Vital update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Vital update

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
What's the buzz? Second visit just to get mom's stamp of approval?

Reaction Score
What's the buzz? Second visit just to get mom's stamp of approval?

Mom was at the first one. Second one was to pick out living arrangements and go through the summer course catalog with an advisor.........

Reaction Score
Mom was at the first one. Second one was to pick out living arrangements and go through the summer course catalog with an advisor....

Can't tell if serious or not

Reaction Score
Rumors that he could announce soon. A lot of crystal ball movement in favor of Louisville recently.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Crystal Ball picks usually lean towards the last place he visited and since he visted UConn last this does not bode well at all.

Losuiville has Quinton Snyder and Donovan Mitchell as locks to start at the two guard spots, they also have Ryan McMahon who redshirted last year but hasnt played a minute yet, beyond that not much else at in the backcourt. They only have SF VJ King coming in so their main priority right now is Vital.

Question is what happens if Ollie misses on Vital and Thompson? Probably best to just sit on the scholarships and use them for 2017.

Reaction Score
Crystal Ball picks usually lean towards the last place he visited and since he visted UConn last this does not bode well at all.

Losuiville has Quinton Snyder and Donovan Mitchell as locks to start at the two guard spots, they also have Ryan McMahon who redshirted last year but hasnt played a minute yet, beyond that not much else at in the backcourt. They only have SF VJ King coming in so their main priority right now is Vital.

Question is what happens if Ollie misses on Vital and Thompson? Probably best to just sit on the scholarships and use them for 2017.
What happens if Purv, JA, or AG get in foul trouble or hurt? We absolutely need another guard for next year.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score

Well that visit was unofficial so...

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
What happens if Purv, JA, or AG get in foul trouble or hurt? We absolutely need another guard for next year.
I'd like to see a solid 6th man grad transfer. I don't like the philosophy of grad transfers being starters, but to get a solid guard to bring some leadership and dependability and still have a scholly open for 2017 would be ideal.

Reaction Score

I agree but who's left for 2016? From what I can see we're not involved with anyone esle including Grad Transfers/Juco's. Just dont want a desperate signing like Lubin or Leon.

Reaction Score
I agree but who's left for 2016? From what I can see we're not involved with anyone esle including Grad Transfers/Juco's. Just dont want a desperate signing like Lubin or Leon.
Best bet is to just go for any 5th year guard right now for another guard instead of reaching on a incoming freshman (a la Lubin and Tolks). Other names will pop up.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Would be a tough loss. Visits twice in 3 weeks & has his mom involved + best friend on our team. What's missing?

Reaction Score
Best bet is to just go for any 5th year guard right now for another guard instead of reaching on a incoming freshman (a la Lubin and Tolks). Other names will pop up.
Need another grad transfer badly either way.

Reaction Score
So do you think Louisville has the upper hand? I've bren taught not to trust the crystal balls.

Reaction Score
Would be a tough loss. Visits twice in 3 weeks & has his mom involved + best friend on our team. What's missing?
Louisville being in the ACC, likely a top 5 or top 10 team next year, and selling the Russ Smith angle since Vital is a 3* guard.

Reaction Score
Louisville also only has 2 guards ahead of him, if Purvis returns UConn has 3.

Reaction Score
So do you think Louisville has the upper hand? I've bren taught not to trust the crystal balls.
The only time the crystal ball feature has any value is when an announcement date is set, which usually indicates a decision has been made, and the picks start flowing in. Like today, he said he might announce this week, and then all of a sudden 4 UofL crystal ball picks come in. So, yes, I would think Louisville has the upper hand right now.

Reaction Score
The only time the crystal ball feature has any value is when an announcement date is set, which usually indicates a decision has been made, and the picks start flowing in. Like today, he said he might announce this week, and then all of a sudden 4 UofL crystal ball picks come in. So, yes, I would think Louisville has the upper hand right now.
Like I said last week, been a tough couple of weeks for Uconn.

3 players scheduled for official visits for the same week and we walk away with none of them.

I don't see another recruit or transfer who we are even interested in.

I guess we will be going into this season with what we got, hopefully Brimah and Purvis come back.

More importantly I pray everyday that Ollie stays.

I am confident with who we have, watch out for Larrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom