Vital Drives | The Boneyard

Vital Drives

Reaction Score
We have no options but Gaffney I guess. I would let him start knowing it could be ugly.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
To be fair, considering how every other play was a whistle I like his aggressive takes. At least he made it to the rim unlike turning it over like Gilbert

Reaction Score
Vital literally rejects himself off the bottom of the rim and then looks up as if the rim should have become semi solid holding his hands up like he can't comprehend what happened to him the previous three times when he did it before

Or the rim should have been called for a foul

Reaction Score
Vital literally rejects himself off the bottom of the rim and then looks up as if the rim should have become semi solid holding his hands up like he can't comprehend what happened to him the previous three times when he did it before
Did anyone else notice that both Gilbert and Vital end up on the floor on almost all of their drives to the basket? There were multiple times when Houston had a 5 on 4 going the other way because those two guys kept losing their balance and missing their drives. Vital was blocked twice by the backboard/rim!

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We have no options but Gaffney I guess. I would let him start knowing it could be ugly.
Not so sure he should start, but maybe finish in a tight game with 4 minutes left. AG seems to have end of game tunnel vision. He tries so hard to make the moment
instead of directing the team.

As for Vital, he’s lots better than some give him credit for and he doesn’t miss foul shots. The kid whose O is lacking is Akok. So athletic and an elite shot blocker, but in no way can I see him as anywhere near pro ready, even after next year unless he explodes. With his frame, he needs a way better outside game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The coach is the only person responsible when a team consistently reverts to hero ball at crunch time.

Reaction Score
We have 3 maybe 4 athletic guys on the offensive end. Bouk, Sid, Whaley and possibly Akok.

Reaction Score
The repeating ragtag, breakdown at crunch may be a player problem, but it’s Hurley’s problem to fix. Either he’s not getting through to them or they aren’t prepared to execute (1-7 foul shooting by PG, huge turnovers by the PG, not getting the ball into a starters hands for a shot with 7 seconds and chance to win).

Reaction Score
Not so sure he should start, but maybe finish in a tight game with 4 minutes left. AG seems to have end of game tunnel vision. He tries so hard to make the moment
instead of directing the team.

As for Vital, he’s lots better than some give him credit for and he doesn’t miss foul shots. The kid whose O is lacking is Akok. So athletic and an elite shot blocker, but in no way can I see him as anywhere near pro ready, even after next year unless he explodes. With his frame, he needs a way better outside game.
Agree but the other teams would only double him or force a trap and that is where he panics every time. He can’t handle that pressure yet.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Agree but the other teams would only double him or force a trap and that is where he panics every time. He can’t handle that pressure yet.
And AG drives into double teams and gets swallowed up. Watching all these close games end has been like watching the movie Groundhog Day except that Bill Murray’s character was slowly learning from his mistakes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom