Vital and Gilbert | The Boneyard

Vital and Gilbert

Reaction Score
I’d like to see either Gilbert or Vital come off the bench. Both seem to make a lot of mistakes, and I think by starting Bouknight over one of them (and maybe both Bouknight and Gaffney over Vital and Gilbert) we will be a better team by the end of the season. I don’t know how Hurley doesn’t see that both of them are liabilities - they both cost us vs Xavier and are gonna cost us tonight vs Indiana. Does anyone else see this and agree?

Reaction Score
It’s tough to win a game when your starting backcourt goes 2-15 with 9 turnovers.

I still think there’s something to work with in Gilbert, but Vital is what he is at this point. I’d be okay with Bouknight coming off the bench if Hurley didn’t wait so long to get him into the game.

Reaction Score
They were both awful tonight and we only lost by 3. These two kids both play hard but neither played smart or well tonight. Bad shots, missed free throws, indecisiveness, and really, really bad turnovers.

Also, why does it seem like AG has had multiple instances where he can’t come close to making anything all night and then he hits these ridiculous desperation 3’s at the end when the game is basically over?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would have liked to have seen Vital benched for the rest of the game when Hurley pulled him 2-3 minutes in to the second half.

Hurley sent a message to the team when he stood up for Gilbert in front of the crowd at Charleston. Felt like he lost a chance to send a message to the team when he put Vital back in the game. He was a walking turnover and playing hero ball.

Reaction Score
22 turnovers, many of which seemed unforced, is absolutely brutal and takes the team away from establishing any flow offensively, and we don't have that much to begin with

Reaction Score
Their absolute abysmal play was a huge reason, if not the reason, we lost. I’ve been a defender of them too, and im not taking shots at them or their character, it’s just a fact.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Vital cutting in front of Gilbert to intercept the pass, then fumbling the ball away to lose the game, is the least surprising thing I've ever seen on a basketball court.

And you were rooting for it to happen so you could make this post.

Reaction Score
Same thing in all our losses, our guard leaders were disastrous. Vital has to be benched if we have any intereat in making the tournament. Quit keeping Bouknight on a leash. Gilbert gets an F but we need him, Vital gets lower than an F. How many times do you try and fit a square peg into a round hole? He is what he is, nothing has changed. He plays hard but his bball IQ is just way too low to be relied upon the way we've always tried to rely on him. Nice kid but he just played one of the worst basketball games I've seen.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Every single positive thing Christian Vital ever does is negated by a stupid out of control play or a horrible shot selection. So tired of watching him. Gilbert is terrible too. At least Vital rebounds.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom