Walker's Visit this weekend | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Walker's Visit this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like I said she's Notre Dames to lose. Was watching the Jordan all star Classic the other day on ESPN 3. The commentators were staying how strange it was that UCONN only had one player playing. UCONN should be attracting the best kids every year and I can't understand the life of me why all the kids seem to be flocking to the likes of Baylor Texas and Notre Dame. Rosters loaded and still continue to sign top recruiting classes every single year. Makes me think that kids are now realizing the AAC confrence is horrendous and kids in my opinion are being told to go anywhere but UCONN. Sick of uconn's dominance, and kids are being swayed away. Can't continue to stay on top without signing the top kids. That's the best way to catch up to UCONN sign all the best talent. Just my 2 cents. As much as I love my huskies I think the UCONN era is coming to a end. We will never see the dominance and the history of top recruits again. Times have finally coming to a change.

Two years ago we brought in Nurse who starts for the Canadian National team, Gabby who was top ten, Cortney who was top 15, and Edwards who was highly rated before she transferred. Last year we brought in Katie Lou#1, Collier#6, and Boykin top15. Next year we bring in Dangerfield#3 and two vastly underrated recruits. In the 2017 class we already have Lexi Gordon and Hunter, two very good recruits and if you believe the Virginia Journalist, Megan Walker#1 is very close to committing to UCONN. Yes Mike, the future doesn't look to good for UCONN.

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She did, but it was one day later than her "Great Day" tweet

There are other tweets there that could have you playing head games with yourself. Couple to the effect about in the end you have to do what's good for you. Shades of Brittany Hunter and her dad run through my mind. My advice: look away, look away! I think she's going to go down the announced line of things and we will not know until fall. Question becomes what Geno and company will do in the interim. Don't be surprised. Hmmm... where was Geno going Saturday morning?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I know this is a thread about Megan but keep in mind that Jade Williams is also realistically down to ND and UCONN now also. Jade's other two choices were Duke and Utah. Duke=Dumpster fire at the moment and Utah was always a head scratcher. Hate to be additional wet blanket but Jade might be more "significant" get for UCONN right now than Walker-just throwing that out there.

Reaction Score
... My advice: look away, look away! I think she's going to go down the announced line of things and we will not know until fall. Question becomes what Geno and company will do in the interim. Don't be surprised. Hmmm... where was Geno going Saturday morning?

We will know right after she visits Notre Dame in the Fall and gives them her verbal commitment. :mad:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I know this is a thread about Megan but keep in mind that Jade Williams is also realistically down to ND and UCONN now also. Jade's other two choices were Duke and Utah. Duke=Dumpster fire at the moment and Utah was always a head scratcher. Hate to be additional wet blanket but Jade might be more "significant" get for UCONN right now than Walker-just throwing that out there.

Coco- I'm kind of taking the same tack as you here. After the ND Awards Ceremony, Muffet was asked about the 2017 recruiting goals, and she specifically said "bigs and a guard." Yes, Ms. Walker and Evina Westbrook are (most probably) among the targeted guards but we also have a guard/wing walking on campus -- Jackie Young -- who is one fine player and is joining Marina Mabrey. So, while I'd love to procure one of them, I think those bigs (the Williams, amongst them) are really critical, for both ND and UConn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And shake it all about.

Yeah, for some of us, of a certain age, the Hokey Pokey did suggest itself. But who's the Hokey and who's the Pokey? Is Pokey Chapman still coaching? I figure she is referring to Geno's circle, because we all know that once you're in you never get out.

Reaction Score
Coco- I'm kind of taking the same tack as you here. After the ND Awards Ceremony, Muffet was asked about the 2017 recruiting goals, and she specifically said "bigs and a guard." Yes, Ms. Walker and Evina Westbrook are (most probably) among the targeted guards but we also have a guard/wing walking on campus -- Jackie Young -- who is one fine player and is joining Marina Mabrey. So, while I'd love to procure one of them, I think those bigs (the Williams, amongst them) are really critical, for both ND and UConn.

Dillon would you say that MM looks for the same kind of player as Geno or is she a bit looser when it comes to individualism among the recruits..........I have to attribute some of UConn's recent recruiting issues with the limited number of "Boot camp" ready players that are willing sacrifice all for the good of the team...............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Dillon would you say that MM looks for the same kind of player as Geno or is she a bit loser when it comes to individualism among the recruits.....I have to attribute some of UConn's recent recruiting issues with the limited number of "Boot camp" ready players that are willing sacrifice all for the good of the team.....
Since 2012 UCONN and ND have gone head to head for the following significant players. I defining head to head as where Both UCONN & ND were among the players top 3-5 finalist.
Jewell Loyd
Michaela Mabrey
Taya Reimer
Brianna Turner
Kathryn Westbeld
Katie Lou Samuelson
Arike Ogunbowale
Napheesa Collier
Erin Boley
Lauren Cox
Megan Walker
Jade Williams

Reaction Score
Since 2012 UCONN and ND have gone head to head for the following significant players. I defining head to head as where Both UCONN & ND were among the players top 3-5 finalist.
Jewell Loyd
Michaela Mabrey
Taya Reimer
Brianna Turner
Kathryn Westbeld
Katie Lou Samuelson
Arike Ogunbowale
Napheesa Collier
Erin Boley
Lauren Cox
Megan Walker
Jade Williams

It looks like ND has a distinct recruiting advantage based on that list......are we able to say why that is? Is it just a preference for the school, is it just a better fit in terms of playing time/position or is it that the ND program is a little bit more up to date in how each player is handled on a personal level.....is MM as demanding a coach as Geno.........are her practices as tough?

My feeling is that many of today's most talented players are not willing to squelch their egos for the benefit of the team nor are they willing to put out 110% when they know they can get by with 80%...........so the question is are their enough great players out there to fortify the UConn program and if not would Geno rather take less talented players and take his chances, championships be damned!!

I don't know the answer..............just asking........................

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd
Michaela Mabrey
Taya Reimer
Brianna Turner
Kathryn Westbeld
Katie Lou Samuelson
Arike Ogunbowale
Napheesa Collier
Erin Boleye
Lauren Cox
Megan Walker
Jade Williams

Muffet: 7
Geno: 2

Push: 1
Undetermined: 3

Reaction Score
It looks like ND has a distinct recruiting advantage based on that list.are we able to say why that is? Is it just a preference for the school, is it just a better fit in terms of playing time/position or is it that the ND program is a little bit more up to date in how each player is handled on a personal level.....is MM as demanding a coach as Geno....are her practices as tough?

My feeling is that many of today's most talented players are not willing to squelch their egos for the benefit of the team nor are they willing to put out 110% when they know they can get by with 80%......so the question is are their enough great players out there to fortify the UConn program and if not would Geno rather take less talented players and take his chances, championships be damned!!

I don't know the answer....just asking....
Question many have asked. While there are many reasons why recruits select others, the two hurdles UCONN has always faced are: 1) Location - Hmmm...the weather of Connecticut....or, almost anywhere else? Can you imagine, how many of those cited above, if Geno's 11 championships had taken place at Duke (to name one), would've chosen elsewhere? 2) School's history/prestige.
Despite these, 11 championships, and counting - not too shabby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom