Wake 3. Yawkey 0 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wake 3. Yawkey 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
True enough.

Its also true :... lose the Uconn- UCF game, Uconn gets to keep the trophy they bought and paid for that nobody wants.

Win the game, Uconn gets to keep the trophy they bought and paid for that nobody wants.

You can"throw out the record books when Wake and BC meet ".... but you can't throw out a trophy at Uconn that nobody seems to want. That would not be the civil thing to do apparently.

Oh just giving some good natured ribbing back at ya's. Congrats on the victory yesterday over Central Florida.

Sounding a little bitter there Sparky...... remember, you are a guest here.

Reaction Score
Like it or not, what BC and Cuse do matters to UCONN I can certainly see a scenario where UCONN regularly contends for conference championships in the AAC, while Cuse and BC regularly battle Wake for their respective places in the bottom half of the ACC.

1) Yes... most Uconn football fans watch and follow BC al lot ( even though they tell us they don't care about BC )

2) BC, since joining the ACC, has won 2 ACC Division Titles and twice played for the league championship in the League Championship Game. If you are saying now they never will again, who knows, you could be right. Time will tell.

3) When you tell us that Uconn will be winning the AAC Title soon, they havn't yet been even remotely close to that yet. If you are saying now they will win the AAC however, and soon, who knows, you could be right. Time will tell.

4) When you tell us that Uconn will have yearly home football attendance once again that is equal ( or exceeds ) that of the yearly home attendance of BC, who knows, you could be right. Time will tell.

Or... on the other hand, you could be wrong on this too. Who knows. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
I don't think the Bruins are play off bound this year. But the young Celtics surprised last year , making the playoffs. Do you follow the Celtics as well ? Do you think they'll make the NBA playoffs, and maybe go deeper this season ?. Stevens is a young coach, but he seems like Boston has a good one in the future with him at the helm, imo.
Yawkey you lost all credibility when you had to be corrected by @Jarhead_1775 about when the Bruins started the regular season! Take care now!!!!!

Reaction Score
Sounding a little bitter there Sparky. remember, you are a guest here.
Huh ? I don't think my comments over the last 2 years here has been found to be.... " bitter " . I realize I ( and all of us ) are " guests here. My remarks here are not " bitter " at all in my own self assessment of them.. As a matter of fact, my comments here over the last 2 years are far, FAR less hostile to Uconn football, than more than half the so called " Uconn football fans " comments are on here. Thats my personal observations of remarks here anyway. And I have never once personally insulted anyone, nor used profanity, or any of that childishness toward other posters. I might engage in a ribbing or two, but certainly receive more than I give out ( and don't complain much about it... except maybe ignore most of the clearly " bitter " ones I encounter ). That said, I will monitor my remarks in the future before posting it to see if they might seem " bitter " and try to rephrase the comment before typing it.

Reaction Score
1) Yes... most Uconn football fans watch and follow BC al lot ( even though they tell us they don't care about BC )

2) BC, since joining the ACC, has won 2 ACC Division Titles and twice played for the league championship in the League Championship Game. If you are saying now they never will again, who knows, you could be right. Time will tell.

3) When you tell us that Uconn will be winning the AAC Title soon, they havn't yet been even remotely close to that yet. If you are saying now they will win the AAC however, and soon, who knows, you could be right. Time will tell.

4) When you tell us that Uconn will have yearly home football attendance once again that is equal ( or exceeds ) that of the yearly home attendance of BC, who knows, you could be right. Time will tell.

Or... on the other hand, you could be wrong on this too. Who knows. Time will tell.

Please stop truncating my posts in your replies. It looks to me you do it to facilitate your point.

1) I never said most UCONN fans follow BC football. DO NOT attribute statements to me that I did not make! If you do it again I will formerly petition the mods to have you banned.
2) In BCs first two years of entering the ACC they did play in the ACC championship game. They did that in a weakened ACC with probably the best QB in school history in Matt Ryan. Since then BC has not been competitive in conference and from the looks of things yesterday, the next Matt Ryan isn't readily at hand.
3) See #1 above. I've been a respected poster on UCONN boards for over 15 years. The mods might listen to me or they might not, but I am sure they will listen to me before they do you. So cut the crap. I never said UCONN will be winning the AAC soon, I clearly stated that it is likely they content for AAC championships in a weaker conference before BC and Cuse do in a tougher one.
4) In UCONN's short history of 1A football, when playing decent football attendance rivaled that of BC and Cause who have been playing football at that level for much longer.

Reaction Score
Please stop truncating my posts in your replies. It looks to me you do it to facilitate your point.

1) I never said most UCONN fans follow BC football. DO NOT attribute statements to me that I did not make! If you do it again I will formerly petition the mods to have you banned.
2) In BCs first two years of entering the ACC they did play in the ACC championship game. They did that in a weakened ACC with probably the best QB in school history in Matt Ryan. Since then BC has not been competitive in conference and from the looks of things yesterday, the next Matt Ryan isn't readily at hand.
3) See #1 above. I've been a respected poster on UCONN boards for over 15 years. The mods might listen to me or they might not, but I am sure they will listen to me before they do you. So cut the crap. I never said UCONN will be winning the AAC soon, I clearly stated that it is likely they content for AAC championships in a weaker conference before BC and Cuse do in a tougher one.
4) In UCONN's short history of 1A football, when playing decent football attendance rivaled that of BC and Cause who have been playing football at that level for much longer.

Ok... thanks for clarifying your remarks. I too think Uconn could reach or exceed BC's home football attendance in the future if they win more football games. Uconn is a bigger school, has bigger student enrollments, has far more of its alums living in Connecticut, and has no pro teams within its state, nor within an hour of its largest city, where it plays its games. As such, there is little to no excuse for not drawing more fans than BC to its football games when its fan base potential is much larger than BC's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok, thanks for clarifying your remarks. I think I get from the central theme of your remarks, that BC is headed for bad days in football in the future, and Uconn is headed to much better things in its future in football. Would this be a more accurate assessment now of your remarks from me, would you say ?

Stop duck*ing around man......... It's really tired!

Reaction Score
Leaning near the goal line is a good metaphor for both BC&Cuse.

They have obsolescent facilities and limited fanbases. They won't recruit to compete even with the ACC extra dollars. In my view, in spite of the lower AAC, UConn still has a far higher ceiling. State University with Global Ranking is where we are heading. BC is a nice little Catholic niche in a world that parents have a tough time getting their kids to go to Mass.

BTW. How good could Wake's Defense be?

Reaction Score

All we need to know... last BCS game. Oh wait, never.

Reaction Score
Ok... thanks for clarifying your remarks. I too think Uconn could reach or exceed BC's home football attendance in the future if they win more football games. Uconn is a bigger school, has bigger student enrollments, has far more of its alums living in Connecticut, and has no pro teams within its state, nor within an hour of its largest city, where it plays its games. As such, there is little to no excuse for not drawing more fans than BC to its football games when its fan base potential is much larger than BC's.

Great. Now you're editing posts after they have a response.

Moods, honestly, this poster simply pollutes these threads to the point where any attempt at reasonable discourse becomes impossible.

Reaction Score
The 'Yard has an Ignore feature. If Yawkey bugs you that much, then use it.

Because he intentionally mis-states what I and others post. And editing posts after they have been responded to is beyond juvenile.

Reaction Score
Moods, honestly, this poster simply pollutes these threads to the point where any attempt at reasonable discourse becomes impossible.

Are you having some sort of"mood" swing this morning ? if so, relax. Uconn won the 1st annual Civil Conflict Game yesterday, and get to keep the trophy for this year. So be happy. Besides, in the spirit of the weekend, I have been been very civil ... even in my occasional ribbing repartee in response to the occasional ribbing of me. If you can't handle the commentary and the ribbing, then find another thread ( or poster ) to your personal liking, and stop with your complaining and whininess. its unbecoming, imo. Besides, as you can see, this a thread not started by me, but its about me. I should have the right to chuckle with it too as a result, if I want too it would seem to me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
. BC is a nice little Catholic niche in a world that parents have a tough time getting their kids to go to Mass.

Probably true, but if we are honest with ourselves here, Uconn Alums that are Catholic ( as well as all other secular college Alums that are Catholic) that are likewise parents of 18-45 year olders are having trouble getting their kids to go to Catholic Mass these days now too. Would I be right on this ? ...( or wrong ?)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He even loves the fact a thread was created with his screen name in it. Way to boost his ego.

Reaction Score
Yawkey Way said:
Probably true, but if we are honest with ourselves here, Uconn Alums that are Catholic ( as well as all other secular college Alums that are Catholic) that are likewise parents of 18-45 year olders are having trouble getting their kids to go to Catholic Mass these days now too. Would I be right on this ? ...( or wrong ?)

Neither you missed the point entirely. As usual.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yawkey, I may be talking to a wall here but I will try to clarify a couple of points for you. No one here is 'ribbing you' or engaging in sporting repartee. You are more likely to be kicked in the ribs forcefully and repeatedly. Nor are we, the UConn fans, preoccupied with you or with the venal pack of hypocrites that you root for. You have pitched a tent in our living room and regaled us with thinly disguised contempt for UConn football including a list of 'reasonable' concessions Ct should make to BC to restart a series - in acknowledgement of your delusional perspective of BC's superior status. You repeatedly manufacture quotes and opinions from both individual posters and from some mythical BC loving UConn fan that exists only in your imagination. You try to hide behind a mask of friendly conversation but we all see through it; you are not a friend of any friend of UConn football. You obviously crave attention but I strongly suggest you look for it elsewhere. Surely there's another BC fan somewhere with whom you can happily exchange lies about UConn

Reaction Score
Ya, but I never got to kick that chip shot, makeable field goal.

Incidentally, which game did you watch more of today Viking ?.... Uconn- Central Florida or BC-Wake Forest ? Most Uconn fans here will probably agree with me that its the BC game,based upon your number of thread posts today on both game threads.

Neither as I spent my day outside chasing around a dozen kindergartners playing soccer most of the afternoon. That said, when I got home, I went on this thing called the internet and looked up some scores. Read UConn first, made me happy. Saw that it has taken Harbaugh little time getting Michigan back on its feet. Glad that Navy gave ND a good fight. Surprised that Rutgers gave State a problem, too. Willing to bet that Texas shocking Oklahoma is a problem for the XII as the Sooner had the brand value to get into the playoffs with a loss. Then that 3 to 0 score just stuck out like a sore thumb. I thought it was a baseball playoff score. Nope. Just tow football programs with more of an inept offense than UConn.

Reaction Score
Are you having some sort of"mood" swing this morning ? if so, relax. Uconn won the 1st annual Civil Conflict Game yesterday, and get to keep the trophy for this year. So be happy. Besides, in the spirit of the weekend, I have been been very civil ... even in my occasional ribbing repartee in response to the occasional ribbing of me. If you can't handle the commentary and the ribbing, then find another thread ( or poster ) to your personal liking, and stop with your complaining and whininess. its unbecoming, imo. Besides, as you can see, this a thread not started by me, but its about me. I should have the right to chuckle with it too as a result, if I want too it would seem to me.

What's worse? A young coach trying o turn things around after 3 years of hell with the PP horror show by basically throwing a rock at biggest kid in the room (at least as of last season) in Central Florida to create some buzz via a forced one-sided rival or an entire athletic program creating a phantom national championship for its football team that they only recognize in an attempt to legitimize its claim as a football power in and outside of New England?

Reaction Score
The dreaded Misery Index:

>>6. Boston College: There is nothing in sports more deflating than being a fan of a team that does one thing really, really well and basically can’t do anything else. That is the plight of Boston College, a team that has allowed a total of 40 points in its last four games and has only one victory against Northern Illinois to show for it.

In the era of flashy offenses, Boston College seems like a prehistoric fossil of a football team. The Eagles held Florida State to 217 yards and lost. They held Duke to 228 yards and lost. They held Wake Forest on Saturday to 142 yards and lost 3-0. That’s a miserable team to watch and probably more miserable to root for because no matter how much Boston College dominates on defense, its offense is so inevitably poor that very winnable games seem impossible.

Though the Eagles were handicapped when quarterback Darius Wade broke his ankle in the Florida State game, the lack of success offensively in the ACC means this is going to be a long and painful year to watch play out. Coach Steve Addazio has built the program on his mantra of “Be a dude.” How about a new one: “Score a point.”<<

Honorable mention (Miserable, but not miserable enough): Purdue, Syracuse, N.C. State, Georgia Tech, Central Florida, South Carolina, Virginia, Wyoming, Rutgers

Reaction Score
Yawkey, . No one here is 'ribbing you' or engaging in sporting repartee. You are more likely to be kicked in the ribs forcefully and repeatedly.
You might consider taking some time off this board, my friend. Even bringing up the topic of bodily harm to another poster here might suggest you have some dan gerous mental health issues. This is college football.. a hobby... its a place for kidding, ribbing, snd yes even occasional trash talking if one is of lower class. But bringing up bodily harm issues... even potentially in jest, does cross the line. My suggestion to you is to avoid altogether any and all posts of mine. Just put me on ignore altogether. This way, there should not be any future implication of possible bodily harm, violence, and such crazed replies.

Reaction Score
What's worse? A young coach trying o turn things around after 3 years of hell with the PP horror show by basically throwing a rock at biggest kid in the room (at least as of last season) in Central Florida to create some buzz via a forced one-sided rival or an entire athletic program creating a phantom national championship for its football team that they only recognize in an attempt to legitimize its claim as a football power in and outside of New England?
Well, of course I'm a bit biased here, but I would have to say the first of the two examples is probably "worse" . I'd say the first is " worse " as it created more national embarrassment within the past year for the UConn football program.. More people nationally took note of it. The 2nd, nobody is talking about now except me, you, and a few others on here, as it took place in 1940. But.... having said this, my guess, your biases might also come to the fore and you might say the 2nd is " worse " in your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom