Watched practice tonight at the Rent | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Watched practice tonight at the Rent

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He was never highly touted really. Everyone ahead of him had higher expectations. FWIW, his accuracy has been very poor whenever I’ve watched him

He was the only QB the program brought in out of HS between Boyle and Krajewski to claim a P5 offer. You don't expect players like that to continuously slide down the depth chart.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He was the only QB the program brought in out of HS between Boyle and Krajewski to claim a P5 offer. You don't expect players like that to continuously slide down the depth chart.

Right, but BC was his only other known FBS offer besides UConn, at least according to recruiting sites. It's not like programs were fighting over him, and my guess was that BC didn't really prioritize him

Reaction Score
Reading tea leaves but they better keep Pindell healthy.
Agreed. He brings a dynamic that no other QB on the team has. His legs will be a huge component/factor next week.
It could set up a lot of other things if he starts extending drives with the run.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Agreed. He brings a dynamic that no other QB on the team has. His legs will be a huge component/factor next week.
It could set up a lot of other things if he starts extending drives with the run.

4.6 speed at QB is indeed a great aspect. If his arm can be just average he’ll be a solid starter for us.

Reaction Score
Really really really hope we see Pindell run out of trouble and gain 22 yards several times a game a la Pat White. I remember White would take off and weave his way through the defense like they were in slow-motion.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
What you will see are designed runs- better pass protection that allows him to run if guys aren't open and ultimately- full command and control of the offense. He will be able to escape from trouble but most importantly- it won't allow the defense to key, stack the line or lay back. A qb who can run and throw is impossible to defend.

Reaction Score
If the pass rush is just like what we had last year then Coach Edsall and his staff clearly have not done their jobs. Are you saying Randy Edsall doesn't know how to improve the defense????
I love your optimism, you're a heck of a husky supporter. I guess you think UConn basketball will be just as bad as last year too. No scoring, no defense?

I’m a huge Edsall fan. And I’m sorry I am wondering where the pass rush is going to come from. Guess it doesn’t make me a fan if I’m concerned about something.

Undefeated season coming up!!! Defense is going to dominate every play to the whistle!!!! Best defense on the east coast! Milton better watch out and so should every other qb on the schedule!!!!

Is that better?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I suspect he sees a lot of double teams, which should open the door for some one else.

He is a true freshman and he won't right off the bat get double teamed but that may change during the game.

Milton has to get hit and often if UConn is going to rattle him at all.

Reaction Score
I’m a huge Edsall fan. And I’m sorry I am wondering where the pass rush is going to come from. Guess it doesn’t make me a fan if I’m concerned about something.

Undefeated season coming up!!! Defense is going to dominate every play to the whistle!!!! Best defense on the east coast! Milton better watch out and so should every other qb on the schedule!!!!

Is that better?

Do you actually follow the team, recruiting, pre season practices, etc and the news stories about the team that come out almost daily? Or do you live in Manchuria? If you're such a huge HCRE fan you must have read what he has said about his incoming freshman class, especially those on defense. It may be his best class ever in all the years he has coached at UConn. Especially the lineman and linebackers. Yet you post the following crap....

My question is, where is the pass rush? If we rush the passer like we did last year, it is going to get ugly very quick.

....and insist on dwelling on last year and projecting that to this year with players RE didn't recruit and players that have graduated. Keep it up, you're doing well, and continue wondering what happened to last year's pass rush. Lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you actually follow the team, recruiting, pre season practices, etc and the news stories about the team that come out almost daily? Or do you live in Manchuria? If you're such a huge HCRE fan you must have read what he has said about his incoming freshman class, especially those on defense. It may be his best class ever in all the years he has coached at UConn. Especially the lineman and linebackers. Yet you post the following crap....

....and insist on dwelling on last year and projecting that to this year with players RE didn't recruit and players that have graduated. Keep it up, you're doing well, and continue wondering what happened to last year's pass rush. Lol

Yes, I am a big HCRE fan, was an original apologista, and unlike many on here I am willing to be extremely patient with him because he inherited such a dumpster fire. He has two classes under his belt and we won’t see the true fruits of his labor until 2-3 years. I expect this team to consistently go bowling after this season.

With that said, playing true freshman, especially on the lines, will pay dividends down the road, but will likely cause a trying year. Nothing beats game-time experience. But inconsistency will be an issue (Ryan Van Denmark’s freshman year is a good example. The talent was obvious, but he was up and down with technique and missed assignments. But due to that experience, he is poised for a monster year).

I project based off returning players, with the hope many will take big leaps. (And from what I read, players like Coyle and Beavers are ready to become huge playmakers).

Saying that i think this team might win 2-3 games does not make me a lesser fan than you. I want to see improvement on the field this year and that can actually happen without the corresponding wins. Tough for you to understand, I know.

I will be screaming my lungs out supporting these guys next Thursday. I will be rooting for Kevon Jones to have a great game playing down the road from his home. I want Travis Jones to throw offensive lineman into the backfield. I want Kevin Mensah to continue to build off what I saw last year (vision, quickness), I want everyone to see what I believe is one of the best and deepest WR crews we have had here.

And if it doesn’t work out. If they lose by 3 or 45, I will be back the next home game screaming my lungs off again.

I apologize to you if you think that being critical of a team is somehow reflective of someone’s fandom.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, I am a big HCRE fan, was an original apologista, and unlike many on here I am willing to be extremely patient with him because he inherited such a dumpster fire. He has two classes under his belt and we won’t see the true fruits of his labor until 2-3 years. I expect this team to consistently go bowling after this season.

With that said, playing true freshman, especially on the lines, will pay dividends down the road, but will likely cause a trying year. Nothing beats game-time experience. But inconsistency will be an issue (Ryan Van Denmark’s freshman year is a good example. The talent was obvious, but he was up and down with technique and missed assignments. But due to that experience, he is poised for a monster year).

I project based off returning players, with the hope many will take big leaps. (And from what I read, players like Coyle and Beavers are ready to become huge playmakers).

Saying that i think this team might win 2-3 games does not make me a lesser fan than you. I want to see improvement on the field this year and that can actually happen without the corresponding wins. Tough for you to understand, I know.

I will be screaming my lungs out supporting these guys next Thursday. I will be rooting for Kevon Jones to have a great game playing down the road from his home. I want Travis Jones to throw offensive lineman into the backfield. I want Kevin Mensah to continue to build off what I saw last year (vision, quickness), I want everyone to see what I believe is one of the best and deepest WR crews we have had here.

And if it doesn’t work out. If they lose by 3 or 45, I will be back the next home game screaming my lungs off again.

I apologize to you if you think that being critical of a team is somehow reflective of someone’s fandom.

Listen. You are supposed to believe everything is fine and there will be no challenges. Based off a handful of 15 second videos and coachspeak.

Actually waiting to see someone produce on tbe field is too much to ask. You must believe just because.

Reaction Score

I don't think there's anything wrong with what @huskysupporter is saying...

For 7 years in a row we've gone through training camps and been told how much the team is improving and how strong the "brotherhood" is... and for 7 years in a row, the team has stunk.

You can be critical of a team and question how whether things will actually come together and still be a fan.

I used to have blind faith over training camps comments and things like that, but we've been burned too many times. Show me the hype is real.

Reaction Score
90% of what coaches say is drivel. And often they don't turn their words into actions, saying one thing and doing another. I do not blame anyone on this board for having a "show me" mentality.

That said, if you can't be optimistic now, then when? I have consistently posted over the years saying that our performance on the field has been less then our talent would dictate. I look at this year's squad and see the upgrade in talent. It is also the second year in the system. Given those two things, I expect a better product on the field, and I expect them to hang with UCF (which has lesser talent than last year and is in year one of a new system with a new staff) ---at the least.

Reaction Score
Really really really hope we see Pindell run out of trouble and gain 22 yards several times a game a la Pat White. I remember White would take off and weave his way through the defense like they were in slow-motion.

With all due respect, we saw some of Pindell last year. Any sentence that uses him and Pat White in it needs to be rethought.

Reaction Score
What’s with Macafee? He comes highly touted by Mass. ‘Yarders. He really 4 or 5 ?

Remember that he was a Diaco recruit. It was never clear that the new staff really thought he was the answer, as opposed to was willing to honor his early commitment.

Reaction Score
My question is, where is the pass rush? If we rush the passer like we did last year, it is going to get ugly very quick.
Although I am not a Raiders fan, I firmly believe in this...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Although I am not a Raiders fan, I firmly believe in this...

If Jones manhandled opposing centers like he did Crozier in that one example, they will.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
All the words coming out of anywhere mean nothing until Thursday at 7:05 pm when the game kick's off. Until then nobody knows what will happen. We are all undefeated now at least until 11 pm or so on Thursday

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think it is going to be a blood bath. It's just too soon for us to take on a tough team.

But I'd gladly be wrong.
I enjoy your optimism. ;) A late call to help our with grandchildren in upstate NY means I can't go to the game, but who needs to see a bloodbath anyway.:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom