Watched practice tonight at the Rent | The Boneyard

Watched practice tonight at the Rent

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Part of the perks of season ticket holders- stood on the sideline for the scrimmage. Haynes is starting RG. Pindell looked very good and threw the ball very well. Washington is #2. I will call him unconventional in the way he throws the ball but he moved the offense.

Kevon Jones started at ILB. Keyshon Paul at CB. Very crisp scrimmage- no turnovers. Couple of penalties. The size of the freshman and the speed they exhibited showed me they were way advanced than most freshman we have had come onto campus. The potential is there- can't wait to see this D the second half of next year as they gain experience.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Haynes comes from St. John’s College High school in DC, same school as our recent commit Cameron Ross and recent offers Bapst and Haigler

Reaction Score
Pindell looked very good and threw the ball very well. Washington is #2. I will call him unconventional in the way he throws the ball but he moved the offense.
@hardcorehusky Which QB is the guy who passes in a more unconventional way, but successfully moved the offense in Monday night's scrimmage? Thanks for clarifying.

C

Chief00

Haynes comes from St. John’s College High school in DC, same school as our recent commit Cameron Ross and recent offers Bapst and Haigler

Dunn recruits that area.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
@hardcorehusky Which QB is the guy who passes in a more unconventional way, but successfully moved the offense in Monday night's scrimmage? Thanks for clarifying.
Washington. He throws under lineman's arms and in alleys as opposed to over the top of people. His feet would not be set to step into the throw but still was effective.

Pindell looks like Shireffs last year. Totally under control, on target and reading the D much better.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
So was the secondary at least semi-functional?
People were not wide open and defenders did not play "off their man". No 10 yard cushions. The secondary has much better foot speed and even though the Pindell looked very sharp, it wasn't like it was pitch and catch. The D was competitive.

Reaction Score
Don’t be shocked if Pindell outplays McKenzie Milton Thursday night. Getting good feedback on his improvement—mostly his comfort level and confidence. UCF receivers are not better than ours. Frankly, their O-line isn’t either. UCF comes in with an attitude born of misplaced hubris based on last year’s squad which was much better.
UConn will open lots of eyes. Dan-O will have a great game to make his debut on, and his insights on Edsall—coupled with our faster than expected improvement—will have the national audience rethinking our preseason ranking. I’m excited. I hope you are.

Reaction Score
Don’t be shocked if Pindell outplays McKenzie Milton Thursday night. Getting good feedback on his improvement—mostly his comfort level and confidence. UCF receivers are not better than ours. Frankly, their O-line isn’t either. UCF comes in with an attitude born of misplaced hubris based on last year’s squad which was much better.
UConn will open lots of eyes. Dan-O will have a great game to make his debut on, and his insights on Edsall—coupled with our faster than expected improvement—will have the national audience rethinking our preseason ranking. I’m excited. I hope you are.

I predict a Nostical win!

Reaction Score

I'll take that post! At some point you have to be a fan and have some fun with this stuff.

Reaction Score

I'm with you bro!
kool-aid-1_u2phl6.jpg

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
People were not wide open and defenders did not play "off their man". No 10 yard cushions. The secondary has much better foot speed and even though the Pindell looked very sharp, it wasn't like it was pitch and catch. The D was competitive.

Did the DB’s turn around and play the ball? Or just stare at the receiver like last year?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I think it is going to be a blood bath. It's just too soon for us to take on a tough team.

But I'd gladly be wrong.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I am trying to convince myself that we can win or at least almost win this game. I was feeling pretty good until Nostical.
He didn't screw up the mojo too much. Consider the following:

1. Pindell may outplay Milton, but who cares? He doesn't play Milton. He plays the UCF defense.
2. UCF doesn't need better receivers than UConn, they need to get open vs. UConn DBs.
3. UCF's O-line plays directly across from UConn's D-line.
4. Dan-O is a rookie analyst. He's bound to have more than a few verbal pauses. Live TV ain't like Twitter. Once it's out, it's in the wind. All things Husky will be on the "U" until mid-season.

(There. Feel better? :D)

Reaction Score
Did the DB’s turn around and play the ball? Or just stare at the receiver like last year?

BTW that isn't a UCONN problem. It is a CFB problem. I almost jumped out of the stands in the 2nd half of the B1G Championship game 2 years ago when Penn State came back on Wisconsin. I was furious - our whole section was screaming "turn around! play the ball"...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
BTW that isn't a UCONN problem. It is a CFB problem. I almost jumped out of the stands in the 2nd half of the B1G Championship game 2 years ago when Penn State came back on Wisconsin. I was furious - our whole section was screaming "turn around! play the ball"...

I wonder if they are coached that way. Coaches don’t trust the DB’s judgement on when to turn around, so they tell them to just run along with the receiver and hope the QB makes a lousy throw or the WR drops it. Basically they just run along to make the tackle if it is caught.

Frustrating as hell to watch, but I wonder if that is what they are told to do. Especially when they are inexperienced or overmatched.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom