Warde/Kevin | The Boneyard

Warde/Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

storrsbred1

Anyone see WM chatting up KO at the women's game? Warde was chatting and smiling/laughing and Kevin didn't look like he was even interested in talking. Body language between the two was not good IMO.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i wish KO would beat that guys ass until he either fixes the situations that need to be fixed or leaves this state right now.

Reaction Score
Probably pissed this jackazz costing program talent because of this goofy contract deal.

Anyone see WM chatting up KO at the women's game? Warde was chatting and smiling/laughing and Kevin didn't look like he was even interested in talking. Body language between the two was not good IMO.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how you can come to that particular conclusion. They attended the game together and the camera happened to catch them with Warde smiling and Kevin not smiling. I'd say if Kevin wanted no part of him, he'd have politely declined to attend the game with, or sit next to, Warde...

S

storrsbred1

I'm not sure how you can come to that particular conclusion. They attended the game together and the camera happened to catch them with Warde smiling and Kevin not smiling. I'd say if Kevin wanted no part of him, he'd have politely declined to attend the game with, or sit next to, Warde...

It's called an opinion, which was so stated.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's called an opinion, which was so stated.
Yep and mine was I don't see how any one can draw that conclusion given a 3 second camera flash of the two of them sitting there chatting. To say "the body language was not good" is as useful an observation of a 3 second flash as stating it looked like Warde was trying to give Ollie a hand job.

There are plenty of reasons for UCONN fans to be disappointed in Warde (ie. not giving Ollie more than a 1 year contract), but to make some kind of assumption from 3 seconds on camera is just looking for something to pick about.

C

Chief00

I got a lot throwback for saying the same thing in another post. KO clearly doesn't dig Warde. I think he should play the game but that's not his style. KO avoided Warde after the MSU game when Warde tried to get some ESPN time. Turned down his invitation to the football game, etc.

Reaction Score
KO looked like he took a crap when Andy Katz told him that WM though he did a great job in the MS game. I do not think this means he does not like WM it just means he does not want that to be the story this year and it pisses him off when it is. That said I think as much as KO does not like people - he most likely thinks WM is a bit of a stuck up ego centric tosser- but that is just IMHO.

Reaction Score
He doesn't look happy here either. Draw your own conclusions

8290761.jpeg

Reaction Score
This thread is ****ing stupid.

I can't wait till this thing is resolved one way or another, just so I don't have to read everyone's uninformed opinion on the subject.

Reaction Score
Look, KO is headed in the right direction but there's no reason to go nuts over this win. WM probably needs to see some successful recruiting and 2-3 months of good progress before committing a 3 year deal. Is that unreasonable? Don't think so because if things don't go well, more than one person will be criticizing WM for jumping the gun. 6 months ago I don't remember most people asking that KO get a long term deal if he was to be coach, but just a shot.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
let's send warde some nice, respectful emails telling him he better sign ollie to a multi year deal bc this one year bs is costing us recruits and making the story about him and not the team. bc donny marshall also said there will most likely be a mutiny if ollie is not the coach

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Look, KO is headed in the right direction but there's no reason to go nuts over this win. WM probably needs to see some successful recruiting and 2-3 months of good progress before committing a 3 year deal. Is that unreasonable? Don't think so because if things don't go well, more than one person will be criticizing WM for jumping the gun. 6 months ago I don't remember most people asking that KO get a long term deal if he was to be coach, but just a shot.
ollie recruited shabazz and the years after... he has samuel coming in and how are the recruits going to commit if he might not be here next year?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think KO is much more upset kids left the program than the terms of his contract. Although given his passion for the program and the ability to build upon JC's legacy I'm sure he's upset recruiting is impacted by the short term contract. But KO is a class act and I doubt he would show disrespect to anyone let alone the guy who decides his future. It just doesn't make sense.

Reaction Score
ollie recruited shabazz and the years after... he has samuel coming in and how are the recruits going to commit if he might not be here next year?

Ollie had nothing to do with anyone from that freshmen class, he wasn't here yet.

Reaction Score

Not sure how you could say WM needs to see some successful recruiting before committing to KO beyond this year when the situation he has put KO in is doing its best to crush recruiting efforts.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Ollie had nothing to do with anyone from that freshmen class, he wasn't here yet.
really? i guess i think that they came in together... alright boats class and omars

Reaction Score
really? i guess i think that they came in together... alright boats class and omars

his first year coaching was with Bazz but Sellers had already put in the work for Bazz on that end. LaFleur was the main guy for Boat, I think DeAndre was KO's first snag.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
his first year coaching was with Bazz but Sellers had already put in the work for Bazz on that end. LaFleur was the main guy for Boat, I think DeAndre was KO's first snag.
damn it, alright i couldve sworn ollie was with boat too... but regardless if it's floating around that recruits want to play for ollie and his current contract is keeping recruits from coming here it needs to be changed asap... all the competing coaches are using it against him

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
damn it, alright i couldve sworn ollie was with boat too... but regardless if it's floating around that recruits want to play for ollie and his current contract is keeping recruits from coming here it needs to be changed asap... all the competing coaches are using it against him

Reaction Score
WM probably needs to see some successful recruiting and 2-3 months of good progress before committing a 3 year deal. .

That is a stacked deck against KO if you are basing it on recruiting. The fact that he got the two kids he did is amazing. How is a coach with a 7 or 8 month contract supposed to get a kid to commit when he cant even say he will be there past mid March???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom