2024 Recruiting: - VJ Edgecombe receives offer from UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: VJ Edgecombe receives offer from UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Smooth and explosive, good hops and around the 4:30 and on area he shows equal ability to drive and score with his left hand. Very impressive. "Long arms". Oh yeah!

If he is making these upward explosions in the rankings he has motivation.
And he has even more upside and is brimming with confidence.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hate to read too much into it but it also might mean they have great vibes from Nowell already and Are keeping it under wraps. We’ll see.
Tom is watching him right now. I’m actually kinda surprised the full court press isn’t continuing, but they might just feel like it’s wrapped up.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted:
Edgecombe broke down a few schools in loved in his recruitment with 247Sports.

Duke: “It felt great to get that offer. Every kid dreams to get a blue blood offer so it felt great for them to offer and to know who I am. With that being said I’m still treating them like every other school and showing them the same amount of love as any other school.”

Kentucky: “That relationship has been cool so far. I’ve spoken to some of the coaching staff and it’s great seeing them but they haven’t offered yet. Hopefully they offer but for now we’re just building a relationship.”

UConn: “It was great to get a UConn offer. They used to come around my school a lot because Jayden Ross committed there. It was great when they offered me and they just won a national championship.

As of now Edgecombe is in no rush for any decisions is still fully open in his recruitment.

“I have no visits right now, I’m just waiting,” he said. “I’ll probably take visits after I cut down my list because the I’ll know where I want to visit. You only get five so I want to cut down my list and make sure I have the chance to check out every school I’m considering.”

Reaction Score

Duke: “It felt great to get that offer. Every kid dreams to get a blue blood offer so it felt great for them to offer and to know who I am. With that being said I’m still treating them like every other school and showing them the same amount of love as any other school.”

Kentucky: “That relationship has been cool so far. I’ve spoken to some of the coaching staff and it’s great seeing them but they haven’t offered yet. Hopefully they offer but for now we’re just building a relationship.”

UConn: “It was great to get a UConn offer. They used to come around my school a lot because Jayden Ross committed there. It was great when they offered me and they just won a national championship.

As of now Edgecombe is in no rush for any decisions is still fully open in his recruitment.

“I have no visits right now, I’m just waiting,” he said. “I’ll probably take visits after I cut down my list because the I’ll know where I want to visit. You only get five so I want to cut down my list and make sure I have the chance to check out every school I’m considering.”

Love to see us on a list with UK and Duke. It's where we belong.

Reaction Score

Here's the link to that article.

Here's another one from On3.

Connecticut: “The conversations with UConn are good. We had a player at my high school (Jayden Ross) go there, so I heard a lot about it. I saw them around all the time, and they showed me love from day one, and I really appreciate that.”

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He’s a top guy in multiple places. And these quotes don’t hurt:

“I want to go to a winning culture, play for a team that wins. I want to play for a team that plays hard and plays together. I’ll need to have a great relationship with the coaching staff and play for someone I trust.”

“I feel I can fit into any system, really, so how they play won’t really matter as much. I do want to play for a team and a coach that plays defense, though.”

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Also of note, they show an “industry rankings” which is a weighted average of the 4 major services.

Seems there’s always some complaining about on3 rankings but this composite tells the full picture. Edge is 16 and just off a 5 star, Nnongba is 26. Betsey 30, Nowell 40.

Coaches are loading up on talent.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Also of note, they show an “industry rankings” which is a weighted average of the 4 major services.

Seems there’s always some complaining about on3 rankings but this composite tells the full picture. Edge is 16 and just off a 5 star, Nnongba is 26. Betsey 30, Nowell 40.

Coaches are loading up on talent.
Ngongba *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member