Watched Wahab play last night | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Watched Wahab play last night

Reaction Score
Went to QWs game last night in Richmond against Trinity Episcopal and sat right behind his bench. My son and I had on our UCONN gear which he saw and looked at us many times. Unofficial head stats had him at 23-13-3-3. Played against 6’-7’ 4*Henry Coleman ( UVA and VT heavy on him ) and 6’-11” Burke Smith ( Ivies and other VA schools looking at him ). Both class of 2020. Coleman is the real deal. Scored from all over the floor.

What I liked...very vocal on offensive posssesions calling for the ball. Nice soft touch from 12’ and in. He looked to score when in the paint with the ball. Made foul shots. He had a baby jump hook shot from 6’ and in that was unstoppable when he had single coverage on him. Contested shots on D when given the chance. Played all 32 minutes and held up well.
Needs work on...beefing up. Not as wide and solid as I thought he would be. Still growing so this can be accomplished. Offensive moves. When he had the ball down low he would always give the left-right-left,etc side shakes trying to get his defender to commit one way or the other. At times, this gave enough time for the guards to drop back down and strip the ball from him or force him to abandon his shot. Coachable. Foot work on D was ok just needs to work a little bit on positioning.
The opposition team was taking mainly perimeter shots so he wasn’t as dominant on D in this game.
I see him as a 4 yr guy with plenty of upside. Not a starter his freshmen year but someone who can get minutes and contribute.
I shook his hand after the game and said “ good game Q. I’ll be watching on the 30th and hoping that you choose the good guys “ as I pointed to my husky shirt. He then grinned.
wishing him luck and pointing to your UCONN shirt is a violation! Smile, but say nothing.!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom