Vital | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Vital

Reaction Score
And when we saw Christian defer to Bouk in prior games, we saw Bouk rely on CV at crunch time time today.

Reaction Score
Appreciate all the good vibe for CV. This from one of the very few on this board who has been in his corner since day one
He is a Husky through and through
His hustle and desire takes a backseat to none who EVER wore the UConn uniform
To me he is the AAC POY no matter what happens from this day on
I have to laugh at many on this thread who have shredded this young man here and on the chat room now considering CV as the greatest thing since sliced bread. JSMH
CV has been one of my favorites since the day he hit those free throws vs Cuse
I am so happy to look a few rows down and see JA sitting there and going crazy for CV - those guys are awesome
(Seeing Bazz was icing on the cake)
Always loved cv especially after sophomore year. He was always running his yap and starting fights. Jc would love this kids fire!!! He wasn’t a 4* cruit but Calhoun would have given this kid a uniform for maybe all but the 2004 team. I really liked Rodney for a lot of the reasons I like cv so it was an easy connection. They love the blue and white. Dyson was of the same mold of the powerful, undersized 2, with limited athleticism (on an nba level) strong defense and the questionable 3 point attempt. JD just irks me with what I felt was his hijacking the 2010 team from kemba instead of playing alongside him. Like a silent coup. Felt jc could have reigned that in a bit more.

Reaction Score
Today may have been Vital's best overall game. The kid leaves it all on the court. First team all UConn in that regard.
Im going really going to miss Vital next year. Vital is one of those players where you don’t appreciate him until he is gone. You can argue Vital’s ability as a player all you want, but CV Is definitely a unanimous first team all heart, and its not even a debate.

Reaction Score
Stayed in just enough control to be a terror for the other side. I hope he can keep the boundary and deliver. He’s pretty awesome when he’s not out of control. CV’s most important best game ever.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've criticized his late game decisions before. Today it's only fair to tip my cap. Nice job down the stretch. Draw the fouls, make the free throws, no hero moves. Just win, baby.

Good job, Christian.

He had a great second half and was making big plays down the stretch, the steal and pass and the offensive rebound put-back were huge, smart high effort plays. Then the solid 10-10 from the line.

I won't call it his best game, because his first half was full of a lot of the decisions we often criticize him for. He took several bad shots and wasn't getting others involved or moving the ball. Responded well after halftime. He had 4 TO and 3 assists, and I think most of the TO were first half.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He has a chance at 700 career rebounds. Incredible.

700 boards will take some energy but with Akok out who knows. He's at 628 with 6 regular season games to go.
300 assists is a reach but not impossible; he's at 257.
1700 points is very reachable; he's at 1591.
200 steals is a certainty; he's at 197.
250 made 3PT is a certainty; he's at 246.

Reaction Score
700 boards will take some energy but with Akok out who knows. He's at 628 with 6 regular season games to go.

Yeah, 700 will be difficult but if he gets 4 or 5 extra games with the AAC tournament and the NIT I think he will do it.

Great career. His numbers are going to very hard for other UConn guards to top.

Reaction Score
Have to say I'm amused at all the folks, some who have criticized him in the past for "being out of control", "low basketball IQ" "Hero ball", now singing his praises for "playing within himself".

Take the play of the game. First the steal, then the save, and then the pass to Bouk. But that pass had exactly zero margin for error. Could have easily been a turnover and then half the board would be crying about hero ball and low basketball IQ again. Instead he hit it perfectly and it was one of the best plays in several years.

Those of us solidly in the CV fan club, realize that that what you're getting: full out effort all the time and never afraid to try for the big play. Sometimes its successful and sometimes its not, but you're not getting those high highs without some lows.

Reaction Score
Also locked down another very guard guard - AND drew 3 charges (one refs bailed out Memphis a travel call)
For those who that we'll miss him next year - definitely; but many won't, because they can't appreciate all that is now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I felt he played essentially the same way in this game he has his played his entire career.

But then again I don't judge a player only on the last few minutes of a game but what said player contributes over the entire game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Have to say I'm amused at all the folks, some who have criticized him in the past for "being out of control", "low basketball IQ" "Hero ball", now singing his praises for "playing within himself".
Look what happened when he played in control, smart, less hero ball and within himself! We won!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
But that pass had exactly zero margin for error. Could have easily been a turnover and then half the board would be crying about hero ball and low basketball IQ again.
But kicking the ball ahead to a streaking scorer isn't hero ball, it's looking upcourt and making an aggressive, smart play with the ball. Had he ignored Bouknight and taken it the length of the floor himself, that's hero ball.

True, it didn't have 100% chance of success. It was still the right play, and had he missed on it the issue wouldn't have been decision making, only execution.

Reaction Score
I've criticized his late game decisions before. Today it's only fair to tip my cap. Nice job down the stretch. Draw the fouls, make the free throws, no hero moves. Just win, baby.

Good job, Christian.

With you on the tip of the hat. Never worried about his hard work, hustle and rebounding just decisions. Yesterday down the stretch he was really good, the FTs tremendous. Need a lot more of that game, but need him to shoot more like last year still. Still waiting for that "game or 2" which everything is going. Not unhappy he made the big ones yesterday but I think he has a couple 30 plus left. Love to see the kid play more than regular season and AAC tourney he deserves that as much as anyone ever has!

Reaction Score
250 made 3PT is a certainty; he's at 24

What Husky greats can we associate to each of these thresholds?

Reaction Score
1700 pts. Would make him 10th, just behind Boat
200 Steals 4th behind Burrell, Napier, and George
None of the rest would be top ten

Reaction Score
I think the most amazing thing about CV is his conditioning and resilience to injury. This guy lathers in chaos and comes out of the pack smelling like he started it, and will somehow finish it with a punctuation and that chest out stare. He goes down hard and bounces up time after time leaving everyone saying "who is this guy?".
He needs to carve into the Husky statue outside Gample....."CV was here"

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
With all the questions about refs giving us the business because we are leaving the AAC you think any of our guys will sniff POY or even 1stTeam all AAC?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom