Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The College Football playoff system is such a joke and makes it hard to take the sport seriously. The only sport that starts the year with 95% of their teams already eliminated from winning a national championship. In what world should a team that has won all their games not even get a chance to play for a national championship?

Reaction Score
Could be good for UConn. While I do not view FSU as a top 4 program now that qb is out, they and Clemson now know that going undefeated in ACC is not good enough. Queue up the realignment board, b/c this will further ACC schism
My thought exactly. This will speed things up. And wasn't the committee chaired by the president of NCSU???

Reaction Score
Exactly, there were six worthy teams. Two were going to be left out. Future undefeated teams like Florida State will get in because of the expansion, so this "problem" has already found a solution. I can't believe so many people on this board are pretending to be upset by this.
tell that to the florida state seniors

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
They were screwed but I'm not losing any sleep over FSU getting snubbed. Cue the "But I never thought the leopards would eat MY face" meme.

Reaction Score
Yes FSU got screwed royally. Th he committed was bullied by the SEC Commissioner. Embarrassing. Truly if I were Florida State I’d leave my starters on the bench for the bowl game, collect my payout and go home. Treat it like an NFL pre-season game. Let the bowl committee and the cop folks try and explain it. Take the approach that since the actual games don’t matter we are just treating it as a reward for a good season.

Reaction Score
They were screwed but I'm not losing any sleep over FSU getting snubbed. Cue the "But I never thought the leopards would eat MY face" meme.
Not disputing your point at all here, but funny how this mindset perfectly reflects the basis for college sports' entire business model. If fans' could resist relishing in their tormenters' misfortune, they might collectively realize that we're all victims of the same machine. I used to hate FSU until I found myself hating UConn for the same reason.

Reaction Score
The reality is this. There is the P2 and then everyone else. When the playoff goes to 12, the ACC and the Big 12 will get their conference champ in and rarely get a second team in. The P2 will get 3 to 4 teams per conference each year.
Of course they were. The entire committee is a joke.

1. If you pick best teams, then why isn’t Georgia in there? They are clearly top 4.

2. If Georgia beat Alabama , FSU would have been in spot 4.

The committee had to defer to Texas because they had to get an sec team. They can’t justify alabama and Georgia over texas.

So they made up a thing about fsu, as if you can’t win a game with a backup qb, and decided to throw Fsu under the boss.

What the committee really wanted to do is this.

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Alabama
4. Georgia

They would have preferred that.
I think they really would have preferred
1 Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Michigan
4. LSU
And the only reason Michigan is there is to keep from looking like total SEC b@& boys

Reaction Score
I think they really would have preferred
1 Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Michigan
4. LSU
And the only reason Michigan is there is to keep from looking like total SEC b@& boys
Nah they'd want Ohio St and Texas in too. They bring the eyeballs for tv money and fans that travel.

Reaction Score
Nah they'd want Ohio St and Texas in too. They bring the eyeballs for tv money and fans that travel.

and Washington got in over Florida State to garner west coast interest. If the two teams played in a month Florida State would likely be the favorite, their defense is tremendous.

Of course they maximized TV viewership, TV pays the bills.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Not disputing your point at all here, but funny how this mindset perfectly reflects the basis for college sports' entire business model. If fans' could resist relishing in their tormenters' misfortune, they might collectively realize that we're all victims of the same machine. I used to hate FSU until I found myself hating UConn for the same reason.
I think fans of schools outside the power structure have realized that, but there’s nothing we collectively can do other than laugh when fans of bigger programs experience unfairness at the hands of the Frankenstein’s monster their programs all had a hand in creating.

Reaction Score
and Washington got in over Florida State to garner west coast interest. If the two teams played in a month Florida State would likely be the favorite, their defense is tremendous.

Of course they maximized TV viewership, TV pays the bills.
Really the only west coast team they want is USC. But they suck and can't get to the play offs haha

Reaction Score
There's no way the Good Ol' Boys' Club were leaving out one of their SEC behemoths, even if other teams were more deserving. That being said, I'm happy it's FSU that got screwed.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
There's no way the Good Ol' Boys' Club were leaving out one of their SEC behemoths, even if other teams were more deserving. That being said, I'm happy it's FSU that got screwed.
I think the powers made cough fine and appropriate selections.^_^ Furthermore, the ACC were essentially told to zip it, and hold the beers while the big boys of the BIGSEC show us cough real championship football.

I seriously was humming to myself this morning, to the tune of the Star Wars intro theme, "karma". The Empire (BIGSEC) does not care about what is fair.

Reaction Score
Is the final four the most deserved or the best football teams? If I know that I could answer the question. Truth is with their QB they’re in without they’re not one of the best 4 teams they’d be 2 TD underdogs versus the top 6. Heck Georgia is certainly one of the best 4 teams they aren’t in. Going to 12 will be close to the best case scenario for this to work out a bit better.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Is the final four the most deserved or the best football teams? If I know that I could answer the question. Truth is with their QB they’re in without they’re not one of the best 4 teams they’d be 2 TD underdogs versus the top 6. Heck Georgia is certainly one of the best 4 teams they aren’t in. Going to 12 will be close to the best case scenario for this to work out a bit better.
Their charter is quite specific in saying "best 4 teams" and not "most deserving" or "best resume". Gives them latitude to consider injuries and ignore losses.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
for those not sold on SEC superiority, consider their best 2023 non-conference wins:
Quickly, let’s review the SEC’s best non-conference wins this season:

• Ole Miss beating a Michael Pratt-less Tulane, 37-20.
  • Missouri topping a then-ranked No. 15 Kansas State.
  • Kentucky winning at then-ranked No. 10 Louisville.
  • Georgia beating Georgia Tech by… eight points?
  • Alabama winning 17-3 at… South Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom