Walking Dead Season 5 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 5

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I LOVE Daryl & Carol & therefore, could not help but love Sunday's episode as well. Was deeply relieved that Daryl saved Noah from the walker, as I grew pretty fond of him too. I am soooooo looking forward to the posse riding in to the hospital of rape & hopelessness with guns blazing to liberate Carol & Beth. Noah will prove very valuable in that regard, knowing the "lay of land". Can't wait!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Episode didn't turn out the way I thought it might. I thought they may set up Carol as a Trojan Horse (to protect Beth) while Daryl and Noah go back to get help. But now it looks like Beth will have to protect Carol until they get back. We'll see how tough Beth really is. Wonder if both of them will make it out?? Like Dan said somebody's gotta die. I could see one of them giving their life for the other. Not sure which way it would go though (the writers would take it).

I was thinking though at the end when Noah told Daryl they would need weapons and manpower to get Beth and Carol back and Daryl said "we got that". Daryl doesn't realize that half the weapons and manpower left for DC. Only Rick, Michonne, Tyreese, Sonya, Carl and the Preacher (along with Judith) are back at the church (and Bob's dead). I imagine Carl will have to stay behind to protect Judith (and the Preacher). I guess an assault of Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Tyreese, Sonya and Noah will be pretty formidable. Tyreese and Michonne seem much better against walkers than humans though. If I were them I'd feel much better with Glenn, Abraham, Maggie and Rosita along.

Well they are on the way back to the church, right? Not sure whether they make it in time. I don't see anybody going "guns blazing" into that hospital. It's too well guarded and fortified. The approach will be more subtle than that. Two episodes left, so I think it drags out over both, with both the story inside (Beth & Carol) and outside, as the crew lines up a plan to get them both back.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well they are on the way back to the church, right? Not sure whether they make it in time. I don't see anybody going "guns blazing" into that hospital. It's too well guarded and fortified. The approach will be more subtle than that. Two episodes left, so I think it drags out over both, with both the story inside (Beth & Carol) and outside, as the crew lines up a plan to get them both back.
I don't know if they are going to go back to the church or not??? There was no indication, yet, that they were heading back. If Eugene's idea that DC is the safest place, then it might be the place to go, if you're going to go somewhere. However the urgency to get there is not quite the same now. ????

Yea, I imagine it'll be 2 episodes to finish the hospital story.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Well, a solid effort last night, even if little is resolved. They will leave us hanging at the half-season mark next week I'm sure. I liked the split of time between the church, Atlanta and the folks on the way to DC. I think they will come back to the church to regroup. Nothing else makes sense. Even Eugene didn't want to split up the group.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, a solid effort last night, even if little is resolved. They will leave us hanging at the half-season mark next week I'm sure. I liked the split of time between the church, Atlanta and the folks on the way to DC. I think they will come back to the church to regroup. Nothing else makes sense. Even Eugene didn't want to split up the group.
Yea, last night was just a set up for the midseason finale. Not a lot happened. I don't think I like the bouncing around as much as the single group episodes. But that's just me. I realize they had to do that last night to get everyone moving in the same direction, sorta. Not sure when the Abraham group will catch up with the Rick group. Don't know that it will happen next week.

I wonder if Morgan might help out Gabriel??

Still not sure Beth AND Carol make it out of there.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I thought a lot of stuff happened in last night's episode...none of it was what I was expecting to happen, tho (with the exception of Eugene regaining consciousness). Dawn is a puzzle wrapped in a paradox. She tells Beth that she has "killed that woman", but then gives her permission & the keys so she can help Carol. Lots of bonding happened with the DC group. I agree that that they go back to the church which has become a sanctuary considering the reinforced windows & doors. Anyone know what they are planning to use the pipes of the organ for? We may have to wait til after the break to find out what Gabriel is up to. Not sure why he would sneak out...alone, wounded & unarmed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought a lot of stuff happened in last night's episode...none of it was what I was expecting to happen, tho (with the exception of Eugene regaining consciousness). Dawn is a puzzle wrapped in a paradox. She tells Beth that she has "killed that woman", but then gives her permission & the keys so she can help Carol. Lots of bonding happened with the DC group. I agree that that they go back to the church which has become a sanctuary considering the reinforced windows & doors. Anyone know what they are planning to use the pipes of the organ for? We may have to wait til after the break to find out what Gabriel is up to. Not sure why he would sneak out...alone, wounded & unarmed.
I imagine the pipes were used as "walker traps" (fly traps). The walkers come up and get stuck on them. Kind of like they had at the prison and Morgan had back in that town.

I read in an interview that Gabriel wasn't necessarily trying to escape, but rather check out some stuff on the group. e.g. in the preview they showed him at the building where Gareth and gang were eating Bob. Looks like he finds what's left of the leg. Maybe he is trying to see if it was true they were cannibals?? He may not actually believe it?? This might make him trust Rick's group more??

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Anyone think Eugene died?
No not really. I thought maybe for a second, when he was groaning/gurgling like a walker. But since he didn't immediately attack Maggie when she went over. Besides they would have realized he had stopped breathing probably at some point. They were checking on him occasionally. Probably better story arc if he lives anyway. More friction between the characters.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
No not really. I thought maybe for a second, when he was groaning/gurgling like a walker. But since he didn't immediately attack Maggie when she went over. Besides they would have realized he had stopped breathing probably at some point. They were checking on him occasionally. Probably better story arc if he lives anyway. More friction between the characters.
Nah...it takes seconds for a person to turn. Maggie was with Abe for minutes. I am sure it will be great TV watching Abe save Maggie who is in Eugene's clutch. Abhe will pulverize the lying bastard.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nah...it takes seconds for a person to turn. Maggie was with Abe for minutes. I am sure it will be great TV watching Abe save Maggie who is in Eugene's clutch. Abhe will pulverize the lying bastard.
Actually the way they have been doing it, since season 1, only the worst people turn fast. Most people, it takes quite awhile.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Actually the way they have been doing it, since season 1, only the worst people turn fast. Most people, it takes quite awhile.
I hadn't noticed that! I should have to pay closer attention! Thanks for pointing that out...

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
My prediction.
Gabriel will grow a pair of balls and trust the group after what he sees out in the real world and head back to church.
Ricks group will get into some sheete at Grady.
Abrahams group will head back to church and will go into Atlanta as back up and help save the day. Abe will like that he has a new mission.
But Carol is a goner. It has to be her. I don't see them killing off any other character at this point and her arc is relatively completed - the only thing is that its Ricks primary mission to get her back - he owes her. Talking dead is having a mystery guest and that's usually a character that bites the dust. They just had on Noah and Beth so it ain't either of them. Betting on Carol being the guest, so I think she's just gone. But of course it could be a decoy.

Reaction Score
I liked the first Beth hospital episode, but really that episode marked the shows return to slow boil laborious plots with inexplicable character choices. This last episode was simply boring and I fear they are going to make this hospital standoff spread into the 2nd half of the season in DIRECT contrast to the kudos they earned for quick resolution of the more interesting Terminus villains plot. The best part of the episode was a brief moment at beginning when I thought they were going to use the organ pipes to bomb the damn hospital. Instead they literally imprisoned the episode.
IN order from most to least believable;
8. Ok fine, Sasha is upset about Bob and lets her guard down with new Bob
7. New Bob couldn't have knocked her out, he needed to shove her out the window. Have her land on a convenient ledge. Too perfect that he is able to knock her perfectly unconscious. Then he doesn't take her gun?!
6. Gabriel's escape - WHY? What if he simply asked to leave, holding him prisoner has no benefit, he can't fight so who and why would they have cared?
5. Between Gabriel and new Bob I definitely had problems with the group not realizing anyone still alive is willing to go to Rick neck biting extremes to survive. They've escaped scrapes due to willingness to do whatever it takes, but then act like Batman villians in terms of expectations for various others.
4. I can see how they would have chosen the hostage rout, but they should have at least acknowledged/debated that this strategy eliminated the sneak attack strategy, whereas if the sneak attack went bad they could have retreated with hostages.
3. So Beth tries and escape and abets Noah in escaping but then is immediately back on mop duty with no penalty and even MORE trust from head pyscho?! Last chick that tried to escape was strapped to a bed and had her arm sawed off.
2. Tara's yo-yo skills were weak
1. Let's sit in the middle of the road for a day or so with thousands of Zombies less than a mile away. No chance that herd has strays or smells us once the wind changes.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My prediction.
Gabriel will grow a pair of balls and trust the group after what he sees out in the real world and head back to church.
Ricks group will get into some sheete at Grady.
Abrahams group will head back to church and will go into Atlanta as back up and help save the day. Abe will like that he has a new mission.
But Carol is a goner. It has to be her. I don't see them killing off any other character at this point and her arc is relatively completed - the only thing is that its Ricks primary mission to get her back - he owes her. Talking dead is having a mystery guest and that's usually a character that bites the dust. They just had on Noah and Beth so it ain't either of them. Betting on Carol being the guest, so I think she's just gone. But of course it could be a decoy.

Pretty close. Carol is with us, Beth is gone. Too bad, she was pretty cute and I had started to like her character. Resolves the potential love triangle with Darryl and Carol and Beth though. Called Gabriel about right, he seems on board now. Gang did go to Atlanta, but arrived too late to affect anything.

They can all decide where to go from here. I can't believe people wouldn't think to head to the coast, where you can grab a boat and be safe from Zombies and catch plenty of fish for food.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Pretty close. Carol is with us, Beth is gone. Too bad, she was pretty cute and I had started to like her character. Resolves the potential love triangle with Darryl and Carol and Beth though. Called Gabriel about right, he seems on board now. Gang did go to Atlanta, but arrived too late to affect anything.

They can all decide where to go from here. I can't believe people wouldn't think to head to the coast, where you can grab a boat and be safe from Zombies and catch plenty of fish for food.
Michonne and Andrea talked about it. But never went there.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
My heart was broken TWICE yesterday; we lost to Texas (I was there) & then we lost Beth.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Michonne and Andrea talked about it. But never went there.

My thinking is to find a nice marina, fortify the area leading to the docs, and then everybody can pick a boat to live/sleep on. Maybe get one, gas it up and make it the escape boat if they break through the barricade. If you can find a small island and clear it, it would be pretty much zombie proof.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My thinking is to find a nice marina, fortify the area leading to the docs, and then everybody can pick a boat to live/sleep on. Maybe get one, gas it up and make it the escape boat if they break through the barricade. If you can find a small island and clear it, it would be pretty much zombie proof.
Until somebody died. ;)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sharks....drop em over the side with a dash of blood.

Uhhh...

zombie-sharks.jpg

Reaction Score
Pretty good mid-season finale.
A+ for immediately resolving the escaped cop and the car hit was fantastic
A for Rick's presentation of hostage trade, "my people are close"
C for Priest unleash of walkers and return to church, just no reason to let him in
A return of Fire Truck just in time, everyone loves fire trucks
B+ sad to see Beth go although Maggie's awakened interest was botched, but Daryl's was spot-on and cool. Pleased that they kept Carol the more interesting character.
D- the sewing job on Beth's face
Happy to be wrong about them bogging down at hospital!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom