Watched Wahab play last night | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Watched Wahab play last night

Reaction Score
Anyone have any updates? Closing in on a week left before his commitment and not a lot of chatter.

Reaction Score
With the coaches out on the recruitment trail this week I’m wondering if there will be any staff members at QWs home game tomorrow night making a final push ? I’m thinking if they are there then they are not certain on Q’s decesion yet. If they are not there then they probably know that he is going somewhere else or they know for sure that he is committing to us. Different ways to look at it. Any one who’s connected know anything ? Chief, what say you ?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
have we made Wahab an offer?

The dude is announcing his college choice in a little over a week and is in the final semester of his high school career. It would be really odd if we didn't offer him by now.

Reaction Score
The dude is announcing his college choice in a little over a week and is in the final semester of his high school career. It would be really odd if we didn't offer him by now.
Huh ?

Reaction Score
With the coaches out on the recruitment trail this week I’m wondering if there will be any staff members at QWs home game tomorrow night making a final push ? I’m thinking if they are there then they are not certain on Q’s decesion yet. If they are not there then they probably know that he is going somewhere else or they know for sure that he is committing to us. Different ways to look at it. Any one who’s connected know anything ? Chief, what say you ?
You sure covered all the bases there so I would have to say, Yes.

Reaction Score
I'm posting this knowing i'm going to get killed for it. Having see Precious and this kid, I think this kid is a better fit right now and might be a more valuable college player. Precious has tools for weeks but he's really raw and even if he does figure it out - he's gone in two years tops.

This kid helps a lot now, gets better and is probably a slam dunk 3-4 year player. He's nowhere near the pro prospect Precious is, but.. I dunno. I like him an awful lot. I find myself liking him more everytime I see him and liking Precious less and less.

Reaction Score
I'm posting this knowing i'm going to get killed for it. Having see Precious and this kid, I think this kid is a better fit right now and might be a more valuable college player. Precious has tools for weeks but he's really raw and even if he does figure it out - he's gone in two years tops.

This kid helps a lot now, gets better and is probably a slam dunk 3-4 year player. He's nowhere near the pro prospect Precious is, but.. I dunno. I like him an awful lot. I find myself liking him more everytime I see him and liking Precious less and less.
They aren't either or. Completely different positions, players, and prospects.

Reaction Score
Thought my boneyard identity got stolen when I first saw the OP, then realized he’s got a space in his SN.

Good post btw, nice to get some info on these guys.
You stay on your side of the court and I’ll stay on my mine

Reaction Score
Free article from Prep Hoops this morning: Recruiting Report: Qudus Wahab (2019) | Prep Hoops

Qudus Wahab, a class of 2019 post prospect from Flint Hill, has confirmed that he is set to announce his college decision on January 30. During a recent interview with Prep Hoops, he described his relationship with the respective schools that are still involved with his recruitment.

GEORGETOWN: “I just like the school, the location, the coaches. I think that they feed their bigs and make use of their big guys a lot. Academically and basketball-wise it’s good.”

PITTSBURGH: “They have some pretty good freshmen, but they told me they need me to fill a spot next season. I’ve watched a few of their games. They play pretty good defense. They’ve already got a couple of good wins in the ACC.”

SYRACUSE: “The Duke win was a big one for them. (Paschal) Chukwu is leaving, and they said they need me to come in and fill that spot. I’ve played zone before and I’m fine with it, but it’s all about the ability to keep learning. I know I can fit what they need.”

UCONN: “They said they’re trying to get me and Akok to play together in the front court next season. We were together during our official visit. I think he’s a really good player. He is a good shot blocker, he plays good defense, and he can shoot threes a little bit.”

VIRGINIA TECH: “Coach Webster and Coach Buzz have been following me for a long time. They’re losing four seniors and they said they need me to come in and fit a need right away.”

Reaction Score
Have a hunch and I'll voice it. I'm basing it on what I've read, conference stuff, and the states of the five programs listed, the levels that they are playing at this year, etc. Do not have specific information about the rosters of these schools and how they are stacked or not stacked at the center position. Like I said, just a hunch, for risk taking sake.

Virginia Tech

Reaction Score
Free article from Prep Hoops this morning: Recruiting Report: Qudus Wahab (2019) | Prep Hoops

Qudus Wahab, a class of 2019 post prospect from Flint Hill, has confirmed that he is set to announce his college decision on January 30. During a recent interview with Prep Hoops, he described his relationship with the respective schools that are still involved with his recruitment.

GEORGETOWN: “I just like the school, the location, the coaches. I think that they feed their bigs and make use of their big guys a lot. Academically and basketball-wise it’s good.”

PITTSBURGH: “They have some pretty good freshmen, but they told me they need me to fill a spot next season. I’ve watched a few of their games. They play pretty good defense. They’ve already got a couple of good wins in the ACC.”

SYRACUSE: “The Duke win was a big one for them. (Paschal) Chukwu is leaving, and they said they need me to come in and fill that spot. I’ve played zone before and I’m fine with it, but it’s all about the ability to keep learning. I know I can fit what they need.”

UCONN: “They said they’re trying to get me and Akok to play together in the front court next season. We were together during our official visit. I think he’s a really good player. He is a good shot blocker, he plays good defense, and he can shoot threes a little bit.”

VIRGINIA TECH: “Coach Webster and Coach Buzz have been following me for a long time. They’re losing four seniors and they said they need me to come in and fit a need right away.”

From the looks of these answers it's starting to sound like Georgetown is the frontrunner.

I'm staying positive, we still have a good chance.

Reaction Score
From the looks of these answers it's starting to sound like Georgetown is the frontrunner.

I'm staying positive, we still have a good chance.
I'd be shocked if he came here. Too much ground to cover, to little time. This ship sailed when we prioritized Kofi. Seems to me the staff is already invested elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if he came here. Too much ground to cover, to little time. This ship sailed when we prioritized Kofi. Seems to me the staff is already invested elsewhere.

If we miraculously land Precious we won't necessarily need a true rim-protecting C who grabs 8+ boards a game.

A rotating front-court lineup that includes Josh, Sid, a healthy Diarra, Precious, & Akok I'm fine with...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom