Wake 3. Yawkey 0 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wake 3. Yawkey 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love the thread title by the way, kudos.
Ya, but I never got to kick that chip shot, makeable field goal.

Incidentally, which game did you watch more of today Viking ?.... Uconn- Central Florida or BC-Wake Forest ? Most Uconn fans here will probably agree with me that its the BC game,based upon your number of thread posts today on both game threads.

Reaction Score
Patriots play Dallas tomorrow, Celtics & Bruins open up soon too.... and before the BC Hockey season. Lots going on in beantown.
People there care about BC?

Reaction Score
Or... The Bruins opened Thursday... Lost 6-2 to Winnipeg.
I don't think the Bruins are play off bound this year. But the young Celtics surprised last year , making the playoffs. Do you follow the Celtics as well ? Do you think they'll make the NBA playoffs, and maybe go deeper this season ?. Stevens is a young coach, but he seems like Boston has a good one in the future with him at the helm, imo.

Reaction Score
Yawkey and nelson should start their own thread on why BC dumped this game to try to help get UConn into the ACC.

Reaction Score
Ya, but I never got to kick that chip shot, makeable field goal.

Incidentally, which game did you watch more of today Viking ?.... Uconn- Central Florida or BC-Wake Forest ? Most Uconn fans here will probably agree with me that its the BC game,based upon your number of thread posts today on both game threads.
I watched the entire UConn game, then saw the BC final score scrolled on the bottom of the ESPN feed and thought the game had just started. When I saw FINAL I pissed myself and started wondering where Yawkey was.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Most Uconn fans here will probably agree with me...
You make this assertion on a nearly daily basis.. In fact, most UConn fans have gotten the memo that agreeing with you on anything, ever, will cost us our membership.

Reaction Score
I think someone needs a hug.
I have my wife and adult children for that. BC lost a game they should have won. They;ll be more losses.... and more wins. Its been this way since I went to my first BC game in 1962. I have gone thru an 0-11 BC season, and several great seasons as well. This Wake game will be forgotten by the time I have my lunch before the Pats- Dallas game comes on at 3;45 pm.( haha!). You take the good with the bad. Its college football.. a hobby... not life and death.

Reaction Score
. When I saw FINAL I pissed myself and started wondering where Yawkey was.

Well... as you can see, I am right here. You didn't think I was one of those fair weather fans that only show up when their team wins, did you ? ( I hope you changed your underwear by now, by the way.)

Reaction Score
most UConn fans have gotten the memo that agreeing with you on anything, ever, will cost us our membership.

I doubt that. You should not be under some sort of cult control here. And my guess, you are free to agree with me on those occasions when my observations, comments match your own. Besides, there are posters who have agreed with me on something I 've said here, expressed that agreement, and have not suffered any Stalinist like purges. So don't be fearful.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I doubt that. You should not be under some sort of cult control here. And my guess, you are free to agree with me on those rare occasions when my observations, comments match your own. Besides, there are posters who have agreed with me on something I 've said here, expressed that agreement, and have not suffered any Stalinist like purges. So don't be fearful.
nope.. no way... you could quote me and I would disagree...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I thought BC played great.

Football fans are too focused on touchdowns. Sometimes a drive that ends short of the end zone can be just as satisfying as one that nets six points. The journey is the thing, you know.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
nope.. no way... you could quote me and I would disagree...
All of which is a shame really because you have a writing style that I find entertaining, even if a little dated. You seem to write with good posture. Strip away the style though, and your offerings are pompous, condescending and arrogant without any basis in reality.

Reaction Score
I thought BC played great.

The BC outstanding defense did play great today( once again ). But BC is woeful on offense now with Wade, Hillman going down the 2nd game of the season to season ending injuries. No excuse though, even with their true Frosh at QB, RB, BC should be able to beat Wake Forest. But 4 turnovers killed their chances today. Stuff happens. BC has frosh replacements at QB that arn't ready. They may never be ( haha!)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So 1940 front and center in your mind. Today forgotten.

Makes sense.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I don't know about this. I believe my most cogent creative comments/ observations tend to come when I am a bit hunched over in my chair.
No, you're sitting straight backed... and I'm pretty sure you're wearing an ascot or a cravat.

Reaction Score
You throw out the record books when Wake and BCU meet.
True enough.

Its also true :... lose the Uconn- UCF game, Uconn gets to keep the trophy they bought and paid for that nobody wants.

Win the game, Uconn gets to keep the trophy they bought and paid for that nobody wants.

You can"throw out the record books when Wake and BC meet ".... but you can't throw out a trophy at Uconn that nobody seems to want. That would not be the civil thing to do apparently.

Oh just giving some good natured ribbing back at ya's. Congrats on the victory yesterday over Central Florida.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like it or not, what BC and Cuse do matters to UCONN and visa-versa. The only way either BC or Cuse become dominant in the region is by meaningful winning and contending for conference championships. Otherwise, they look a lot like UCONN only with slightly better schedules (that they regularly lose to btw).

Diaco is starting to right this ship and if he does, UCONN attendance and recruiting will come back in line with Cuse and BC, just as it was before the stupid twins took us off the rails. I can certainly see a scenario where UCONN regularly contends for conference championships in the AAC, while Cuse and BC regularly battle Wake for their respective places in the bottom half of the ACC. Granted, the AAC does not have national contenders like FSU and Clemson, but winning against decent competition is a lot more fun than constantly losing to good competition for a fan base.

I have no idea whether UCONN will end up in either the BiG or ACC. But, if we do, BC and Cuse will be after thoughts to UCONN in the region. History shows that on a level playing field UCONN will dominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom