Walking Dead Season 5 second half | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 5 second half

Reaction Score
Watched it this morning. Bad episode. Bad start to second half. I enjoyed last week's episode until last 15 minutes. This one was just bad throughout.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Watched it this morning. Bad episode. Bad start to second half. I enjoyed last week's episode until last 15 minutes. This one was just bad throughout.
How so???

Reaction Score
'Television Viewership: Viewership dropped by 22% for “The Walking Dead” this week leading many to believe the series is getting tired. We’ll just have to see how the trend continues going forward. Also, “Face Off” has its episode watched by over a million viewers for the first time in three weeks.'

The Walking Dead – 12,267,000
Stalker – 6,740,000
Gotham – 6,190,000
The Talking Dead – 5,069,000
Sleepy Hollow – 4,470,000
The Flash – 4,010,000
Arrow – 2,901,000
Supernatural – 2,090,000
Aliens in the Attack – 2,087,000
Pretty Little Liars – 2,045,000
Legend of Superstition 1,521,000
The Originals – 1,440,000
Dragon Ball Z: Kai – 1,285,000
Face Off – 1,076,000
Pokémon: XY – 1,016,000
Ghost Adventures – 846,000
12 Monkeys – 660,000

(Link)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The models on Face Off this week were nude. Of course viewership was up.

Re: Walking Dead...it seemed they just left the hospital which I assume was still Atlanta. Suddenly they are on the Potomac? The lack of time reference is weak. Plus, a tornado in what I must assume was Virginia? Eh.

And Aaron and Eric are gay? Okaaaay. I can't envision a potentialevil coming.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The models on Face Off this week were nude. Of course viewership was up.
Didn't see it. The point I was making, according to the link site, viewership for TWD was down...not that the viewership for 'Face Off' was up, for whatever reason.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
'Television Viewership: Viewership dropped by 22% for “The Walking Dead” this week leading many to believe the series is getting tired. We’ll just have to see how the trend continues going forward. Also, “Face Off” has its episode watched by over a million viewers for the first time in three weeks.'

The Walking Dead – 12,267,000
That was for 2/15, when it went up against SNL40 (23,136,000). This week against the Oscars (37, 257,000), it was up to 13,438,000. Up 9%. We'll have to see how it does this week when it's not up against such stiff competition.

Also Greg Nicotero is directing this episode and he usually does a good job.

They just announced that the finale this season will be a 90 minute episode.

Reaction Score
That was for 2/15, when it went up against SNL40 (23,136,000). This week against the Oscars (37, 257,000), it was up to 13,438,000. Up 9%. We'll have to see how it does this week when it's not up against such stiff competition.

Also Greg Nicotero is directing this episode and he usually does a good job.

They just announced that the finale this season will be a 90 minute episode.
It was the only info I could find. Thanks for the heads-up. Would you give me the link so I can review the information without making further mistakes? Thanks.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Re: Walking Dead...it seemed they just left the hospital which I assume was still Atlanta. Suddenly they are on the Potomac? The lack of time reference is weak.
They mentioned it had been about 2 weeks since they left Atlanta. TWD doesn't really spell everything out like lots of shows do, you kind of have to keep up. For instance when Glenn knew where the 2nd battery was in the RV, they didn't explain how he knew. But if you've watched the show you knew. And it was a nice nod to Dale.

Plus, a tornado in what I must assume was Virginia? Eh.
They get some. Granted it's not tornado alley or anything, but they average about 7 a year.

And Aaron and Eric are gay? Okaaaay. I can't envision a potentialevil coming.
After the kiss, you're questioning that? Yes, it's right out of the comics.

And there is an evil coming. An evil like we haven't seen. Probably not til next season though.

Reaction Score
The scene after the cold open with Rick & Congresswoman leader (formerly madame President from 24?) was outstanding. One of the best one-on-one scenes they've ever done.
I liked them coming back from commercial breaks with similar videos with Michonne, Carol (sandbagging it!), Darryl and Glenn.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The scene after the cold open with Rick & Congresswoman leader (formerly madame President from 24?) was outstanding. One of the best one-on-one scenes they've ever done.
I liked them coming back from commercial breaks with similar videos with Michonne, Carol (sandbagging it!), Darryl and Glenn.
I guess Carol was sandbagging it when she put down her guns too. At the time, I just thought she was still hurting from the car accident. She's not real sure about the place yet (and maybe for good reason??).

Daryl though, I think is gonna have problems. He didn't fit in this type of society before the apocalypse. He does much better on the outside. Also at the prison he was "the man". Now he's moving way down the list. Michonne is becoming Rick's right hand man. Even given the job as deputy to the constable.

The only problem I had with the episode is they made Jessie (Alexandra Breckenridge) a blond, instead of her, I think, natural redhead. :(

And the lady playing Monroe is Tovah Feldshuh. Her bio doesn't have anything about 24. She has done a lot of Broadway work though. Maybe she'll take Beth's job as a singer??? :rolleyes:

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Either someone dies next week or Morgan reappears.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Either someone dies next week or Morgan reappears.
Possibly, but not somebody important (could be an Alexandrite - maybe something for Constable Rick to solve??). And yea, I think Morgan is supposed to make an appearance sometime. I think in the comics he was with them in Alexandria. Not sure when he caught up with them though.

Reaction Score
I guess Carol was sandbagging it when she put down her guns too. At the time, I just thought she was still hurting from the car accident. She's not real sure about the place yet (and maybe for good reason??).

Daryl though, I think is gonna have problems. He didn't fit in this type of society before the apocalypse. He does much better on the outside. Also at the prison he was "the man". Now he's moving way down the list. Michonne is becoming Rick's right hand man. Even given the job as deputy to the constable.

The only problem I had with the episode is they made Jessie (Alexandra Breckenridge) a blond, instead of her, I think, natural redhead. :(

And the lady playing Monroe is Tovah Feldshuh. Her bio doesn't have anything about 24. She has done a lot of Broadway work though. Maybe she'll take Beth's job as a singer??? :rolleyes:
Since you brought up problems with the episode I'd point out the conflict was over the 'scouts' methods of imprisoning and then torturing the 'roamer' that killed their friends. Kind of typical Walking Dead in setting up a conflict out of a totally inexplicable villain action. That said it was worth it because we got to see Glenn deck the guy.
Lots of material/opportunity for differences with Ricks' group versus an established society, so please lets explore those and have some gray area rather than simply making Alexandria's peoples obviously and inexplicably dumb.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Possibly, but not somebody important (could be an Alexandrite - maybe something for Constable Rick to solve??). And yea, I think Morgan is supposed to make an appearance sometime. I think in the comics he was with them in Alexandria. Not sure when he caught up with them though.
Just speculating based on talking dead mystery guest, so has to be someone major. It could also be the intro to a new character entirely - negan - but my guess is that happens in the finale.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Since you brought up problems with the episode I'd point out the conflict was over the 'scouts' methods of imprisoning and then torturing the 'roamer' that killed their friends. Kind of typical Walking Dead in setting up a conflict out of a totally inexplicable villain action. That said it was worth it because we got to see Glenn deck the guy.
ummmm, I don't know about that. To the Alexandria people, the walkers are still the biggest enemy. Don't think they have had to deal with the real enemy...other people as yet. Or so its seems. (How they managed that, is another question.)
But yea it was cool to see Glenn be the tough guy.

Lots of material/opportunity for differences with Ricks' group versus an established society, so please lets explore those and have some gray area rather than simply making Alexandria's peoples obviously and inexplicably dumb.
Yea, I assume one of the differences is "if" they are gonna stay, they are gonna want to beef up security and change some things around. Now it may come that they have to take over (outside forces), so it may not be an easy transfer of power. But I expect as some point, Rick will be in charge of Alexandria.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just speculating based on talking dead mystery guest, so has to be someone major. It could also be the intro to a new character entirely - negan - but my guess is that happens in the finale.
Did they say "mystery guest"? Must have missed that. I heard Kevin Smith, and was so happy about that, I must have missed the rest. Oops.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
ummmm, I don't know about that. To the Alexandria people, the walkers are still the biggest enemy. Don't think they have had to deal with the real enemy...other people as yet. Or so its seems. (How they managed that, is another question.)
But yea it was cool to see Glenn be the tough guy.
Deanna had told Rick that most of northern Virginia had been evacuated and that there weren't many alive or dead left behind. So I suppose that's how they have survived this long.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Did they say "mystery guest"? Must have missed that. I heard Kevin Smith, and was so happy about that, I must have missed the rest. Oops.
Yup. Ross Marquand (Aaron) is the other guest. Plus a surprise guest. Just double checked in case I was just super tired and misheard.

Reaction Score
I was thinking of Cherry Jones looks pretty similar to Tovah Feldshuh although their names couldn't be more different.
You could make a game out of guessing which internet picture is which woman.
[URL='http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ocregister.com%2Farticles%2Factress-381586-actor-died.html&ei=IOH0VLOCIYHfUuCAgrAB&bvm=bv.87269000,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNFvlNvWV6Qn5q1TF3x8ZcP5-LGxMw&ust=1425420706023123'] [/URL]

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Feldshuh played a pitbull defense attorney on Law and Order muliple times v. Jack McCoy

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If Daryl dies. I am DONE!
if-daryl-dies-we-riot-15.png

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I think the producers know where they're bread is buttered. Daryl, Rick and Michone aren't going anywhere. The second tier is Carl, Carol, and maybe Maggie. I think Noah is next to go. Then Abraham... Glenn maybe, but I think they are going to keep him on longer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom