w.o. Bria & Stewie, the young guns have got to score. | The Boneyard

w.o. Bria & Stewie, the young guns have got to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
How does UConn score enough points to beat L'Ville without Bria and Stewie?

Stef and Kaleena: 20 pts each = 40 points
Kelly: 10 points
Morgan, BB and Mo: 10 pts each = 30 points
Kia and CD: 5 pts each = 10 pts

The big question is: Can Banks, Tuck and Jefferson score 30 points? Or 25? Or 20?

These guys will get plenty of minutes. And they will have a big impact on the game.

My guess is that Tuck gets 12, Banks gets 10, and Mo gets 8.

What think you?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How does UConn score enough points to beat L'Ville without Bria and Stewie?

Stef and Kaleena: 20 pts each = 40 points
Kelly: 10 points
Morgan, BB and Mo: 10 pts each = 30 points
Kia and CD: 5 pts each = 10 pts

The big question is: Can Banks, Tuck and Jefferson score 30 points? Or 25? Or 20?

These guys will get plenty of minutes. And they will have a big impact on the game.

My guess is that Tuck gets 12, Banks gets 10, and Mo gets 8.

What think you?
You think we are going to have to score 90 to beat Louisville???? I have a little more faith in our defense.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
You think we are going to have to score 90 to beat Louisville???? I have a little more faith in our defense.

No, I don't think we will need 90 points. 75 should be plenty. But I am not comfortable with less than 15 point leads.

I think the score will be 85-68. We will not be able to press as much as we would like -- because we will have only an eight player rotation.

It will be interesting to watch Kelly/Mo and BB work to shut down Shoni. I will be surprised if she get more that 15.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, I don't think we will need 90 points. 75 should be plenty. But I am not comfortable with less than 15 point leads.
I agree if we get to 75, we'll win. Depending on Hartley and Stewart's availability, you might have to be "uncomfortable" for this game.

I think the score will be 85-68. We will not be able to press as much as we would like -- because we will have only an eight player rotation.

It will be interesting to watch Kelly/Mo and BB work to shut down Shoni. I will be surprised if she get more that 15.
Don't think we will score that much (hope I'm wrong), but I haven't really looked at Louisville yet. I agree we will probably focus our defense on the big Schimmel. 15 would be a nice number for her.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Another question is:
What do the guard rotations look like?
Mo Jeff get her first start? Caroline to 2 (I know these roles are fluid in Geno's offense)
Banks for Caroline?
Caroline could deliver a big game and solve all problems

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We had trouble scoring at Louisville last year. Caroline bailed us out.

When in doubt, I look for Kaleena. She has an expanded repertoire. If she's hot--as usual--25 is easy for her.

Stef's scoring will depend on how much defensive attention she gets. If they play her straight up, I think 15+.

I look for Morgan and/or Brianna to score 10 or so.

Maybe Kiah will get more minutes and get 8 or so points.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Louisville beat Providence by only 8 and beat Rutgers in overtime. They don't take care of the ball and they don't shoot the 3 particularly well. They are not a big team and will struggle with Dolson.

I don't see them scoring more than 55 points. And I don't see them holding UConn to less than 80.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It will be an interesting game for sure. Shonni has been averaging only 13 PPG this season. they lost to depaul and "struggled" to beat Providence and Rutgers.

I agree they have no one who can stop Stef, and they also have no one who can guard KML. L'ville lost 48-47 to Kentucky. I have a hard time seeing them score over 50 against UCONN. I'm guessing the score will be more in the 70-45 range.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im not so sure we need Breanna and Bria againest LVille. I think we beat LVille pretty handlely. UConn by 30. We need Breanna and Bria next Monday againest Duke and they will get playtime on Saturday againest Cuse. This is a time for Tuck Stokes BB and MoJeff to get much needed minutes. Our defense will shut down Schimmel and Smith is not a good outside shooter. Our pressure defense will do its thing and I dont see LVille scoring over 50 pts unless Geno calls off the dogs. LVille will not keep UConn under 70. We will be fine.

Genos challange this season is to get everybody healthly and to get them the playtime needed to be ready for March. Maybe if we can get healthly be ready for Feb 18ths sellout.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Just looking at stats, Louisvilles weakness is turnovers. Their scoring and defense is pretty balanced (14th/14th). I look for Banks and Jefferson to be all over them.

Jeff Sagarin's Predictor margin is near Tonylike with a margin of +20 for UConn.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Just looking at stats, Louisvilles weakness is turnovers. Their scoring and defense is pretty balanced (14th/14th). I look for Banks and Jefferson to be all over them.

Jeff Sagarin's Predictor margin is near Tonylike with a margin of +20 for UConn.

Not to mention Kelly and her defense and team leading steals.

Reaction Score
Uconn might be exposed this game with two of the main offensive threats out of the game. Without these two ladies, the offense will mainly be Dolson, KML, and Faris. Doty, Jefferson, Tuck, Banks, and Stokes will all contribute valuable minutes. HOwever, with Banks as the only other offensive threat, and Faris's long lasting reputation for not being a huge offensive threat, the huskies could be exposed. It might just be a much closer game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom