to tell you the truth I have mixed feeling about seeing her name on the wall

Reaction Score
didn't see this posted

Why? she earned it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Megan, Liv and Crystal! Megan - AP All American first team. Liv and Crystal - honorable mention. I assume this gets Megan on the Huskies Wall of Honor...

First Team
Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon, 5-11, senior, Walnut Creek, Calif., 17.5 ppg, 9.1 apg, 8.6 rpg (30 of 30 first-place votes, 150 points)
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky, 6-2, sophomore, Cleveland, Tenn., 23.4 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 38.2 3-point % (23, 134)
Ruthy Hebard , Oregon, 6-4, senior, Fairbanks, Alaska, 17.3 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 68.5 fg%, (21, 126)
Lauren Cox, Baylor, 6-4, senior, Flower Mound, Texas, 12.5 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 2.7 blocks (20, 116)
Megan Walker,, UConn, 6-1, junior, Chesterfield, Va., 19.7 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 47.7 fg% (14, 97)

Second Team
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina, 6-5, freshman, St. Thomas, U.S.V.I., 12.5 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 60.9 fg% (6, 74)
Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M, 5-7, junior, Mansfield, Texas, 21.3 ppg, 3.5 apg, 4.3 rpg (7, 72)
Satou Sabally, Oregon, 6-4, junior, Berlin, Germany, 16.2 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 79.2 ft% (6, 71)
Aari McDonald Arizona, 5-6, junior, Fresno, Calif. 20.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 79.1 ft% (6, 69)
Dana Evans , Louisville, 5-6, junior, Gary, Ind., 18.1 ppg, 4.2 apg, 89.0 ft% (3, 69)

Third Team
Tyasha Harris, South Carolina, 5-10, senior, Noblesville, Ind., 12.1 ppg, 5.7 apg, 86.7 ft% (7, 57)
Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA, 6-0, junior, Aurora, Colo., 19.1 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 46.9 fg% (0, 39)
Kathleen Doyle, Iowa, 5-9, senior, LaGrange Park, Ill., 18.1 ppg, 6.3 apg, 4.6 rpg (1, 36)
Elissa Cunane, North Carolina State, 6-5, sophomore, Summerfield, N.C., 16.4 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 54.7 fg% (0, 32)
Kaila Charles, Maryland, 6-1 senior, Glenn Dale, Md., 14.3 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 50 fg% (0, 31)

Honorable Mention (alphabetical order)
Jaylyn Agnew, Creighton; Bella Alarie, Princeton; Te’a Cooper, Baylor; Crystal Dangerfield, UConn; Rennia Davis, Tennessee; Ciara Duffy, South Dakota; Haley Gorecki, Duke; Vivian Gray, Oklahoma State; Arella Guirantes, Rutgers; Ashley Joens, Iowa State; Stella Johnson, Rider; Ila Lane, UC Santa Barbara; Beatrice Mompremier, Miami; Olivia Nelson-Ododa, UConn ;Mikayla Pivec, Oregon State; Lindsey Pulliam, Northwestern; NaLyssa Smith, Baylor; Chante Stonewall, DePaul; Unique Thompson, Auburn; Kiana Williams, Stanford.

Reaction Score

We can’t change the criteria for making the wall but I had thought about starting a thread asking if it was up to you would staying all 4 years (or not leaving early in the case of a player who has transferred into the program) be a requirement for the wall. Initially, I thought I would like to see that but then I asked myself what if Breanna Stewart for some personal reason chose to leave after 3 years. Who would not have wanted her up on the wall in that case?

Last edited:

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
There are not 15 college basketball players better than Crystal Dangerfield. Statistics are not the only indicator of the quality of a person's play. Megan's stats are impressive but Crystal was the main reason for the team's success.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The pre-season team included Sabrina, Cox, Charles, Carter, and Mompremier. The last 3 "underperformed" relative to others.

Sabrina was unanimous. No one else was close. Cox had 23 of 30 votes.

Sabrina was named 1st team 3 times. She's on a short list with Griner, Holdsclaw, Beard, Wilson, and Stewie. Maya and Courtney Paris are the only 4-time AP first-teamers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Megan's accomplishment is that much more noteworthy because she carried the team for much of the year while it suffered through growing pains. She belongs on the wall, certainly.

Crystal's sacrifices, like those of so many point guards, didn't get their due in my opinion.

I am especially glad to see that Olivia's efforts are being recognized. I think she has unlimited potential, and hope she pulls a Megan Walker over the summer!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here are the underclassmen:

Howard (sophomore)
Walker (not coming back)
Boston (freshman)
Carter (may not come back)
Sabally (not coming back)
McDonald
Evans
Onyenwere
Cunane (sophomore)

Ok, I guess Paige has a clear path to NPOY. :D

Reaction Score
The pre-season team included Sabrina, Cox, Charles, Carter, and Mompremier. The last 3 "underperformed" relative to others.

Sabrina was unanimous. No one else was close. Cox had 23 of 30 votes.

Sabrina was named 1st team 3 times. She's on a short list with Griner, Holdsclaw, Beard, and Stewie. Maya and Courtney Paris are the only 4-time AP first-teamers.
A'ja Wilson was the last 3 time 1st team All-American before Sabrina. Rhyne Howard is on pace to be the next.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Why? she earned it.
Ok why do I have mixed feelings. . .

Well, as another poster has already mentioned it's kind of a stats thing. . . In arguably our 3 biggest games of the season how did her stats look?
1584637892284.png

13/47 shooting -27.6%
9 assists
7 TO

Then there is the disappointment of her leaving - she may have great reasons to leave. Not my place to judge. I think those banners should be for players who contributed for 4 years.

Reaction Score
I expect ONO to make that list next year..............if not first team, second team....................if PB starts she may make one of the teams as a freshman.......
What about C. Williams? Do you think she will have a bounce back year? She had a little swag her Freshman year. She seem to have loss some of that her sophomore year the limited games I saw UConn play.

Reaction Score
Yeah, she put up the "stats" in her 3 years & deserved the AA honors this year. IF AA is the criteria, then she deserves to be up there I guess. But, I personally would not place her anywhere near the UConn "greats" for many reasons - leaving after 3 years, no FF wins, didnt perform well in big games, lack of leadership at least on the court.

We get it, you're not a fan of Megan.

Reaction Score
What about C. Williams? Do you think she will have a bounce back year? She had a little swag her Freshman year. She seem to have loss some of that her sophomore year the limited games I saw UConn play.

...........more competition at her position will make it difficult to make an AA team but if she plays to her potential it's certainly possible

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
OMG, some people on this thread are so negative towards a player who achieved a status that everyone dreams of and few ever attain.

Let's think about this for a second-your dream is to play pro-basketball, you make HS All-American team, go to a great college, qualify for 2 of the Final Fours you could, become a collegiate All-American, have an opportunity to be selected in the first round and make some real money at your profession. And now many posters who will not make near the money Meg can make over the next few years want to criticize her? Most college grads, if they are lucky will get a $30k a year job. Meg will get $130K minimum in the WNBA, plus what she can get overseas. She's EARNED EVERY BIT of this accolade and deserved her name on the WALL.

Stop being so spoiled and petty about what you think you deserve as a fan. This is about the team, ranked top 5 and Meg and what she achieved in this setting. I am happy for her. I am also happy for Liv and Crystal Dangerfield.

Come on, let's strive for better and more positive support!

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
This won't be a popular opinion here and congrats to Walker, but based on performances against top teams, I would not have her as first team. My choice would have been Satou Sabally or Renia Davis. While Davis doesn't have any top wins, her performance in the games against top teams has been very good. She's just not surrounded by alot of very good players and a ton of youth.

Also, I was surprised Carter was not on the first team, especially considering all of her preseason hype.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom