Warning...This thread is going to be wildly unpopular... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Warning...This thread is going to be wildly unpopular...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It is always an interesting ride. Someone or a group has always had to carry UCONN to a championship. Napheesa and KLS are as capable a pair as UCONN has ever had. Enjoy the ride.
How soon we forget the Diana Taurasi years

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I've never been concerned whether UConn won by two points or fifty points, whether they had five All Americans or none as long as they played great team basketball......I'm not jumping off any bridges but facts are facts.......this team is simply not playing great team basketball at the moment.....
Here’s the thing - it’s the new reality. Fans have two choices: learn to live with it or bitch and moan about everything, making themselves and others unhappy. Actually, there’s a third choice - go find a new team to root for.

It’s like people are looking for things to complain about. Unless it’s a thread on a specific It’s not even discussion anymore, it’s just whining because it’s a never ending refrain about the same stuff, like this thread

Reaction Score
I sorta blame Geno for announcing years ago that he was always pursuing a perfect game, using John Wooden’s quote “If you reach for perfection you can achieve greatness”. For him to desire perfection is fine but the problem we have now is that fans expect perfection in everything.

UConn could be up 30 in a game and the perfectionists are still complaining about a turnover, the arc on Meg’s shot, and my personal favorite, the fact Phee falls away on her shot. I don’t care if the Huskies bounce the ball off their heads or fall down when they shoot as long as they keep running up 20, 30 point leads. Elsewhere in the basketball universe, that’s considered a monumental lead but in UConn Country, it’s a squeaker.

I admire the restraint of our friends that root for other teams. They must think we’re nuts fretting over 20+ road wins when the leading scorer has a bad shooting night. I hear you collectively rolling your eyes at the hysteria but I appreciate your discretion
Fans expect what fans expect. We are all allowed to have whatever point of view we want. IMO that's part of what is fun about it. The "flavor" doesn't have to be vanilla, it can be like "Baskin and Robbins' 31 flavors". Is this blog site able to deal with that diversity of ideas and expectations?

I'm rooting for a NC. I am looking for improvement in the team, that will put them in that position this year. That's it. I'm not anti the history of the program or the coaches or players. None of it. People can think anything they want. If we were at the game together, we would all be cheering for UConn women.

When I worked for UPS, people would fuss because it took 3 days instead of 2 to get from Maryland to North Carolina. We created those expectations. We were proud of what we established. Keep it moving! Just keep doing the best you can to give the service that is promised.

I think this UConn team can win it all! All conversations should start with, "well, UConn has the best players..." I believe that. Likewise, best coach in the women's game and best program....
I want to talk about things they can do to get there.

Reaction Score
I also think that every other AAC team we play is going to do their best to beat us up, literally. We have been known as a finesse style team but that doesn't work when you are getting manhandled and a lot of them are being "missed" by the officials. I am thinking that Geno doesn't have an answer to this type of play and it is probably hard to prepare for.
And to me the proof of how our future opponents are going to play us, when have we seen a player go after a Husky like that Tulane player went after CD (other than ND)? It certainly made an impact on CD!!! Expect more...

...how did Meghan Culmo put it, right after the game. The game Temple just finished should be a "confidence boost" for them for the remainder of the AAC conference play. As we know, this is a recurring theme the teams UConn play.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Here’s the thing - it’s the new reality. Fans have two choices: learn to live with it or bitch and moan about everything, making themselves and others unhappy. Actually, there’s a third choice - go find a new team to root for.

It’s like people are looking for things to complain about. Unless it’s a thread on a specific It’s not even discussion anymore, it’s just whining because it’s a never ending refrain about the same stuff, like this thread
Or it's someone whining about the whining.

Reaction Score
Why do u think this team can “win it all”. This group has showed us they cannot win it all. This group has shown us they are nice, polite girls, that work hard and win a lot of games. They have not proved they can win it all. No player has been willing to step up and truly lead. Two years ago Chong had to be the one to try to make the big play with the game on the line! Last year when the game was on the line who put the team on there back? Essentially This year we are minus Stevens, Kia and Gabby and plus a freshman CW. One would think we are at a bigger disadvantage from a year or two ago....
Sure we can win it all but it’s going to take a player( Ahem LOU) to be our Danny Manning or Melo and do everything in every big game.
Which other team has PROVED that they can win it all this season?

Reaction Score

I'm not sure what you expect a fan to do................what is the purpose of this forum? Should we all sit back and tell stories of past glories when we see things are not going along as usual or analyze the situation and discuss it in a rational manner?

Reaction Score

Which team are you watching? Pheesa (my fave, BTW) an “average” athlete? These days a bad game for her is a double double with “only” 15 points. Did you see her completely own Cal’s Anigwe, who is bigger and has a higher PPG average? Do you take note of her cuts to the basket, her fade-away jumpers, etc. Hardly a wasted movement, one of the cleanest, most elegant players I’ve ever seen, And she can do it for 40 minutes if you ask her to. I could go on about KLS, MW, CW, etc., but I think I’ve made my point.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
When we play teams that have "edgy" players, nearly everyone on the board complains vociferously that our kids are being beat up. But now I am hearing you and a few others say we should be more "edgy". We are too nice? We cannot have it both ways; we can play rough but they can't? If you are not careful, you will become a Notre Dame fan. This is what we hear from them after every game. Notre Dame plays 'edgy", and everyone else cheats and fouls. I want good kids who play well and are competitive. The kind UConn has now, and has always recruited. Please do not wish for nasty brats, you might get what you ask for. Head bang
Where do you hear this?

Reaction Score
My final comment (I hope anyway) to this Thread..

This Team is not playing their A Game right now...we all see that and want it to turn around... but we should recall this is the same group of players who beat the #1 team in the country by 18 points, in their house, in front of a full house of fans nearly all of them wearing a gawd awful shade of green. They still have the skills, abilities and Team work they displayed that day... it's just out of sync. I do not know why, but I have confidence they will smooth things out as the conference season progresses and will be churning along again by season's end.

the glass is half FULL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99