Wake Forest Game THread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wake Forest Game THread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to be a negative Nancy, but until I see it in the game, I don't want to hear about how deadly we're going to be from 3-point range. We said it in 2011, we said it last year, we said it this year, and we're still 33% at best.

Reaction Score
Ok, if you mean the national basketball association then i disagree wholeheartedly. (And if he's related to you I apologize, I just can't believe you look at him and see an NBA player.)

I didn't say I look at him and see an NBA player... I said, "if..." He is obviously undersized and can't finish as well as he can because he can't go to his right. What I do see is a great passer, a solid mid-range shooter, a good screen setter. Plenty of bigs that have that skill set are NBA players.

Reaction Score
Are these announcers part of the WF broadcast team? Sure sounds like it.

Reaction Score
Plenty of bigs that have that skill set are NBA players.

First of all, he's not a "great passer." He's a better passer than Oriakhi and Okwandu, but so am I. Who's his comparison in the NBA? A 6-8 power forward with range out to maybe 18 feet, who's slow afoot and can't get off the ground? I dont see a lot of those guys.

Reaction Score
Tyler Olander has about as much chance as playing a minute in the NBA as I do, and thats not a knock on the kid. He's just not NBA material.

Now, let's talk about how stupid the two foul rule is. Who gives a if Daniels and Olander have two fouls? Tolksdorf and Nolan have no buisness playing D-1 minutes right now.

Reaction Score
Phillip Nolan... just focus on playing defense and rebounding, ok kid?

missed layup and turnover yeesh

Nolan looks like he can maybe develop into something. More upside than Wolf.

Reaction Score
First of all, he's not a "great passer." He's a better passer than Oriakhi and Okwandu, but so am I. Who's his comparison in the NBA? A 6-8 power forward with range out to maybe 18 feet, who's slow afoot and can't get off the ground? I dont see a lot of those guys.

He had four assists in each of the first two games. He is very good at standing in the high post and finding guys cutting to the hoop. Had a really good assist to Evans in the last game between two defenders. The rest of what you said is true and I see that. Again, not saying he'd be a star or even a consistent player or even have a consistent roster spot, just saying that if he could go to his right (which is a HUGE if), his game would be a lot better... Let's move on.

Reaction Score
the wake freshmen PG is going to be a real good player. he's dominated boat and bazz

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Ok, how many times are our bigs going to lose rebounds? Squeeze he damn ball!

Reaction Score
Boat to Wolf. "Was that gorgeous! Was that gorgeous!"

Yes, announcer. It was.

Reaction Score
we are up 4 after playing a pretty shaky half and giving WF like 4 runouts.

we'll be fine.

Wolf has given us some rebounding, defense, finishing at the rim. I"LL TAKE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom