Virginia Game Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Virginia Game Thread

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
The season is a lost cause in game #2???

C'mon, folks. Jesus. Today is super bad, but there is still a lot of football to be played and still a lot of goals to try to achieve...

Yeah, I'm not gonna get too worked up over this 1 game. Without the turnovers, this is a shootout.

Worried about our D though. Holy Cross and now Virginia look like June Jones is coaching against us

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here's a fun fact: as bad as today has gone, our offense has around 400 yards of total offense.

God, we've gotta get our defense right...

Reaction Score
I said the same thing after Holy Cross. This team is worse than the team last year. I've seen nothing in the first two games that would make me say the team is improving or that the coaching change has made any difference. At least the defense was respectable last year. Now they suck on both sides of the ball. Let's see if this team gives up like last year's team did at the end of the season. Give the new staff a chance blah blah blah. After last year's team hit rock bottom I didn't think think things could get worse. Oh well. We will see...

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
no pressure on the QB again, running a stunt Foley runs into Ormsby and falls down on his backside as the ball is thrown.
Yup. Comical.

Reaction Score
I put this squarely on Bobby Fiasco...other than the D which is an abomination IMO. It's a gimmick that appears not to hold up in big boy football, let alone IAA. To much speed and no differential to leverage with 5 DBs covering and trying to do run support.

The honor of this game goes to our secondary ... specifically the CB position which is the slowest we've had since going FBS

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Diaco's teams gave up.

I do like the fight we are showing, but we need to get ready for a whole bunch of "execution" talk from Randy postgame. In this case, it is warranted.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I said the same thing after Holy Cross. This team is worse than the team last year. I've seen nothing in the first two games that would make me say the team is improving or that the coaching change has made any difference. At least the defense was respectable last year. Now they suck on both sides of the ball. Let's see if this team gives up like last year's team did at the end of the season. Give the new staff a chance blah blah blah. After last year's team hit rock bottom I didn't think think things could get worse. Oh well. We will see...

Last year's team completely gave up. This is why we need a "downvote" function.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
is our backup longsnapper really that bad that we can't even attempt a PAT?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
434 yards. 21 first downs. 5 yards per carry.

Normally, those are numbers that win a game. Lost opportunity today...

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Holy hell, they are gonna get 700 yards

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I want Randy to look pissed on the sidelines. Not enough screaming going on

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Mensah and Hopkins are both better than Newsome. He's gonna get buried on the depth chart.
I like that they are going away from inside handoffs to newsome. He can still be great in the flat but we finally have some other guys who can play RB and Newsome should not take any more handoffs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom