Virginia Game Thread | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Virginia Game Thread

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Need to change up the coverage scheme. That should be priority one this week in practice.

Reaction Score
I like that they are going away from inside handoffs to newsome. He can still be great in the flat but we finally have some other guys who can play RB and Newsome should not take any more handoffs

I did not know Mensah had that type of acceleration. Makes Newsome obsolete other than screens and slot receiving.

Reaction Score
yeah that's why most teams don't go to the nickel for the majority of games now. that definitely doesn't happen.

we just don't have the players for it right now. it'll get better
I guess we will disagree. Generally a nickel is a 4-2 where you still have some upfront physical presence. The 3-3 for undersized Ds relying on speed and athleticism smells more like a Dime because of cross over personnel types. The NFL does not use it as a base D because it would be destroyed without super effective pass pressure and hard run support capability.

Reaction Score
I have hope for the future of this season. If they can stop the fumbles and not get confused on the field -- I could see them winning six games and heading for a bowl game. Randy and his staff are going to work with these players to succeed!

Reaction Score
I have hope for the future of this season. If they can stop the fumbles and not get confused on the field -- I could see them winning six games and heading for a bowl game. Randy and his staff are going to work with these players to succeed!

You are a knucklehead..this team is lucky if it manages to squeak 1 win out of this season. I have seen this too may times to ever be optomistic about this team in the near future because I most likely be dead by the time we compete again.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You are a knucklehead..this team is lucky if it manages to squeak 1 win out of this season. I have seen this too may times to ever be optomistic about this team in the near future because I most likely be dead by the time we compete again.

So then why are you here? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Last year's team completely gave up. This is why we need a "downvote" function.
Exactly. Let's see if this team plays hard all year or gives up too. This was a winnable game and they basically got blown out. Let's see how the staff/team reacts when they have to go against some tougher opponents.

Reaction Score
Bloom dropped TD
Mayala wrong route
Shirreffs fumble

Can't have that many mistakes to open a game. Bloom hangs on this game is 7-0 UConn. Mayala runs the correct route it's 7-0 UConn.

Reaction Score
Please remember I don't think there were more than a handful of coaches that were actually worse than Diaco or Paul P. These players are now getting the chance to work with coaches that are far better. Just try to have some patience. UConn is not the Columbia of the AAC.

Reaction Score
So then why are you here? :rolleyes:

I am just so disgusted with the ineptness that I see with this team year in and year out playing musical chairs with coaches and never getting any kind of continuity going. I expected to see some level of competing against a very poor Virginia team and to get blown out by them is depressing at best.

Reaction Score
I would have like the game to be competitive. It wasn't at all. Forget about winning, just compete. Hats off to those of you that still see hope for this year. This season is gone. Opponents will get tougher. We need to look for signs that the staff can turn this ship around for next year. So far I've seen nothing.

Reaction Score
Bloom dropped TD
Mayala wrong route
Shirreffs fumble

Can't have that many mistakes to open a game. Bloom hangs on this game is 7-0 UConn. Mayala runs the correct route it's 7-0 UConn.

Bell burned like 15 times ... Summers got burnt quite a few times too. Whats to keep every team from doing this to us going forward?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I am just so disgusted with the ineptness that I see with this team year in and year out playing musical chairs with coaches and never getting any kind of continuity going. I expected to see some level of competing against a very poor Virginia team and to get blown out by them is depressing at best.

Nebraska just lost to Northern Illinois. With Nebraska level recruits. At home. That's called "The Diaco Effect".

We're still recovering from The Diaco Effect...

Reaction Score
Bell burned like 15 times ... Summers got burnt quite a few times too. Whats to keep every team from doing this to us going forward?

Yes, true and Fortt got burned as well. Familiarity with the system should cut down on that but with no pass rush we will always be susceptible to deep threat.

Reaction Score
On a bright note, Diaco and friends are a couple of minutes away from losing to Northern Illinois. Somehow, that makes me feel marginally better... marginally...
Unfortunately Cisco's defense has done well...two pick 6s hurt nebraska

Reaction Score
On a bright note, Diaco and friends are a couple of minutes away from losing to Northern Illinois. Somehow, that makes me feel marginally better... marginally...
That "bend but don't break" failed against NIU's rushing attack.

Reaction Score
Nebraska just lost to Northern Illinois. With Nebraska level recruits. At home. That's called "The Diaco Effect".

We're still recovering from The Diaco Effect...

I understand that they have to learn a whole new system AGAIN and it doesn't happen overnight. It just seems the merry-go-round never ends with this team. No matter..I will be back next game rooting like hell for em.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I understand that they have to learn a whole new system AGAIN and it doesn't happen overnight. It just seems the merry-go-round never ends with this team. No matter..I will be back next game rooting like hell for em.

Gotta take this in stages. ECU is a winnable game, and an important game for our psyche.

Hopefully, the fellas can bounce back mentally and get right back to it...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom