Vital Drives | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vital Drives

Reaction Score
We have no options but Gaffney I guess. I would let him start knowing it could be ugly.

yeah the problem with Gaffney right now is two things. One, his not quite strong enough to hold off defenders well at this point. And two, he struggles to square up against defenders with on ball pressure. What happens with him often is he seems to have his back against defenders, causing him to play a bit more horizontal. Hopefully he can start to break down the defense more, square up the defenders, give them a little “wiggle” and get more vertical to avoid having that constant on ball pressure. Can’t remember how much time was left, but I believe it was in the second half where there was an empty position with him, no passes, and just turned it over out of bounds after the shot clot got down to like 10. At this point, we have to play AG at high minutes. Still hopeful JG can start to get it going a little bit more by the end of the season. He’s more athletic than he’s shown and I like the way he can pass the ball.

Reaction Score
yeah the problem with Gaffney right now is two things. One, his not quite strong enough to hold off defenders well at this point. And two, he struggles to square up against defenders with on ball pressure. What happens with him often is he seems to have his back against defenders, causing him to play a bit more horizontal. Hopefully he can start to break down the defense more, square up the defenders, give them a little “wiggle” and get more vertical to avoid having that constant on ball pressure. Can’t remember how much time was left, but I believe it was in the second half where there was an empty position with him, no passes, and just turned it over out of bounds after the shot clot got down to like 10. At this point, we have to play AG at high minutes. Still hopeful JG can start to get it going a little bit more by the end of the season. He’s more athletic than he’s shown and I like the way he can pass the ball.

Gaffney is not good yet at running PG in a half court set. He can’t dribble when he is guarded tight. Tough to go with him.

With that said Gilbert just has got to protect the ball with a lead. That has to be a priority. After the pass last game. He just can’t help it. It’s killing us. I really have no idea what to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyThief
Top Bottom