Visions of Sugarplums-Is UConn Back on the Table for Big 12? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Visions of Sugarplums-Is UConn Back on the Table for Big 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Despite Tramel's comments, I still have my doubts that academics & research (UConn's best strength over other candidates) matters to B12 presidents. I can see maybe that's what Oklahoma will value in evaluating candidates. But will Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU?

Huh? Baylor and TCU are both much better schools than OU

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn would slide in at #2 in the B12 behind Texas in the USNWR rankings. Granted, there are other factors to consider when weighing a school's academic strength. But being a Top 20 public university and state flagship is an excellent place to start.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Question is does B1G get itchy with movement around UConn. We are the last best chance for true B1G expansion in this market. I think they assumed they were the only game in town for UConn. Letting news of the meeting out in public is slick move.

Agree. The more UConn is thrown around in CR talk, the better it will be towards expediting our exit out of conference purgatory. If we can crack a short list of B12 expansion candidates given our geography and culture clash, then that has to bode well for our B1G and ACC prospects should we be overlooked by the B12.

Reaction Score
Don't you have a kitten to kick somewhere?

Why comment on a thread that you clearly don't care about? Just to try to "spread your wisdom?" Well, not to worry. Your "wisdom" hasn't interrupted my "fantasy"...:rolleyes:

Dan it was a joke.

Gonna be a looooooong offseason.

Reaction Score
Question is does B1G get itchy with movement around UConn. We are the last best chance for true B1G expansion in this market. I think they assumed they were the only game in town for UConn. Letting news of the meeting out in public is slick move.
I think this is wishful thinking because there is no school for the B1G to pair with us at THIS moment. I seriously doubt anyone is going to challenge the GOR and deal with payments getting withheld while this thing goes through courts. Bills and salaries will still have to be paid.

The goal should be get into the club, and if there is more movement as these GORs expire, we will be better positioned than those outside the P5.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur (@flugempire)
1/3/16, 8:29 PM
Big 12 Expansion End Game:

Cincinnati & Houston
Or
Cincinnati & UCONN

Who holds more votes between UH & UCONN?
We have no idea..only thing we know is WVU - Kansas - Oklahoma - Baylor may have a preference between UH & UCONN..but are not hard "NO" votes with either.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur (@flugempire)
1/3/16, 8:29 PM
Big 12 Expansion End Game:

Cincinnati & Houston
Or
Cincinnati & UCONN

Who holds more votes between UH & UCONN?
We have no idea..only thing we know is WVU - Kansas - Oklahoma - Baylor may have a preference between UH & UCONN..but are not hard "NO" votes with either.
Nos you are a bit late to the game here with that.....check the non-Key Tweets thread in the CR Forum..

Reaction Score
Nos you are a bit late to the game here with that.....check the non-Key Tweets thread in the CR Forum..

Ha! You're right. Looks like lots of stuff going on behind the scenes. The boneyard angst meter is revving up as we speak.

Reaction Score
Ha! You're right. Looks like lots of stuff going on behind the scenes. The boneyard angst meter is revving up as we speak.
Have you heard anything substantial on this?

Reaction Score

Not really...

BradyVardeman 7:11pm via TweetDeck
.@President_Boren says Big 12 would still be disadvantaged even with title game:#Sooners

Boren.jpg

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Also, you CAN expect a sold out stadium when we come to town. It'll be fun watching us stomp on your shell of a program

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Seems to me that bc puckett said quite a while back that they are no fan of BC... just unfortunate name choice... like how my handle should be BLUE solo cup...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Gonna suck for you when UConn joins P5 and emerges as the dominant football program in NE. Should accelerate your current free fall into irrelevance. To think at one time your program mattered, then you screwed your partners left to apparent greener pastures only to find you screwed yourself.
BC's lack of success last has nothing to do with change of conference affiliation as much as Uconn's lack of FB success in the PP+ BD year 1 era had anything to do with the disolving of the BE. Each school made horrible coaching hires after successful coaches left/were forced out. That is on the AD not the conference which is why they changed the AD. I will also say that they cleaned house on the offensive coaching side after last season, something never seen at Uconn during the PP years which suggests that the current AD may have a lot more common sense and less patience with poor results than the old AD.

Reaction Score
Once again I am not now nor have I ever been a BC fan. I've been a TCU fan for about 45 years, hence my interest in the Big XII. Sorry for the name choice and that it immediately leads people here to associate me with them. It's based on the character from Semi-Tough written by Dan Jenkins (a TCU grad).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom