and co. will close on a meaningful big for '19 - '20. Precious would be gravy. I can't see next year being a big success if we go into it with the 3 recruits and the remnants of this mess; sans Gilbert and maybe Wilson. In reality this is a multi year rebuild anyway so xanax as necessary.

Reaction Score
Looking like a VT or Georgetown. Hopefully we can land Precious but if not I think Mitchell would be a nice pickup

Reaction Score
You guys are reading way too much into those blurbs.

Try describing 5 things yourself while intentionally trying not to give away which you like more. You just start saying anything that makes them distinct.

Doesn't mean he is coming here, but that has 0 indication.

Reaction Score
I’ll take 2 Josh Boone’s right now or even one. He really evolved and improved thru his career. We desperately need that type of player.

Reaction Score
Didn’t someone here post that Wahab is playing tonight?
If so, Hurley has to be there. If he doesn’t show, then NEXT.

Reaction Score
I was able to get to tonight’s game. My unofficial head tracking stats had him at 22 and 9 with a couple of swats. After picking up his second foul with a couple of minutes left in the first quarter the coach sat him (JC style) for the rest of the half. Competition wasn’t as good as when I saw him last weekend. Not much new to report on his play. Needs to use his butt more on offense to seal of his defender.
Unless I missed them there was no sign of any of our staff or any other schools staff which surprised me.

Reaction Score
Thought my boneyard identity got stolen when I first saw the OP, then realized he’s got a space in his SN.

Good post btw, nice to get some info on these guys.
Thought my boneyard identity got stolen when I first saw the OP, then realized he’s got a space in his SN.

Good post btw, nice to get some info on these guys.
MrP. Sorry. I didn’t realize there was a name so close to the one I chose. Admin. did the right thing changing mine to Mister P

Reaction Score
I was able to get to tonight’s game. My unofficial head tracking stats had him at 22 and 9 with a couple of swats. After picking up his second foul with a couple of minutes left in the first quarter the coach sat him (JC style) for the rest of the half. Competition wasn’t as good as when I saw him last weekend. Not much new to report on his play. Needs to use his butt more on offense to seal of his defender.
Unless I missed them there was no sign of any of our staff or any other schools staff which surprised me.

Thanks for the report. No coaches in attendance a few days before he commits seems improbable.

Seems to indicate that he’s already told all the coaches which program he’ll be announcing for on the 30th.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Thanks for the report. No coaches in attendance a few days before he commits seems improbable.

Seems to indicate that he’s already told all the coaches which program he’ll be announcing for on the 30th.
Why is it improbable if he already told them? Totally probable.

Reaction Score
I’ll take 2 Josh Boone’s right now or even one. He really evolved and improved thru his career. We desperately need that type of player.

While I love JB and I'd take a player of that caliber in a heartbeat I don't remember him as a player that really evolved and improved thru his career. His freshman year he played a great second fiddle to EO as an ultra athletic run the floor rebounding PF that had some big moments in big games like the BET and FF. Then his sophomore year he came out like gangbusters but slowly faded as the year went on. His junior year it was much of the same skill set he showed in the second half of his sophomore year and ended up getting outplayed by George Mason's midmajor frontcourt in the most disappointing UConn loss of all time.

MrP

Reaction Score
MrP. Sorry. I didn’t realize there was a name so close to the one I chose. Admin. did the right thing changing mine to Mister P

No worries - looks like they made an additional change

Reaction Score

Try describing 5 things yourself while intentionally trying not to give away which you like more. You just start saying anything that makes them distinct.

Haven’t been keeping up with this thread but got a chuckle out of the last couple of pages.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

My system is more bulletproof. It was raining when I read it. Immediately said NEXT!!

Reaction Score
Nice ... no ... awesome 1st post. I think he sounds like a Brimah, which was also my thought after seeing his video.
If he's like Brimah, let's hope interior passes to him down low don't go right through his hands. Lol

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
If he's like Brimah, let's hope interior passes to him down low don't go right through his hands. Lol
Actually, I think I was confused. I was thinking of Omoruyi, who seems to be a shot-blocking defender type, likely to be able to catch and finish lobs, but may not have much post-up game or any face-up game initially. Wahab seems a bit more offensively skilled. Either will help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom