Wagner prediction...... | The Boneyard

Wagner prediction......

Reaction Score
First game jitters, first game rust. But that goes for both teams so I don't see a 30 point blowout. I do see a final score of around 30-10 UConn.

Reason: The team looks in better shape, more of the disillusioned have left the team and it looks like depth is starting to improve. From what I've read and seen(on TV and internet) the locker room seems to be tighter, more on the same page with the coaching staff. Now we wait to see how Beaudry(who I feel will be the starting QB by virtue of more experience) steers the ship. If he has good command of the plays and the huddle we may be pleasantly surprised.

On D, well they will be improved. All those freshmen that played last year have had the off season to bulk up and learn their position. A couple transfers(D.J. Morgan, Dillon Harris) with experience can only help the cause. Morgan didn't start at Notre Dame and Harris came from a JC school but both have a couple years of college ball experience under their belts. Besides, the whole defense has a huge chip on their shoulder and everything to prove. Being known as the worst defense in college football shouldn't and better not sit well in their guts. Now it's time for them to show guts and prove to their opponents that they are a lot better than worst.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how much scoring we will see, but I think the Huskies win it convincingly by three touchdowns. But I'll take a wild guess and call it 38-17 UConn.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how much scoring we will see, but I think the Huskies win it convincingly by three touchdowns. But I'll take a wild guess and call it 38-17 UConn.
I'm sticking with 52-14 UConn, since Central Connecticut blew out Wagner last season. Look at Wagner's season last year.

Reaction Score
Its hard to know what our defense will look like and whether we can pass the ball this year, but I am hoping for a 3 touchdown margin where our defense actually stops someone. Go Uconn!

Reaction Score
Its hard to know what our defense will look like and whether we can pass the ball this year, but I am hoping for a 3 touchdown margin where our defense actually stops someone. Go Uconn!
I think our defense should be much better than last year but if Wagner scores on their first possession it will be a long night. My guess: UConn 35 Wagner 14

Reaction Score
I think our defense should be much better than last year but if Wagner scores on their first possession it will be a long night. My guess: UConn 35 Wagner 14
I'm thinking those 14 points for Wagner come in the 4th quarter. Our offensive line will push the Wagner D all over the field. 52-14.

Reaction Score
Huskies dominate. No way Wagner makes this a competitive game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Over/Under 4.5 beers in the parking lot before the game... I am taking the over, because it's the first game back and I'm gonna be really excited. Let's go dogs!
And you’ve missed the last 3 home openers

Reaction Score
24-17 with the Wagner QB tackled for loss on the UConn 5 on the last play of the game.

Reaction Score
This UConn team is better than last year. The only problem is it’s compared to one of the worst D1 teams ever assembled. The Kool Aid this off season has been strong. Videos, tweets, locker rooms, bat signals, team, and a lot of feel good stories. Every college FB publication and every CFB reporter, has us being pitiful again. I don’t know what to believe? I want to drink the Kool Aid, but I’ve gulped it for the last 8 years. With that being said, UConn 36 Wagner 9.

Drink it , it’s good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This UConn team is better than last year, The only problem is it’s compared to one of the worst D1 teams ever assembled. The Kool Aid this off season has been strong. Videos, tweets, locker rooms, bat signals, team, and a lot of feel good stories. Every college FB publication and every CFB reporter, has us being pitiful again. I don’t know what to believe? I want to drink the Kool Aid, but I’ve gulped it for the last 8 years. With that being said, UConn 36 Wagner 9.

Drink it , it’s good.

Pass the pitcher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom